Thread: Glyph of UA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    As stated before, GCD is 1.5 seconds too.
    Is the scaling rate different for UA than for the GCD? I can cast UA and the tooltip says it takes 1.42 seconds, and my cooldown tracker says my GCD is 1.27. Practical experience backs this up since the GCD graphic is done before I finish casting UA. I can interrupt my UA before it finishes and go immediately into casting something else (after the GCD timer).

Deleted
    Well that's weird
    I'm no expert so I might be missing something. For me since UA & the GCD have the same "base cast time" they should always have the same "cast time" (except if UA goes < 1 sec).

Even if all my tooltips and timers are correct, it still amounts to only fractions of a second. I would have to cast/refresh UA 7 times before I even get 1 second of additional time. Still, this difference is what was causing all my confusion from earlier.

Deleted
    Well atleast with this glyph you can extend refreshing UA abit longer than usual (the faster you cast it the longer you can wait before applying it) meaning that you can start casting UA on 1.3 sec remaining instead of 1.5 sec remaining. i tested this and it suits malefic grasp pretty well in the rotation. I know pandemic erase this pretty much but you always want a 100% uptime on malefic grasp during haunt uptime so if you can extend refreshing UA it will help incase you casted haunt while UA has 8 seconds remaining

Quote Originally Posted by Ignocia View Post
    Well atleast with this glyph you can extend refreshing UA abit longer than usual (the faster you cast it the longer you can wait before applying it) meaning that you can start casting UA on 1.3 sec remaining instead of 1.5 sec remaining. i tested this and it suits malefic grasp pretty well in the rotation. I know pandemic erase this pretty much but you always want a 100% uptime on malefic grasp during haunt uptime so if you can extend refreshing UA it will help incase you casted haunt while UA has 8 seconds remaining
    I think it will be used a lot in PvE but it's one of those things I prefer testing in practice to figure it out. We'll get the chance to play around with it since Healthstone/Siphon Life are the only important glyphs for most encounters now when Soul Shard glyph has been removed. Too bad it doesn't seem to work on PTR yet.