Razer naga(s) - Afk for drink - Dead mouse when back - Fix?

Hey all sorry if title is confusing... oh and before anyone says; i know Razer mouses are cheaply made plastic but playing with one is amazing compared to other mouses for me, i do realize they break a lot.

I've had my naga epic for like a month now and i went afk for 5-10? and when i got back the mouse was turned off, no biggie i thought, sleep modes on, but it wouldnt turn on, i restarted my computer and such and it still wouldn't turn on, the mouse was only detected in the "Synapses 2.0" when the usb cord was connected to the wireless hub, however it wouldnt detect the mouse, the battery was at 0%, it wouldn't charge or even light up.

I tried reinstalling synapses etc and thought the battery would be dead, however it apprently works in wired mode without the battery, so i thought i had a dead mouse lol...

After a lot of looking online and such i tried updating my firmware on my mouse, it wouldnt detect though which made me think even more that the mouse was dead, however i read i should take the cord out, hold the left + right button + the scroll button down, reconnect the cord while holding them down still and the mouse would be detected and installed, well i tried it and windows installed the "Razer Bootloader" driver, which then let me update the firmware...

Anyway this post is so that everyone understands what happened and maybe even help some people who think they have a dead razer mouse... however i do wonder, why did my razer naga epic stop working due to firmware? how comes i at to reinstall it, it seems a bit... Dodgy.

The fix would be this -> http://www.sierraclub.org/sierra/200...ges/trash1.jpg

Once I had a problem my Corsair m90 wasn't working neither the led lights were working and the fix was just a re-firmware flash.

I just would return that mouse and take something else like a G600 or M90.

Deleted
    Sounds like dodgy faulty mouse. Might have to bin it :/. Ive had my naga for over a year now and never had issues with it other than the odd cleaning.

10+ Year Old Account
    if its still under warranty just call razzer and ask for a rma number

Deleted
    how long have you had it ?
    is it possible to return to the retailer or back to Razer.

cant see where your based, but if your in the EU if its under 2 years old then you can probably get it replace. I just got a new "breakaway" cable for my headset due to it going faulty and they are over 18 months old. It is worth speaking to the manufacturer about it.

Deleted
    I guess the chinese sweat shop worker who constructed your mouse hadn't been fed that day.

Protip: don't buy razer products. With one or two exceptions (i.e. deathadder) they are overpriced, poor quality, poor reliability/longevity trash. I've had three razer products fail within the first year. Google "planned obsolescence", they make these products knowing full well they will fail after a period of time. That is the only way they can afford to offer that one year guarantee, because in the long run it works out cheaper for them, especially when the majority of people are unaware of the guarantee and just end up buying more raz0r gaymen gearz!!

Had the same problem.I just woke up 1 morning while leaving my pc on and the mouse never worked again.I got gigabyte ghost with my gtx590 and never looked back.So much better mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Vital View Post
    I guess the chinese sweat shop worker who constructed your mouse hadn't been fed that day.

Protip: don't buy razer products. With one or two exceptions (i.e. deathadder) they are overpriced, poor quality, poor reliability/longevity trash. I've had three razer products fail within the first year. Google "planned obsolescence", they make these products knowing full well they will fail after a period of time. That is the only way they can afford to offer that one year guarantee, because in the long run it works out cheaper for them, especially when the majority of people are unaware of the guarantee and just end up buying more raz0r gaymen gearz!!
    I've have my Razer Lycosa and Razer Naga for 2 years now. Still work perfect.

Just because you had bad luck, doesn't mean the product is bad.

That's like buying a Lexus and it needed something fixed in the first year. Therefore, everything Lexus makes, is terrible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sphexy View Post

That's like buying a Lexus and it needed something fixed in the first year. Therefore, everything Lexus makes, is terrible.
    I'm not basing my assertions on my own experience, although it adds into it. This is the consensus among educated technology experts. Razer is trash, it's all marketing. I'm ashamed to say I fell for it myself

10+ Year Old Account

Razer has by far the highest failure rate, their quality assurance IS terrible.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

True if it were Lexus we were dealing with, however Logitech=Lexus, Razer=Kia.

The mouse clearly realised it was linked up to Synapse 2 and promptly committed suicide. I have a feeling it'd probably work fine with an archived Razer driver.

Had my naga over a year now, generally this stuff lasts alot longer if you don't tend to rage alot. I know guys who smash their mice and keyboards around, and go through them pretty fast.

nagas work fine without that pos software synapse btw, just sayin

I had my naga for almost exactly one year before it failed. Well the first one I had was broken when I got it (cursor jumping) and I changed it after one week. The scroll click stopped working. I managed to fix it once but this time I couldn't. My gf had the same problem with her deathadder but I managed to fix it too. I changed the naga for a logitech g600 and so far I like it much more than the naga. From my experience razer doesn't make high quality products. They break more easily than other brands. It's not just me that had problems with razer. A couple of friends also had problems.

For your problem I would try a different usb port or just unplug it and plug it back in. Sometimes my pc didn't detect it when it booted or stop detecting it after it had booted. Unplugging it fixed it.

Edit: to the guy above: I don't rage very often when I play games and when I do I don't take it out on my keyboard or mouse. The reason my scroll click broke was probably because I wore it out. I use it a lot when I browse the web. It should last longer than a year thought.
    Last edited by Blupparen; 2013-01-12 at 12:32 AM.

Pro Tip: Do NOT buy any special Nagas, like Epic, "2012" or Molten. The Regular naga has the least amount of failure rate, my last Naga lasted me over 18 months and even still, I only got a new one since MoP was just about to launch and the old one had issues with Mouse scroll click. It still works perfectly otherwise(have it stored away in case current one breaks, which it hasn't!).

Also, if you are having trouble with your mouse locking to the Y-axis and won't move along the X-axis, there might be some hair/fabric on the sensor's way. Happens to me sometimes and I just take a toothpick and carefully try to get it out without causing damage to the laser.