Poll: Do you spend that much on clothes?

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Depends on what it looks like. If something is crazy nice, and I can afford it, I will get it.

Saying that, the UK is actually quite good for cheap good looking clothes (H&M, River Island, Topshop/man, ASOS).

Having said that, I have spent £130 on a pair of moleskin trousers XD

Never have. Closest I have gotten would be £70~ for a full suit.

10+ Year Old Account
    My coat is worth just over £100, and I'd probably spend over £100 on cosplay/crossplay clothing.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Not unless jackets count. I'd much rather have 3-4 articles of clothing than 1 really expensive bit. Or just 1 cheap bit of clothing and nothing expensive because I'm a student.

Deleted
    I spent £175 on my old coat, it lasted me nearly ten years though, I only replaced it before Christmas. I spent £200 on the one I replaced it with, it was down from £350. Other than those two items nothing ever else has come close to £100 for a single item.

Deleted
    no, most expsensive i ever spent was about £60 on a jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    If a piece of clothing costs more than $25, it's not worth getting.
    thats like saying if a meal costs more than 25$ its not worth getting.

Deleted
    aside from jackets and shoes, my limit is usually no more than £20 a tshirt,about £40 for a jumper, and leggings about £30. unless its something i really like i dont usually spend more than that.

All of my formal shirts cost more than that, most of my ties as well. Suits of course do.

That pretty much sums up my wardrobe. I don't really wear jeans that often but if I do they are around the 80 pound mark for the ones I have. Belts and shoes are well over 100 pounds as well.

Wow. No of course not. The closest thing to that price are my suits. But they are a full suit. I'm a husky guy and jackets and sneakers are at most $80.

Quote Originally Posted by Defengar View Post
    thats like saying if a meal costs more than 25$ its not worth getting.
    Exactly. 25$ for one person? No thanks, not when I can get a full on meal for less than 10$ on McDonalds or just buying noodles or something. No need to go crazy on the restaurant.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not on summer clothes, but coats usually cost much more then 100 bucks. The coat I currently have was $100 but it's ugly as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I wouldn't as I don't really have need to. But I can see how someone else would. Specific formal wear etc.

Not counting outerwear, I probably only have about three or four things over that price. A cycling/running jersey, some slacks, and that's about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Suit pants/jacket, jackets, shoes, watches, yes, but shirts and pants/shorts? Lol. No.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

I cant imagine spending 100 bucks or more on a piece of clothing, like jeans. Its fun to watch GMA or some morning shows, and they claim a pair of 85$ high heels are a "great price!". Yeah a great price for rich celebs or idiots who blow their welfare check on name brand shit.

The only time I can see spending that kind of money on clothes would be a winter coat. And it better be amazing at keeping water out, be down-filled, and look and feel comfy.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    I haven't bought clothes in 20 years or so. I have no clue where my clothes come from to be honest.

Deleted
    Jacket (last one I bought): $900
    Shoulder bag (last one I bought): $700
    Shirts: $150-200
    Jeans/Chinos: $200-250
    Sweaters: $200-500
    Ties/Belts: $100-200

It is also worth mentioning that I live in Denmark and every single commodity is extremely expensive here; especially clothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Short answer: Yes.

T-shirts, underwear and socks are things that I'd never spend 100€ on, but everything else? Sure. Although it's very rare that I'd buy a shirt for over 100€.

Pants (Chinos/Jeans), jackets and sweaters that I buy are pretty much always above 100€ original price, though I tend to buy stuff when it's on sale which often lowers the price below 100€. For example, the jacket I usually wear had an original price of 280€ but I got it for 70€. I do have quite a few other sweaters and jackets etc that cost me more than 100€ though.
    None of the shoes I've bought in the last few years have had an original price below 100€.

10+ Year Old Account
    On jackets sure.