Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ...
14
22
23
24
25
26
34
... LastLast
  1. #461
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    But at the same time you guys claim it was ok to use sub optimal specs in D2.


    Which is it. Can you or can't you?
    I already listed the viable specs in D2 compared to the viable specs in D3, I'm not going to say it twice.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  2. #462
    Elemental Lord Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    8,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I already listed the viable specs in D2 compared to the viable specs in D3, I'm not going to say it twice.

    You are wrong.


    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004037930

  3. #463
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    As a hardcore-only player, I'm not interested in builds that revolve around death zerging my way through mobs.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  4. #464
    Elemental Lord Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    8,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    As a hardcore-only player, I'm not interested in builds that revolve around death zerging my way through mobs.
    Pretty sure none of those involved dying, and considering it a sticky thread on the official forums. I'll take it's word on what builds work over you.

  5. #465
    Pretty much time to end this thread. It's way off the 1.07 topic for pages now and it's quickly devolved into d2 vs d3 bickering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post
    He doesn't need a source to know that he pretty much hit the nail on the head.
    “What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.” - Christopher Hitchens

  6. #466
    Scarab Lord namelessone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    4,256
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    You're entitled to think that.

    But you're wrong.
    says hardcore D2 fan who is not unbiased at all. Funny.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

  7. #467
    Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    says hardcore D2 fan who is not unbiased at all. Funny.
    talk about a fucking echo chamber. You refuse to acknowledge his points and then just claim his biased. Worthy of fox news.

  8. #468
    Scarab Lord namelessone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    4,256
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    talk about a fucking echo chamber. You refuse to acknowledge his points and then just claim his biased. Worthy of fox news.
    A did address his points, learn to read before you reply please. He keeps insisting that they are facts, even though they include things like "lore took a nose dive". You are talking about a STORY for f's sake, how can you claim that the "story got worse" is a FACT? This kind of thing can only ever be an opinion, the only fact is they changed some lore. Whether it's good or bad is NOTHING BUT AN OPINION.

    Also he mentioned that a lot of people agree with him, so it must be true. Seriously, he quoted discussion length at official forums as a proof that his opinion is a fact. How can I have any kind of serious argument against such laughable BS?
    Last edited by namelessone; 2013-01-20 at 03:34 AM.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

  9. #469
    Elemental Lord Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    8,652
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    talk about a fucking echo chamber. You refuse to acknowledge his points and then just claim his biased. Worthy of fox news.

    Are you looking in the mirror as you say this?

  10. #470
    Scarab Lord namelessone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    4,256
    One thing I really fail to understand is WHY ON EARTH people who love D2 so much wouldn't just keep playing D2? Why waste so much energy trying to ruin what other people enjoy, when you already HAVE a game that you love? It's not like WoW, where new patch or expansion actually changes things forever for everyone. I mean, the old game is still there and still playable. Hell, even I play it time to time.

    Instead they go out of their way being angry and miserable, trying to convince people who are having fun to stop having fun. What the hell is wrong with you?
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

  11. #471
    The Lightbringer NatePsychotic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    3,634
    So I read pet's damage doesn't reflect back to the player, but how does this solve the real issue behind reflect? My own abilities can one-shot me and there's no window of opportunity because it appears the reflect is always up on the monsters, am I missing something here? Is there a way to avoid killing yourself or do I just leave the pack alone?

  12. #472
    Monsters with this affix will now pulse a damage reflection shield on and off. While the shield is down, the monster does not reflect damage. When the reflect shield is on, the monster will Reflect Damage the way it does now on live. The shield has a strong visual associated with it so you’ll know it is reflecting. (We’ve also made it so that pet damage is no longer reflected back to the player.)

  13. #473
    Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    A did address his points, learn to read before you reply please. He keeps insisting that they are facts, even though they include things like "lore took a nose dive". You are talking about a STORY for f's sake, how can you claim that the "story got worse" is a FACT? This kind of thing can only ever be an opinion, the only fact is they changed some lore. Whether it's good or bad is NOTHING BUT AN OPINION.

    Also he mentioned that a lot of people agree with him, so it must be true. Seriously, he quoted discussion length at official forums as a proof that his opinion is a fact. How can I have any kind of serious argument against such laughable BS?
    Actually you CAN make that case with storytelling and art in general. Are you going to also tell me that Shakespear is on par with cheap harlequin romance novels? A 6 year olds finger painting to a monet? The disparity between story telling in diablo 2 and diablo 3 is equally as immense. Christ it's shit. I cannot express that enough and while it may be OPINION it is informed opinion and correct opinion.

  14. #474
    Elemental Lord Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    8,652
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Actually you CAN make that case with storytelling and art in general. Are you going to also tell me that Shakespear is on par with cheap harlequin romance novels? A 6 year olds finger painting to a monet? The disparity between story telling in diablo 2 and diablo 3 is equally as immense. Christ it's shit. I cannot express that enough and while it may be OPINION it is informed opinion and correct opinion.

    Prove it. Until you can you have nothing.

  15. #475
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Prove it. Until you can you have nothing.
    He kinda did...didn't you read his posts before.

    The fact all you said was "Prove it. Until you can you have nothing." Clearly shows you have no comeback at all.

    Or nothing to defend your Opinion Vs His Opinion.

    And I agree with TonyIommi the story was shit.

    The graphic style is ok but it has no diablo feel to it.
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    Recent Video Upload: The Last of Us Remastered Multiplayer - Supply Raid "Jtbrig7390" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOrpuvXVXO0

    My Twitch Streaming Ps4 Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

  16. #476
    Elemental Lord Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    8,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    He kinda did...didn't you read his posts before.

    The fact all you said was "Prove it. Until you can you have nothing." Clearly shows you have no comeback at all.

    Or nothing to defend your Opinion Vs His Opinion.

    He did not prove D3 story was worse.

  17. #477
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    He did not prove D3 story was worse.
    His past post's have proved it. But lets flip the scrip you prove the story is not shit and not a real basic overdone story type. also prove it did not ignore the lore form D1/D2+LOD. By the way telling the past story in the install screen dose not count that's just a recap.

    Until then you do not need to reply anymore cause its pointless.
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    Recent Video Upload: The Last of Us Remastered Multiplayer - Supply Raid "Jtbrig7390" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOrpuvXVXO0

    My Twitch Streaming Ps4 Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

  18. #478
    Elemental Lord Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    8,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    His past post's have proved it. But lets flip the scrip you prove the story is not shit and not a real basic overdone story type. also prove it did not ignore the lore form D1/D2+LOD. By the way telling the past story in the install screen dose not count that's just a recap.
    Please quote me the post where he proves the story is worse.

    What lore did it ignore?


    I'll prove it buy your logic.

    I like the story so it's good.


    Until then you do not need to reply anymore cause its pointless.
    Same can be said to you.

  19. #479
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Please quote me the post where he proves the story is worse.

    What lore did it ignore?


    I'll prove it buy your logic.

    I like the story so it's good.




    Same can be said to you.
    The story was shit cause its the same type of story that has been done over and over. Bad guy returns takes magic items becomes legion.....Fuck the story was the same as the first ghost rider movie to prove my point.

    "You in D3 = Ghost Rider"
    "Magic Scroll = Black Soul Stone"
    "Ghost riders GF = Leah only difference is Leah die's"
    "Black Heart = Diablo"
    "Black Hearts group = Diablo's Brothers"
    "Black Heart Gets Item Become Legion = Diablo controlling Leah gets item becomes Legion" Both even say " I AM LEGION"......
    "The Old Man = Tyrael"

    Only difference is one is a game and other is a movie and in Ghost Rider the chick lives.

    Its the same basic story type and it was shitty as hell. Come on if I can compare it to Ghost Rider "decent movie" It proves my point.

    also it was The Fiend who said the quote i was looking for not tony once I find it ill update. but my point is proven without it.

    Edit Update: Quote from The Fiend
    Destroys the lore
    An Angel throwing off his wings becomes human, nuff said, especially considering the wings are the REAL PART OF THE ANGEL WHILE THE ARMOR IS A PUPPET. Also Diablo being the smartest all of a sudden and the other Lords of destruction basically being made into stupid lackeys.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-01-20 at 04:55 AM.
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    Recent Video Upload: The Last of Us Remastered Multiplayer - Supply Raid "Jtbrig7390" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOrpuvXVXO0

    My Twitch Streaming Ps4 Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

  20. #480
    Elemental Lord Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    8,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The story was shit cause its the same type of story that has been done over and over. Bad guy returns takes magic items becomes legion.....Fuck the story was the same as the first ghost rider movie to prove my point.

    "You in D3 = Ghost Rider"
    "Magic Scroll = Black Soul Stone"
    "Ghost riders GF = Leah only difference is Leah die's"
    "Black Heart = Diablo"
    "Black Hearts group = Diablo's Brothers"
    "Black Heart Gets Item Become Legion = Diablo controlling Leah gets item becomes Legion" Both even say " I AM LEGION"......
    "The Old Man = Tyrael"

    Only difference is one is a game and other is a movie and in Ghost Rider the chick lives.

    Its the same basic story type and it was shitty as hell. Come on if I can compare it to Ghost Rider "decent movie" It proves my point.

    also it was The Fiend who said the quote i was looking for not tony once I find it ill update. but my point is proven without it.
    You know most movies/story are redone right? it's a real common thing in fact. If that is your complaint on what makes it bad it's not a very good one.


    Edit Update: Quote from The Fiend

    This was covered by another person

    Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    He doesn't become "human", he simply becomes mortal. That looks human. He obviously still has superhuman powers.
    Also, maybe you should stop implying that everyone who disagrees with your OPINION has "clearly never played D2", it sorta proves my entire point.
    He never countered how this was bad or how it went against lore.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •