1. #1

    What happens if I cancel my subscription before my 6 month period ends?

    I'm having some financial problems at the moment, and I bought the 6 month plan for Rift. I have 136 days remaining.
    I use Paypal and I can easily cancel it via Paypal, but what happens if I do?

    Should I call them and ask for my account to be closed immediatly or what would you recommend? Or can I simply cancel it through Paypal without any problems?

  2. #2
    you can easily cancel your account subscription. however since you always pay for a subscription in advance you still have 136 worth of playtime. but you won't be charged after that period ends

  3. #3
    The Patient Kromtar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    202
    If you chose a 6 month plan you've already paid for all 6 months, there's nothing to cancel. For multi-month plans you pay for all of them as a lump sum at the start. Cancelling now would just stop a new payment from being made for another 6 months when the current one expires.

  4. #4
    Fluffy Kitten Callei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground
    Posts
    9,687
    You'll get the play the rest of the 6-month period and after that, your account won't be able to log into the game until you renew. You might be able to get your payment refunded for the remaining time if you give their billing a call and explain your situation, emphasis on might.

    Awesome sig by Elyaan is awesome.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by albatross1 View Post
    you can easily cancel your account subscription. however since you always pay for a subscription in advance you still have 136 worth of playtime. but you won't be charged after that period ends
    Quote Originally Posted by Kromtar View Post
    If you chose a 6 month plan you've already paid for all 6 months, there's nothing to cancel. For multi-month plans you pay for all of them as a lump sum at the start. Cancelling now would just stop a new payment from being made for another 6 months when the current one expires.
    I thought it billed me every month?
    So you're saying that I have allready payed for the 6 months? I don't remember them charging 60£, but I might be wrong.

  6. #6
    Fluffy Kitten Azuri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Screamo View Post
    I thought it billed me every month?
    So you're saying that I have allready payed for the 6 months? I don't remember them charging 60£, but I might be wrong.
    If you changed to 6 months during your last billing cycle the next renewal date will charge you for 6 months. If you've canceled now you won't get charged and your sub will just lapse.
    Last edited by Azuri; 2013-01-12 at 06:51 PM.
    • PSN ID: Azuri118 •

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    If you changed to 6 months during your last billing cycle the next renewal date will charge you for 6 months. If you've canceled now you won't get charged and your sub will just lapse.
    Okay, thanks. Right now I need to use as little as possible, so it's a good thing I don't have to pay again.

  8. #8
    Yeah, a subscription for Rift isn't like a contract for a cellphone. A 6 month game sub is paid upfront, not a commitment to continue paying for 6 months.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •