Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    She has powers and shoots red beams out of her hand.
    My Wizard can in fact shoot 2 red beams out of his hands, your point?

The birthright of all humans is to hold power equal to that of angels and demons. In fact, it is a human that used the power of the world stone and stopped the destruction of Sanctuary by an all out war between angels and demons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post
    My Wizard can in fact shoot 2 red beams out of his hands, your point?

The birthright of all humans is to hold power equal to that of angels and demons. In fact, it is a human that used the power of the world stone and stopped the destruction of Sanctuary by an all out war between angels and demons.
    Your wizard is a wizard. Leia is not a wizard, their isn't even the slightest hint of that. You wizard doesn't also "black out" when she uses her powers. The OBVIOUS and FORCED hint is that leia is diablo. It's about as subtle as the Jersey Shore. Leia is more obvious than fake tits on a JWoW.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Not really. How are you supposed to know? All you get is that hes a wanderer. You don't even really get that. See the difference between d2,d1 and d3 is that much more is left to your imagination. Theirs a subtlety that's lost when leia says "I have this power". It's so much more obvious, blunt and in the face then the opening d2 cut scene. It's so much more FORCED.
    Whatever, were you like 10 when the game was released?

Anyone with half a brain knew Diablo was the Dark Wanderer. Everyone knew that was going to happen after the Soulstone was stuck in the head, at the end of D1. I mean what mortal could control a Prime Evil?

I mean Hell, Tyreal with Marius was more of a surprise then the Dark Wanderer.

There wasn't anything subtle nor was there a need for it. You are a Hero, you kill monsters, and that is all you need to know. The first 2 games was left with that. Diablo 3 attempts to make a more cohesive story with more of a reason your Character is there. In actuality, if they left it with the same style, the game was have been GREAT! I think it's mediocre.

The whole of Act 3 with Azmodan is hilarious, I like when the Barb says, I have defeated you on the Wall, in the Cellar, and now destroyed your Siege weapons, next is you. Then he is like HEUEUEUEUE we will see! It's not great story telling, but it doesn't really need to be.

Your wizard is a wizard. Leia is not a wizard, their isn't even the slightest hint of that.
    She isn't a Wizard, she is a Nephalem, just like every other human. Also, who is not to say that her mother used Leia and awakened her powers. Just like Lilith awakened uldyssian powers.

Being a Wiazrd and having special powers is what is the birthright of every human, it was simply locked away and forgotten due to the World Stone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    Whatever, were you like 10 when the game was released?

Anyone with half a brain knew Diablo was the Dark Wanderer. Everyone knew that was going to happen after the Soulstone was stuck in the head, at the end of D1. I mean what mortal could control a Prime Evil?

I mean Hell, Tyreal with Marius was more of a surprise then the Dark Wanderer.

There wasn't anything subtle nor was there a need for it. You are a Hero, you kill monsters, and that is all you need to know. The first 2 games was left with that. Diablo 3 attempts to make a more cohesive story with more of a reason your Character is there. In actuality, if they left it with the same style, the game was have been GREAT! I think it's mediocre.

The whole of Act 3 with Azmodan is hilarious, I like when the Barb says, I have defeated you on the Wall, in the Cellar, and now destroyed your Siege weapons, next is you. Then he is like HEUEUEUEUE we will see! It's not great story telling, but it doesn't really need to be.
    Tyrael at the start of d3 wasn't even a surprise. I knew who he was as soon as I saw him. Again theirs a difference between the game assuming I'm a moron and telling me everything bluntly versus leaving some of it to my imagination or inpterpreation. D3 leaves little room for doubt, it spoon feeds you everything. It's even worse than most hollywood schlock thrown out for pop corn feeding sugar water drinking masses.

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 06:43 PM ----------

She isn't a Wizard, she is a Nephalem, just like every other human. Also, who is not to say that her mother used Leia and awakened her powers. Just like Lilith awakened uldyssian powers.

Being a Wiazrd and having special powers is what is the birthright of every human, it was simply locked away and forgotten due to the World Stone.
    Yea I never read the extended books. I hadn't realized it was requirement to enjoy the sub par writing of the 3rd game. From what I gather the extended universe novels are on par with the writing in the 3rd game, which isn't saying much. Fiction fit for pulping.

Clearly leia is MORE THAN JUST A WIZARD and the story bluntly tells you as much because your Wizard for example DOESN'T PASS OUT WHEN SHE USES HER POWERS. I cannot stress how FORCED her character and back story is. They are literally just a step away from having a big sign floating around her saying HEY I'M DIABLO. The Jersey Shore has more depth and subtlety.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2013-01-21 at 06:45 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    Tongue in cheek. It is supposed to be over the top.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenko View Post
    Honestly, it was hard to read that. So little content for so many words. Even the blurbs on the side were basically expanded titles for its section.

They arent prepared to really tweak D3 until an expansion, if ever. Their goal is an illusion of content, and it's working.

Patch 1.08 will feature more chat channels, but not before Blizz writes up a 300 word essay on their 'design philosophy' of internet chat rooms and why 3 is a bigger number than 1.
    It seems like you are expecting on going content patches to a buy to play game. You bought the game once, and you dont have to pay any subscription fee. What other games out there that you know of continues to patch their game for free other than games that have virtual stores for real currency?

Get real man.

Just go back to WoW, and enjoy your sub fee MMO, diablo 3 is in a great place right now, and its as fun as ever.

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 06:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    All complete crap. Sorry, but gear drops will still be a problem. the new crafting "patterns" will be worthless, because it's still random affixes. I don't care if a pair of gloves can roll 500 dex, it doesn't do a damn thing when all the other rolls are useless.

And oh, hey look, the tier of gem costs more money than I make in MONTHS. That's exactly what we want, more gold cost on crafting. What, is these totally awesome "account-bound recipes" going to also cost 20 million gold each? because if so, then my suspicions were correct. The gear issues in the game are unsalvageable.
    I think you are too used to WoW type items. Diablo has never been about pre-set stats on the best items. The variance between a great roll and a crap roll on an item is large (as it should be) which makes really good rolled rare items the very best items in the game. Thats how random item generation works.

If you want structure and anticipation of items, then please, WoW is a great outlet for you.

Yea I never read the extended books. I hadn't realized it was requirement to enjoy the sub par writing of the 3rd game. From what I gather the extended universe novels are on par with the writing in the 3rd game, which isn't saying much. Fiction fit for pulping.
    So now you judge a book by not even seeing it's cover? At this point you are just a hater. Leia having special powers doesn't mean she is more than a Wizard, in fact all it means is she has powers she can't control. And no, you don't need to use the books to understand the D3 story, you just need imagination to figure out that there can be more than one possibility.

So now you judge a book by not even seeing it's cover? At this point you are just a hater. Leia having special powers doesn't mean she is more than a Wizard, in fact all it means is she has powers she can't control. And no, you don't need to use the books to understand the D3 story, you just need imagination to figure out that there can be more than one possibility.
    To be fair I thought it was fairly obvious where the story was heading as soon as Leia started talking about not knowing who her father was in Act 1...just sayin'

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    It seems like you are expecting on going content patches to a buy to play game. You bought the game once, and you dont have to pay any subscription fee. What other games out there that you know of continues to patch their game for free other than games that have virtual stores for real currency?

Get real man.

Just go back to WoW, and enjoy your sub fee MMO, diablo 3 is in a great place right now, and its as fun as ever.

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 06:51 PM ----------

I think you are too used to WoW type items. Diablo has never been about pre-set stats on the best items. The variance between a great roll and a crap roll on an item is large (as it should be) which makes really good rolled rare items the very best items in the game. Thats how random item generation works.

If you want structure and anticipation of items, then please, WoW is a great outlet for you.

Am I about to agree with a jaylock post.

I never thought I would see the day

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    To be fair I thought it was fairly obvious where the story was heading as soon as Leia started talking about not knowing who her father was in Act 1...just sayin'

Then it's just plain misandry, missing father figure automatically associated with the embodiment of evil

10+ Year Old Account

This can be said of all the games.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    This can be said of all the games.
    I'm not going to claim one way or the other on that as it was a decade ago I first played D2 hence can't remember any first impressions. I will say this though, I do remember the D2 story being interesting to the point where I wanted to know more, D3 was so in your face that I really couldn't have cared less, could be to some part from age induced cynicism but can't see that being the only reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not going to claim one way or the other on that as it was a decade ago I first played D2 hence can't remember any first impressions. I will say this though, I do remember the D2 story being interesting to the point where I wanted to know more, D3 was so in your face that I really couldn't have cared less, could be to some part from age induced cynicism but can't see that being the only reason.
    I cared nothing about the d2 story. D3 on the other hand had me looking up lore so I could learn more.

Goes to show you not everyone feels the same.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Goes to show you not everyone feels the same.
    Never claimed otherwise...

Quote Originally Posted by Diocassius View Post
    Tongue in cheek. It is supposed to be over the top.
    For me it comes off as stupid. Same as Imperius in Act 4 who talks big and then drops on floor no fight no nothing. Or Tyrael who comes off as not a very clever guy and ends up being wisdom at the end of the game ... I guess it's an honorary position or something.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    For me it comes off as stupid. Same as Imperius in Act 4 who talks big and then drops on floor no fight no nothing. Or Tyrael who comes off as not a very clever guy and ends up being wisdom at the end of the game ... I guess it's an honorary position or something.
    The end is shit. having Tyrael experience inner turmoil and solve it in the time it takes you to kill Raka and blow up two portals is lame, having him then give that monologue in his condescending voice is shittier. "Yo, I went on a exchange program with the mortals for the summer and now that I'm back I'm too cool for the role of Justice just call me Wisdom." Why do they have the only black character in the game pull a Snoop Lion?

Imperius may serve as a villain in a possible expansion.
    Last edited by mmoc94e579c637; 2013-01-21 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diocassius View Post
    The end is shit. having Tyrael experience inner turmoil and solve it in the time it takes you to kill Raka and blow up two portals is lame, having him then give that monologue in his condescending voice is shittier. "Yo, I went on a exchange program with the mortals for the summer and now that I'm back I'm too cool for the role of Justice just call me Wisdom." Why do they have the only black character in the game pull a Snoop Lion?

Imperius may serve as a villain in a possible expansion.
    Tyrael wasn't experiencing inner turmoil as you call it. Rakanoth had imprisoned the Angel of Hope leaving all of the heavens hopeless. Tyrael himself is a victim of this because he was still an angel, albeit a fallen one. Once the Angel of Hope was freed, Tyrael and the rest of the heavens had hope restored. Call it what you want but inner turmoil isn't accurate. He was hopeless and that condition was lifted as soon as the Angel of Hope was freed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post
    He doesn't need a source to know that he pretty much hit the nail on the head.
    “What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.” - Christopher Hitchens

10+ Year Old Account
    Except D3 removes ALL NEED FOR IMAGINATION BECAUSE EVERYTHING IS TOLD TO YOU. They don't leave anything to the imagination. As for reading the books, I assume their written by Knaak? I've read other Blizzard fiction and I think I can make a judgement call about the quality of diablo based on what ever else I've read and the story lines in the video games themselves.

Wizards control their powers, in fact that's what you as a wizard learn to do as you progress. Leia has a power THAT SHE CAN'T CONTROL AND CAUSES HER TO BLACK OUT. If that doesn't SCREAM I AM DIABLO then nothing short of a giant sign hanging above her head will. I'm starting to get the feeling that the writing in this game is actually really suitable for the majority of diablo players. It's really well written for the masses of idiots who can't think for themselves and HAVE TO HAVE EVERYTHING EXPLAINED TO THEM lest they have to think for themselves and figure shit out. That must be why I'm getting so much resistance to the idea that the story is bad. The game is well written for special needs kids who have flocked to it in droves.
    The hammer comes down:

Deleted
    We get your points.
    Can I assume you are the same guy that repeated his points ad nauseam before he got banned.

We get it "everything is spelled out" and "Leah is an obvious Diablo" anything else?