Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Taking philandering to the next level.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/japans...035400852.html

TOKYO—Over the past few years, as many people rushed to trade in their old phones for smartphones, Japan's philanderers have remained faithful to one particular brand: Fujitsu Ltd.'s older "F-Series" phones, which feature some attractive stealth privacy features.

"Women may want to check my phone for strange emails or calls when I'm not around. With Fujitsu's 'privacy mode,' they can't see that information at all," he said in an email. "The key is to give off the impression that you're not locking your phone at all."

Fujitsu's "privacy mode" is a layer of nearly invisible security that hides missed calls, emails and text messages from contacts designated as private. If one of those acquaintances gets in touch, the only signal of that communication is a subtle change in the color or shape of how the battery sign or antenna bars are displayed. If ignored, the call doesn't appear in the phone log.

Wouldn't it be easy to avoid dating a guy with a 'uwaki keitai'?

I never figured out why immature people go to such lengths to conceal their cheating. If you're unhappy just leave whoever you are with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I never figured out why immature people go to such lengths to conceal their cheating. If you're unhappy just leave whoever you are with.
    this. I don't get all this cheating stuff, just tell them, or leave them...

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    I wish I had an excuse for that sort of security. I must be lame

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather have a phone that called me out on my bullshit.

This comes in handy to another blogger who calls himself "Poza." He claims to have various romances on dating sites while juggling three girlfriends.
    I think its more for philandering than infidelity. Barney Stintson probably has this phone.

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    I think its more for philandering than infidelity. Barney Stintson probably has this phone.
    "Women may want to check my phone for..."

How about you don't let people touch your damn phone. In this day and age I have WAY WAY more sensitive stuff on my phone than some other girl's phone number. There's no way I would let ANYONE touch my phone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Good grief, if you have to go to such lengths to disguise the fact that you're a scumbag, you may as well give up and exit the human race.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    "Women may want to check my phone for..."

How about you don't let people touch your damn phone. In this day and age I have WAY WAY more sensitive stuff on my phone than some other girl's phone number. There's no way I would let ANYONE touch my phone.
    Sensitive stuff?

In my opinion having nothing to hide is the best way to go. I could care less if someone picked up my phone and starting playing around on it. Up until the point when they joke about throwing it in the toilet or if the battery is dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    Good grief, if you have to go to such lengths to disguise the fact that you're a scumbag, you may as well give up and exit the human race.
    If you're in a 'relationship' sure... but the kinds of gals that are such controlfreaks that they gotta spy on everything the guy says or does probably aren't in an actual relationship with the guy yet.

i'm good for my word, but any gal that needs to spy on my phone/emails/etc in order to 'trust me' can take a hike and find a different guy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Be a man and have chicks throw themselves at you and then tell me guys who cheat are scumbags. That penis thing fucks up your mind. It tells you to keep on going no matter what - if it were a third base coach it would be screaming at you to run home standing up all the time. A dude who goes after the cheat might be a scumbag, but when you're assailed with scantily clad sex wanting chicks all day long at work, at the gym at bars etc etc that apendage takes over and shit gets real. A dick is programmed with 2 speeds, asleep and mach 31... a woman has 96 speeds, each speed having 35 subspeeds....

Grow a dick, take some testosterone and then have some chick rub up against you in a club or at a party and then tell me you won't cheat. I'd be the first in line to call you a liar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rifter View Post
    Be a man and have chicks throw themselves at you and then tell me guys who cheat are scumbags. That penis thing fucks up your mind. It tells you to keep on going no matter what - if it were a third base coach it would be screaming at you to run home standing up all the time. A dude who goes after the cheat might be a scumbag, but when you're assailed with scantily clad sex wanting chicks all day long at work, at the gym at bars etc etc that apendage takes over and shit gets real. A dick is programmed with 2 speeds, asleep and mach 31... a woman has 96 speeds, each speed having 35 subspeeds....

Grow a dick, take some testosterone and then have some chick rub up against you in a club or at a party and then tell me you won't cheat. I'd be the first in line to call you a liar.
    You're fighting a losing battle ever trying to convince a lady of male hormonal urges.

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 06:29 AM ----------

I dont think using a particular type of phone qualifies "such lengths"... It's just being smart about it. Also, 'Exist the human race'... Really?

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wdmshmo View Post
    Sensitive stuff?
    Automatic login to Facebook and email. A password file (which is itself password protected, but still). Personal information, banking information. I don't personally, but it's possible to have stuff like your Amazon accounts and stuff automatically linked to your phone.

Phones aren't just for dialing a phone number these days. There is no reason for anyone other than myself to touch my phone.

I'll tell you now I wouldn't, I find whores unattractive. Plus some males like me have self control and actually think before acting, rather than vice versa

Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    Phones aren't just for dialing a phone number these days. There is no reason for anyone other than myself to touch my phone.
    Wife? Assuming money is pooled. Letting someone close to your access your phone is a sign of trust and that you have nothing to hide (unless you hide it very well with the uwaki keitai).

You can make as many excuses for trashy behavior as you like, but realize that these aren't social mores shared by most people. Having an active sex drive doesn't necessitate cheating. If you're completely unable to enjoy a monogamous relationship, that's fine and not unusual, just don't pretend to be engaging in monogamy when it's not what you're looking for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    this. I don't get all this cheating stuff, just tell them, or leave them...
    There once was a slut that made a song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp4UwPZfRis about this problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Wife? Assuming money is pooled. Letting someone close to your access your phone is a sign of trust and that you have nothing to hide (unless you hide it very well with the uwaki keitai).
    There's a huge difference between letting someone close to you use your phone for the purposes of making a call and that same person seeing your phone on the side and just having a casual browse through your call lists, text messages and pictures.

The first is fine, the second is a red-flag.

Inb4 finger pointed at men every time the topic is cheating:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...-lying-it.html

And if you actually read it, as many as 15% of children secretly are the spawn of another man. When men cheat, women don't have to worry about putting their heart and soul into raising somebody else's child.

Quote Originally Posted by Reqq View Post
    Your phone on the side and just having a casual browse through your call lists, text messages and pictures.
    Well, it depends on how serious you are about the other person. In the article, it seemed like the women were lead on to believe that the relationship was more serious than it was.

There's also culture too; that kind of behavior is probably OK in Japan. In other countries, you would instead password protect your phone from your girlfriend. It all boils down to how seriously you take the potential of cheating.