Poll: Do you spend that much on clothes?

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The last coat I bought was the equivalent of 200+ euros. It has lasted me over a decade, so I consider it money well spent.
    My last pair of shoes... Well; probably the same.

Generally, I don't spend much money on clothes. Of course I want to look pretty and such, but doing so is expensive, and requires a very large wardrobe (making it more expensive) and the clothes generally don't last (making it that much more expensive again).

I've got some pretties, but most of my clothes are simple and plain. And not very expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    I have a pair of Red Wing Irish Setters that have lasted a long time, but mine are just for show lol I don't do manual labor ^^;
    I guess I should add that I wear my boots everywhere, even when I'm not at work. Once I started wearing boots, wearing shoes seemed so weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocko9 View Post
    I guess I should add that I wear my boots everywhere, even when I'm not at work. Once I started wearing boots, wearing shoes seemed so weird.
    I like to get tarted up, and my boots don't exactly go those types of clothes lol I wish they did though, they give me an extra inch and a half of height, and I'm already 6'5" lol

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    I find that a good jacket is impossible to find under €100. But other than that I would never spend that kind of money on a "regular" piece of clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Just spent $180 on sneakers yesterday.
    Average price of jeans I wear is $200.
    T-shirts around $30-40.
    My belt was $145.00.
    I have a 4 Avirex leather jackets ranging from $800-1200.
    Few North Faces etc.

Some were gifts some I bought. Usually nice things cost money >.>
    You must not be from the US? Even if you converted your currency to USD what the hell kind of shoes do you buy for $180? Jeans for $200? What the fuck store are you shopping in? $145 for a belt?! You must be buying some vintage Avirex jackets for $800-$1200...

Damn, I thought I spent too much money on cloths.

I like to get tarted up, and my boots don't exactly go those types of clothes lol I wish they did though, they give me an extra inch and a half of height, and I'm already 6'5" lol
    Wow, you're a giant. Maybe you could start a new trend, call it the Not-so-Regular Guy Look.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocko9 View Post
    Wow, you're a giant. Maybe you could start a new trend, call it the Not-so-Regular Guy Look.
    You could just call it "Big and Tall".

Yeah, and when we get him in a clothes catalog, we'll give him a fucking huge chainsaw (atleast 25" bar) and a 22 ounce mug of beer. And a tie.

Deleted
    Spent 300$ on a sweet jacket. Jeans/shoes/shirts are usually in the 20-80$ range, but I do own a few shirts that were about 120$ each

(Sometimes it can be hard to find shoes though, I usually buy them on sale if I'm lucky to find some in my size. I use size 49 EU, 14 UK, 15 US shoes)
    Last edited by mmoc1ea225bcc9; 2013-01-28 at 03:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What're you talkin about? A nice pair of leather workboots goes with anything short of suits and formal wear.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    No, are you fucking crazy?

Don't really want to hang around the kind of people that think this kind of ridiculous expenditure is necessary in order to be socially acceptable, either.

Unless you're talking about a suit or whatever. Casual wear, no. Formal wear, it is unavoidable.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    What're you talkin about? A nice pair of leather workboots goes with anything short of suits and formal wear.
    True, but workboots often have an exterior worn beyond what simple polish can fix.
    By the way: Army boots are even better with formal wear.

Spent $65 for a pair of safety shoes that I had to have for a renovation project I was involved with (I wear them everyday now), normally I would pay about $20-30 for a pair of shoes (sister works at a shoe store). The jeans I wear I got on sale for $24, I won't pay more than $15 for a t-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    True, but workboots often have an exterior worn beyond what simple polish can fix.
    By the way: Army boots are even better with formal wear.
    There are products for work boots to maintain a "nice" look on them, but you have to kinda do it from the day you buy them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    You could just call it "Big and Tall".
    I hate shopping in the "Big and Tall". I feel like I'm being isolated because I'm taller than your average human lol

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 10:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Not my boots with my fancy clothes! Mostly because my boots are brown leather and most of my nice clothes fall in the black to gray range.

Well, 20 years ago the jeans and shoes I'd buy were $50, so I'd expect they'd be close to that with inflation now.

It is hard to buy a quality jacket for 0 and below unless you go to a thrift store for less than that.

I rarely spend money on clothes, and if it is something I think will last a long time, I'd be hesitant, but willing (such as quality winter jacket).

My clothes usually last me 5-10 years easily though, including shoes, so, effectively, it is pennies a day, even if I did spend that much.

When you get into nice women's clothes, ones with actual style, not a box store piece, it easily gets over $100. My wife was looking at stuff the last few days, hard to find anything under that. Get into victorian dresses and such, gets very costly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    I find that the more expensive the jean, the better cuts I find. Jeans from WalMart don't fit my body type, yet if I go to a store like True Religion, I can find pants that fit much better.
    I find the more expensive shops seem to cater more for the straight-up-n-down type women so their jeans don't fit me very well. I find the best jeans for my shape in just normal high-street shops. So usually looking at spending 20-40 quid on a pair of jeans.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Of course not, that's just crazy. Never more than 15 bucks for a single piece of clothes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    I find the more expensive shops seem to cater more for the straight-up-n-down type women so their jeans don't fit me very well. I find the best jeans for my shape in just normal high-street shops. So usually looking at spending 20-40 quid on a pair of jeans.
    You and your imaginary money names!

But things like this is why I rarely wear jeans. I much prefer a tailored suit over shopping off racks lol

Coats and boots ofc. else it's usually low-quality, T-shirt never, sometimes on knits and jeans..