View Poll Results: Do you spend that much on clothes?

Voters
524. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

241 45.99%
  • No

196 37.40%
  • People pay that much?

87 16.60%
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Depends on what it looks like. If something is crazy nice, and I can afford it, I will get it.

Saying that, the UK is actually quite good for cheap good looking clothes (H&M, River Island, Topshop/man, ASOS).

Having said that, I have spent £130 on a pair of moleskin trousers XD
    Must... resist... posting... huge... animated GIF...

Never have. Closest I have gotten would be £70~ for a full suit.

My coat is worth just over £100, and I'd probably spend over £100 on cosplay/crossplay clothing.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/1 | Mafia: 0/5/5 | TPR: 0/3/4
    SK: 0/1/1 | VT: 1.5/3.5/5 | Cult: 1/0/1
    Legendary Overlooked, Glyphmaster Gunhaver

Not unless jackets count. I'd much rather have 3-4 articles of clothing than 1 really expensive bit. Or just 1 cheap bit of clothing and nothing expensive because I'm a student.

Stood in the Fire lostprophet12's Avatar
    I spent £175 on my old coat, it lasted me nearly ten years though, I only replaced it before Christmas. I spent £200 on the one I replaced it with, it was down from £350. Other than those two items nothing ever else has come close to £100 for a single item.

no, most expsensive i ever spent was about £60 on a jacket.
    Too cool for a signature

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    If a piece of clothing costs more than $25, it's not worth getting.
    thats like saying if a meal costs more than 25$ its not worth getting.

aside from jackets and shoes, my limit is usually no more than £20 a tshirt,about £40 for a jumper, and leggings about £30. unless its something i really like i dont usually spend more than that.
    Too cool for a signature

All of my formal shirts cost more than that, most of my ties as well. Suits of course do.

That pretty much sums up my wardrobe. I don't really wear jeans that often but if I do they are around the 80 pound mark for the ones I have. Belts and shoes are well over 100 pounds as well.

Herald of the Titans
    Wow. No of course not. The closest thing to that price are my suits. But they are a full suit. I'm a husky guy and jackets and sneakers are at most $80.

Quote Originally Posted by Defengar View Post
    thats like saying if a meal costs more than 25$ its not worth getting.
    Exactly. 25$ for one person? No thanks, not when I can get a full on meal for less than 10$ on McDonalds or just buying noodles or something. No need to go crazy on the restaurant.

High Overlord
    Not on summer clothes, but coats usually cost much more then 100 bucks. The coat I currently have was $100 but it's ugly as hell.

Personally I wouldn't as I don't really have need to. But I can see how someone else would. Specific formal wear etc.

Not counting outerwear, I probably only have about three or four things over that price. A cycling/running jersey, some slacks, and that's about it.

Suit pants/jacket, jackets, shoes, watches, yes, but shirts and pants/shorts? Lol. No.
    EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 Superclocked | Ripjaws 8GD3 (2x4GB) RAM
    Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon Quad-Core 3.5GHz CPU | ASRock Fatality Z97X Killer Intel MOBO
    Corsair HX 650W Gold+ Certified PSU | MS Win 8.1
    ASUS Black 23.6" 1920x1080 2ms Full HD LED Monitor

I cant imagine spending 100 bucks or more on a piece of clothing, like jeans. Its fun to watch GMA or some morning shows, and they claim a pair of 85$ high heels are a "great price!". Yeah a great price for rich celebs or idiots who blow their welfare check on name brand shit.

The only time I can see spending that kind of money on clothes would be a winter coat. And it better be amazing at keeping water out, be down-filled, and look and feel comfy.

every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    I haven't bought clothes in 20 years or so. I have no clue where my clothes come from to be honest.

Blademaster
    Jacket (last one I bought): $900
    Shoulder bag (last one I bought): $700
    Shirts: $150-200
    Jeans/Chinos: $200-250
    Sweaters: $200-500
    Ties/Belts: $100-200

It is also worth mentioning that I live in Denmark and every single commodity is extremely expensive here; especially clothing.

Brewmaster
    Short answer: Yes.

T-shirts, underwear and socks are things that I'd never spend 100€ on, but everything else? Sure. Although it's very rare that I'd buy a shirt for over 100€.

Pants (Chinos/Jeans), jackets and sweaters that I buy are pretty much always above 100€ original price, though I tend to buy stuff when it's on sale which often lowers the price below 100€. For example, the jacket I usually wear had an original price of 280€ but I got it for 70€. I do have quite a few other sweaters and jackets etc that cost me more than 100€ though.
    None of the shoes I've bought in the last few years have had an original price below 100€.

On jackets sure.