Poll: Do you spend that much on clothes?

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    yeah i do but not all the time. For accessories though, almost all of them are above $100

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Suit jacket? Sure.
    Suit pants? Sure.
    Dress shirt? If it's nice enough, sure.
    Tie? It better be amazing.

Basically nice, business-type of clothes, no issue. Winter jackets are a given, as well.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Suit jacket? Sure.
    Suit pants? Sure.
    Dress shirt? If it's nice enough, sure.
    Tie? It better be amazing.

Basically nice, business-type of clothes, no issue. Winter jackets are a given, as well.
    $100 for a dress shirt? Dude, it better be made from the skin of fauns and cleaned with unicorn blood.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

£100 on a single item of clothing? Never. Unless you count motorbike gear, in which case yes. But that's because you need decent gear there, since it could save your life (or at least prevent broken limbs).

But yeah I feel horrifically decadent whenever I spend £30 on a nerdy T-shirt. Spending £100 on a single item of clothing? Ye gods, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    ? the most why?
    comfortable underwear can make or break daily existence imo. for ex; getting 5$ each microfiber hanes that wont wedgie vs .75¢ each cotton whatevers that'll bunch up...
    but on the other hand my best piece of jewelry i got for 8$ at a gas station! its adjustable & metals make me itch.

I've bought boots for a little over $100 before. Oh and PVC shirt.

But that's the exception, not the rule. I typically wear band t-shirts and military style pants, which range from 20 to 60 dollars respectively.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    799 $ on a Canali suit, on sale, from 1699$

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    $100 for a dress shirt? Dude, it better be made from the skin of fauns and cleaned with unicorn blood.
    A made to order dress shirt can easily cost $100 or more. I've tried a whole bunch of dress shirts, and no one is a good fit.
    When the sleaves are the right lenght, it's to wide across the chest/waist. And if it fits over the chest/waist, the sleaves are to long/short.
    And since fit is on top of my list when it comes to clothes, I kind of have to drop that amount of cash on a dress shirt. Clothes that doesn't fit properly makes you look like a slob IMHO.
    I have yet to try any of the online shops that makes made to order shirts though, could probably get away with less money on those sites.

10+ Year Old Account
    Poll needs more options, for some things those prices are completely reasonable. A pair of jeans? no. A nice leather jacket? Probably. A suit? definitely. Twice that for a nice suit, easy.

Then there are women's clothes which are priced far higher for what you get than men's clothes on the whole. Plus a guy working in an generic office job can rotate a half dozen suits and be fine. A woman in the same office/level would need double that amount of outfits to not get talked about.
    You thought the leaden winter would bring you down forever, But you rode upon a steamer to the violence of the sun...
    And you see a girl's brown body dancing through the turquoise, And her footprints make you follow where the sky loves the sea.
    And when your fingers find her, she drowns you in her body, Carving deep blue ripples in the tissues of your mind.

Deleted
    I spent £80 each on both my jacket and shoes the other day, which is about $130 these days I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosstah View Post
    A made to order dress shirt can easily cost $100 or more. I've tried a whole bunch of dress shirts, and no one is a good fit.
    When the sleaves are the right lenght, it's to wide across the chest/waist. And if it fits over the chest/waist, the sleaves are to long/short.
    And since fit is on top of my list when it comes to clothes, I kind of have to drop that amount of cash on a dress shirt. Clothes that doesn't fit properly makes you look like a slob IMHO.
    I have yet to try any of the online shops that makes made to order shirts though, could probably get away with less money on those sites.
    Yeah, I know how that feels. It seems like all of the shirts with arms and shoulders broad enough for me to fit in comfortably also have a tapered lower half, which doesn't fit me... at all.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

I have never even spent more than $35 for a piece of clothing and those are just jeans. I get t-shirts for $7 and I buy those once every couple of years.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Deleted
    I'll pay that for jeans, jackets/coats and shoes as they are something I will be wearing for years. So getting something nice/flashy in those categories, I consider more of an investment than flippant purchase. My t-shirts are usually around £7/8 and I typically won't spend over £60 on a jumper/sweatshirt/hoodie.

I rarely buy clothes, so when I do buy them, I want them to be something that makes me feel good about myself, something durable and fairly timeless but still stylish. Meeting all those qualities usually costs a fair bob. But, you can't put a price on self-esteem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are hoodies so damned expensive, anyway?

I'm seeing people blasting £50 on a t-shirt and suddenly thinking I don't feel so ripped off when I'm paying £20-25 for a shirt at a concert which is where a large number of my t-shirts come from, I would also suggest to you that I do not "look like a slob" in my £10 jeans from Asda/Tesco/Sainsburys as I'm clean & presentable. While I acknowledge I have spent over $100 on some articles of clothing (in reality it's more than the 2 I'd previously said) I do not see any point in paying £50 for a god damn t-shirt, even if you are a freak of nature who's 7ft tall & weighs 7st - that's just crazy!

The only articles of clothing I flat out refuse to buy from the likes of Asda are suits, even then I don't go crazy, my last suit cost me £80 (I wore it 3 times, it's now too big for me), ultimately I don't have any problem with chucking on a pair of jeans I bought in a supermarket because given my short height I often wind up walking on the back of them. When I worked in HMV I used to buy combat trousers from Pradamark cos I'd be on my knees getting stock all day so didn't mind busting £8 trousers every 6 months, no one honestly walked into that shop looking for me to be suited or wearing expensive gear and if they did they were a maniac! It's all about comfort & essentially the avoidance of being naked - case in point would be my Old Navy jeans v my Levi's, bought within 24 hours of each other the Levi's were thrown out 2 years ago with the crotch out of them, the Old Navy ones are still going even if they look a bit rough round the edges.

Underwear, well I can see the point in going "basic" there, although I can also see why girls would want to spend a bit more on nice underwear - ultimately as a guy though it's all about functionality and we all know socks don't stick together in pairs long anyway!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, I shop at Primark.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    comfortable underwear can make or break daily existence imo. for ex; getting 5$ each microfiber hanes that wont wedgie vs .75¢ each cotton whatevers that'll bunch up...
    but on the other hand my best piece of jewelry i got for 8$ at a gas station! its adjustable & metals make me itch.
    [IMG]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g21/BlueskytheBold/4FDC96FF-0198-4E3D-87CF-9D0FA365D966-261-0000001CA72AD9A5.jpg[IMG]
    The person wasn't talking about $5 underwear lol 20-$50 underwear, which is ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    The person wasn't talking about $5 underwear lol 20-$50 underwear, which is ridiculous.
    Unfortunately, it's a pretty common price for women's stuff apparently, especially bras. I mean, I guess I can kind of understand bras costing that much, especially for the particularly well-endowed women, but panties?

Then again, mens' britches tend to be made out of plain old cotton with a little bit of elastic, while it seems like womens' underpants are made from spun gold and silk and stuff.

Clothes never, like 50 dollars for a pair of jeans I wore for 4 years.

Most expensive thing Ive bought that I wear was shoes, and those were only 70 and lasted 6 years, which i consider a good investment

15+ Year Old Account
    boots normally around 120-150€, sneakers at least 80€, coat about 200-300€ .. benefits of living in a wealthy country /sarcasm
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.