Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Went on a first date from match.

We met on match, I honestly do not know what I said to her completely to get her to talk to me but I am glad I did (the first email I sent was erased for some reason). All I know is it went something like this.

Hi, I'm ______

I was wondering if you like bad boys? If so I _____insert something witty and totally not bad at all here like "I swim without floaties"_______

Anyway we emailed back and forth for like 6 hours straight when she asked me to play a game of choosing. She posted 2 things like glasses or contacts and I picked one. After I played her game I gave her my own game. it goes like this.

If we are going to play games then you are going to help me with some of the answers I have on this crossword puzzle I am working on. Just list them in order. no need to repeat the question.

1. The FIRST name of the main star from the show Fresh Prince of Bel Air. Also Starred in movies such as Hancock and Hitch? 4 letters

2. Stevie Wonder song title "___ Are The Sunshine Of My Life"? 3 letters

3. The opposite of stop? 2 letters

4. 3 strikes and you are _____?

5. U2 song lyrics "I can't live, _____? or without you".4 letters

6. "do, re, __?, fa, so, la, ti, do" 2 letters

7. opposite of off? 2 letters

8. Carpenters song title "Rainy days and _______"? 7 letters

If you figured that out she said yes to it.

So we exchange contact info saturday and have texted back and forth several times already. Didn't talk to each other until tonight which was fine by me as I kinda wanted to be surprised and I was a tad under the weather and sounded horrible anyway (I don't know about her). But we went out earlier tonight, She set up everything and wanted to surprise me with what we were going to do. I kind of already knew the plans she made because I already discussed it with her before in some emails.
    Anyway we went bowling and went to a Mexican restaurant. Didn't really talk much other then about the game while bowling, She spanked me 3-1 (I kinda threw the games, I am actually a great bowler). We went to the restaurant and got to actually talk a bit there, I think I did everything right, we laughed, we had serious parts, she has children and I made sure to ask about them at the right time I suppose. She paid for most of the bowling and I paid dinner. At the end we hugged, we both said we had a good time, we waved to each other as we drove off.

Now the question, after all the text and emails we have already sent I want to thank her for setting it up and let her know that it was really fun losing to her. Should I send her a good night text with that or wait til tomorrow sometime or call her tomorrow?

BTW she is ******* gorgeous.

Deleted
    Completely depends on what kind of girl she is, some would love it if you text them the same night, others would prefer if you waited a day or two.

Stop asking for advice and do what you think is right. She needs to know you, not know what people on the internet think you should do.

Quote Originally Posted by Strifus View Post
    Completely depends on what kind of girl she is, some would love it if you text them the same night, others would prefer if you waited a day or two.
    Well if I text her tonight I plan on calling wed or thurs to ask her out again. However if I call tomorrow I just may then instead. I just don't want to wait to long tonight before I text her if its a good ideal.

What is this I don't even

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Stop asking for advice and do what you think is right. She needs to know you, not know what people on the internet think you should do.
    Listen to this, the wisdoms of oldigore!

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Me might be a fumbling baffoon who loses a second date with someone I would really like to go with again.

Do what you feel is right.

Just drop her a quick text, there's absolutely no need for all the game playing shit if she's not a nut anyway. No one that's worth dating is ever put off by a quick, "Hey, had a great time, hope we can get together again some time!".

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Just drop her a quick text, there's absolutely no need for all the game playing shit if she's not a nut anyway. No one that's worth dating is ever put off by a quick, "Hey, had a great time, hope we can get together again some time!".
    Fuck it, thanks. sent.

Send her the damn good night text. Girls don't want to wait!

Quote Originally Posted by crawdaddy029 View Post
    Me might be a fumbling baffoon who loses a second date with someone I would really like to go with again.
    Some women think fumbling buffoons are cute. Or did you mean baboon? :P

Seriously. If you want to send her a good night text, do that. If you want to wait and call her tomorrow and actually talk to her do that.

If you are looking for a relationship and not to get in her pants and leave, you should play it by what you feel is right.

Fuck it, thanks. sent.
    Good stuff man, good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Fainth View Post
    Send her the damn good night text. Girls don't want to wait!
    I did, I did, now the wait.

Remember what year we are living in! People don't speak to each other on dates, they text.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will unapologetically say that this sounds very idiotic. Match-making websites are incredibly overrated and typically do not work. Try real-life.

Received infraction.

~Badpaladin
    Last edited by Badpaladin; 2013-01-15 at 05:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyopz View Post
    I will unapologetically say that this sounds very idiotic. Match-making websites are incredibly overrated and typically do not work. Try real-life.
    don't have time for that shit, I work 6 days a week in the evenings. Monday is my only day off and that is the worst pick up day.

I hever never tried an online site, I feel it would be a waste of money for me though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    What is this I don't even

Listen to this, the wisdoms of oldigore!
    What happened to "I'm only going to refresh the chat thread"?

At any rate, just do what you want to do. Personally, I think texting is for pansies and you should just freaking call her, but it's up to you. But give her time to respond - if you call her ten times in thirty minutes she's going to think you're crazy. Just because they don't pick up the phone right away or respond to your text right away doesn't mean they don't want to, they could just be busy doing something.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Psyopz View Post
    This is plainly false, they work just fine. If you're actively looking for a relationship, you're more likely to find one by perusing all reasonable options than just one. I used Match for a month awhile ago and went on some fun dates, met a girl that I really enjoyed hanging around with, and dated her for a couple months. Not such a bad gig. Lots of people meet much longer term partners.

10+ Year Old Account
    don't have time for that shit, I work 6 days a week in the evenings. Monday is my only day off and that is the worst pick up day.
    Alright, and that's unfortunate, but your alternative will probably be a divorce in a couple of years if you do take this relationship to that serious of a level. It's what almost always happens.

Fun-fact: military couples (the most difficult relationship since it takes a lot of effort from both parties for it to work) have better chances of not divorcing eachother than couples originating from match-making sites, even well-known ones such as E-harmony.