Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
... LastLast
  1. #41
    mp1 is still my limit to. It's frustrating and even then on some packs I still struggle.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Well, I did MP2 once. It took twice as long for very little, unnoticeable difference in the amount of drops. Time-wise, it's not worth it.
    I didn't say that you doing it would be efficient with your gear level (that I have no idea about), I just identified the problem, by not using any MP you don't take advantage of the extra item mechanic nor do you get the fairly generous MF/GF boost something that will affect your gold picked up if nothing else.

    I'm quite puzzled how you can't manage anything above MP0, gear last I played cost nothing, I geared my barb with bits I had laying around and a couple of million on AH and could do MP3 with little issues.
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

  3. #43
    The only patch notes Diablo 3 needs:

    Attack speed has been added at bracers and head as a roll so Lacuni Prowlers and Mempo of Twilight arent the only items that are worth anything.

    Same with Belts so Witching Hour isnt the only belt thats worth anything, oh yeah, Immortal belt exists also because of the leech, lets not forget that.

    Skorn has been nerfed or every other 2hand rare and unique has been given 150-200% critical multiplier with a socket so they will have a reason for existing.

    Natalya's 2 set bonus has been nerfed and now they need to find a way to make the whole set an actual demon hunter set rather than "wear 2 pieces for maxium critical!"

    Weapon DPS isnt the only thing that matters anymore on every item because this isnt WoW, oh wait!

    Need to say more?

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    (We’ve also made it so that pet damage is no longer reflected back to the player.)

    My necro summoner (wd) and trapper asn (dh) find this to be the best part.

    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8414...view-1_11_2013

    Hats off to blizzard for listening to the community.

    We're removing the incrementing resurrection timer on consecutives deaths. (apathy can hit 100 now )
    We're also increasing the base pickup radius by a small amount.

    Ill be lvling up faster now that i get a bonus for playing high mp lvl's.

    Great looking patch, i dont see anyone here beating my trapper dh so the pvp aspect is unappealing
    sorry but no 1.7 is shit.

    Why has D3 been out almost a year with no pvp. this whole dueling setup is just a slap in the face to those who really want to pvp and even its getting done crappy.

    Gear drops will still be bad to tell the truth barely anything has changed since D3's release and here in the US there still charging 60$ for it therefor trying to get new people to play it is not happening ether.

    Anyone else remember that blizzard said the PVP will be in patch 1.1 and patch 1.1 will be after patch 1.04 or 1.05 and now we are at 1.07.

    There current team death match setup got scrapped and its been almost a year since the release of D3 so are we going to wait another 10months at maybe a chance of PVP happening.
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    Recent Video Upload: The Last of Us Remastered Multiplayer - Supply Raid "Jtbrig7390" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOrpuvXVXO0

    My Twitch Streaming Ps4 Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

  5. #45
    More features means more playing options.

    Simple: Patch 1.07 adds things where patches 1.04 and patch 1.05 started it.

    The bind on account crafting stuff is a good thing.

    diablo 3 can now be grinded to own proper gear you can't acquire on the AH.

    So nice extras to hunt those bosses in all Acts. And the fact you can use these crated items for Alts.

    added stuff to go for: always nice for a non subscription based game.

    I hope they make these items extreme hard to get (like 60 hours of mats gathering to craft ONE item, I would love that epic feeling).

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    More features means more playing options.

    Simple: Patch 1.07 adds things where patches 1.04 and patch 1.05 started it.

    The bind on account crafting stuff is a good thing.

    diablo 3 can now be grinded to own proper gear you can't acquire on the AH.

    So nice extras to hunt those bosses in all Acts. And the fact you can use these crated items for Alts.

    added stuff to go for: always nice for a non subscription based game.

    I hope they make these items extreme hard to get (like 60 hours of mats gathering to craft ONE item, I would love that epic feeling).
    yeah that epic feeling when the item rolls some shitty stats and you realize you wasted 60 hours of your life you`ll never get back, hellfire ring rolls prove that

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Sythan View Post
    yeah that epic feeling when the item rolls some shitty stats and you realize you wasted 60 hours of your life you`ll never get back, hellfire ring rolls prove that
    This time 6(!) BoA gear items are added with guaranteed stats. And since you can use it on your account... I am pretty sure Alts can profit from changing stats.

    Patch 1.07 promises to be even better than 1.04 and 1.05 combined.

    And that's ONLY the crafting I am talking about...Also by making them crafted only and BoA only, Blizzard smartly introduced meaningful crafting AND a bypass on the AH mechanic for 6 item slots already.

    Great strategy.

    So you complain without even playing it on the PTR: nice mentality as usual.

    Fact is: Diablo3 is adding tons of new item hunting in its grinding game play. That's all there is to know. New gear chases to feel ùber strong ... Or the essence of this nice little game you play when you are in the mood.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-01-13 at 11:28 PM.

  8. #48
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    12,582
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    How much dps on your wep?
    900-ish? I have around 83k total pre-buff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    I didn't say that you doing it would be efficient with your gear level (that I have no idea about), I just identified the problem, by not using any MP you don't take advantage of the extra item mechanic nor do you get the fairly generous MF/GF boost something that will affect your gold picked up if nothing else.

    I'm quite puzzled how you can't manage anything above MP0, gear last I played cost nothing, I geared my barb with bits I had laying around and a couple of million on AH and could do MP3 with little issues.
    Made this thread a few months ago, everything pretty much still applies

    (I would love to do a Tempest Rush spec, but it costs waaaay too much money)
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    The only patch notes Diablo 3 needs:

    Attack speed has been added at bracers and head as a roll so Lacuni Prowlers and Mempo of Twilight arent the only items that are worth anything.
    Same with Belts so Witching Hour isnt the only belt thats worth anything, oh yeah, Immortal belt exists also because of the leech, lets not forget that.
    Skorn has been nerfed or every other 2hand rare and unique has been given 150-200% critical multiplier with a socket so they will have a reason for existing.
    Natalya's 2 set bonus has been nerfed and now they need to find a way to make the whole set an actual demon hunter set rather than "wear 2 pieces for maxium critical!"
    Weapon DPS isnt the only thing that matters anymore on every item because this isnt WoW, oh wait!

    Need to say more?
    This actually reminds me of something. Each class kind of gets a stat all to themselves that they can stack, because of their gear allocation. Barbarians get more life steal, because of their belt. Demon Hunters, Wizards, and Witch Doctors all get crit chance, because of their off-hand. what do Monks get? Fuck all, really.

    I don't think Skorn needs to be nerfed, I think two-handers need more buffs. They still underperform, and it's basically an absolute perfect roll or nothing when it comes to drops.

    When it comes to gear, there's one, absolute thing they need to do. Streamline legendary stats. Inna's pants is a good example of what a legendary SHOULD be. The variation on them make most of them absolutely useless. I'm not expecting every single one I pick up to be holy-crap-gfg-wet-my-pants-awesome, but I shouldn't have to dig through days of getting them to drop before I find one that is even REMOTELY useful.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  9. #49
    Should be able to find a few items to improve for a couple of million per item (seems gear inflated some since I played last), armor is a good stat to pick up here and there, raising your resists would help as well, you would need to find vitality on another item and you could get some cheap Vile Ward shoulders for example.
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    And that's ONLY the crafting I am talking about...Also by making them crafted only and BoA only, Blizzard smartly introduced meaningful crafting AND a bypass on the AH mechanic for 6 item slots already.

    Great strategy.
    They added a few meaningful items to crafting...not sure I'd call that meaningful crafting.

    A meaningful crafting system would be one that is tied up in item progression through and through, from beginning to end, and serves as a true alternative to the AH and farming for all your gearing needs, and would probably work around both making items and trying to improve what you do get (through increasingly expensive options as you work with higher ilvl and rarity gear) with RNG still a very healthy part of the process.

    They're a needed alternative to farming and hoping for the best or deal hunting for the exact stats you need, but beyond those items at 60 and the Hellfire Ring, crafting will be as meaningless in 1.07 as it is now.

  11. #51
    All I can say is that most of the patches that have come out for Diablo dosen't really do alot. They still dont touch core issues such as grinding for loot that are 99% off times are completely useless.

    This patch has changes that, again should have been with launch, but do there lacking QA when game was launched it shipped with way to many obvious things there we're wrong, and still havent been fixed.


    Diablo2 continues to be the best ARPG out there for a reason.
    One reason for WoW decline I often hear is that its an old game and naturally people get bored with it. But TV is much older and people still watch that. Surely if a thing you once enjoyed keept staying fun, you would still use it?

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmatum View Post
    It seems to me that the game is fairly unforgiving to people that don't have people in a position to help them get established. Self-found gear makes the game a pain and practically impossible at points, but farming Inferno on MP 1 or 2 will give you a million pretty quickly.
    To be honest, i'm having fun with the game because i don't buy perfect gear from AH and everythiong i have is just farmed.

    Will i be uberfast in farmong? not at all. But everytime i get an upgrade, i feel rewarded for the grind. Obviously i cannot farm MP10 wioth my gear, buit MP 1/2 are perfectly fine, and can do uber at MP6 in party.

    When you already have everything perfect, you have taken away the ultimate goal of the game. getting 100 paragon means only you have done XY act3 runs.

    For me the patch notes are nothing extraordinary, but still they give me something more to do at the price of nothing.

    XP boosts are huge only for higher MP levels, since NO ONE ON EARTH is playing them, since low MP are just more efficient for leveling and farming items.

  13. #53
    Wow I've never seen patch notes stretched with so much needless exposition. There is a good portion that is just them explaining what they did in the last patch lol. I guess there are some nit picky things altered that people that still play might like but there is absolutely nothing that will entice anyone to return if they have stopped playing.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    XP boosts are huge only for higher MP levels, since NO ONE ON EARTH is playing them, since low MP are just more efficient for leveling and farming items.
    I normally farmed on MP5 and did key runs at MP7, could have farmed MP7 but time wise MP5 was more efficient, and my gear could be improved quite a bit.
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    I normally farmed on MP5 and did key runs at MP7, could have farmed MP7 but time wise MP5 was more efficient, and my gear could be improved quite a bit.
    I'm not saying that you cannot farm high MP - which is the case since i's only a matter of gear. It's the fact that no matter what the XP/hour ratio for MP1 is higher (and somethime also the legendary/hour ratio) just because you can oneshot everything.

    This needs to be solved imho.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I'm not saying that you cannot farm high MP - which is the case since i's only a matter of gear. It's the fact that no matter what the XP/hour ratio for MP1 is higher (and somethime also the legendary/hour ratio) just because you can oneshot everything.

    This needs to be solved imho.
    My point was that MP5 to me was more efficient, I don't struggle to kill things and the time increase from lower MP is so small there would be no point going lower, hence people can farm higher MP while keeping the efficiency.

    It's not something that needs to be solved as it's the only reason, besides gear perfection, to get better gear as it stands, due to all the increases in gear acquisition making your base MP1 gear so easy to get. This is the problem with Blizzards designs these days that help the players along over time, the end game shrinks at an equal ratio, this applies for both D3 and WoW.
    Last edited by Redblade; 2013-01-14 at 02:29 PM.
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    This is the problem with Blizzards designs these days that help the players along over time, the end game shrinks at an equal ratio, this applies for both D3 and WoW.
    Only if you play for 5+ hours a day really. That's talking about 1% of the player numbers...

    A normal behaviour is playing a video game for 1.5 to 2 hours a day and then you realise just how much there is to do./.

    At such a "normal" rate, it is GREAT to be able to catch up now and then ...

    Since MoP, I always got the impression of falling into a swamp of interesting content you really can't follow by only playing it for an hour a day.

    D3 luckily has no gearscore or attunements to play and enjoy the game both in solo as in group mode.

    Anyone over level 95 Paragon these days played Diablo 3 for ~~ 1000 hours (spread over 8 months that's a whacky 3-4 hours a day ON AVERAGE).

    If you tell that to "outsiders", they think you're nuts.

    You don't even want to know the look on their faces when I show them the official forums on which these "1000 hour guys" spit vomit all over the game...



    ---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 03:55 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I'm not saying that you cannot farm high MP - which is the case since i's only a matter of gear. It's the fact that no matter what the XP/hour ratio for MP1 is higher (and somethime also the legendary/hour ratio) just because you can oneshot everything.

    This needs to be solved imho.
    Why? Because you play the MPX for key farming (and soon the rest of the BOA items) and the leveling - normal farming you do with MP0 or MP1...

    Sounds logical.


    The way it is implemented today, you get 2 complete different games: one to advance in Paragon;levels blowing everything away and one with high MP levels which is a complete different challenge (and adapted to how you want to be challenged vs your own gear).

    Perfect mechanic, even now in patch 1.07: that way you have 2 different plays: challenge or speed. Item hunt for crafting or simple (old fashioned) speed grinding.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-01-14 at 02:57 PM. Reason: ay

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Only if you play for 5+ hours a day really. That's talking about 1% of the player numbers...
    Has nothing to do with it.

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    A normal behaviour is playing a video game for 1.5 to 2 hours a day and then you realise just how much there is to do./.
    Again has nothing to do with it.

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    At such a "normal" rate, it is GREAT to be able to catch up now and then ...
    No, what would be great is if the game had been created without the need to artificially help players along to reach their goals.

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Since MoP, I always got the impression of falling into a swamp of interesting content you really can't follow by only playing it for an hour a day.
    This is not a problem, if you only have an hour a day to play then all content isn't designed for you, a game that's made to cater to a wide audience should be overwhelming with options to choose from based on your time available and commitment.

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    D3 luckily has no gearscore or attunements to play and enjoy the game both in solo as in group mode.
    It does, you just can't see it, gear X is still needed to perform content Y and Boss A must be killed to see content B.

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Anyone over level 95 Paragon these days played Diablo 3 for ~~ 1000 hours (spread over 8 months that's a whacky 3-4 hours a day ON AVERAGE).
    Has nothing to do with it once again.

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    If you tell that to "outsiders", they think you're nuts.
    Not more nuts than other hobbies taking up the same amount of time.

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    You don't even want to know the look on their faces when I show them the official forums on which these "1000 hour guys" spit vomit all over the game...
    That's their problem, I wonder how they would look if they ever took the time to figure out how much time they spend watching TV or any other activity just to pass time.


    Now I know you will come back with the same one liners as usual so don't expect any more replies on the subject.
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

  19. #59
    The "has nothing to do with it" shows really "I have no clue" how playing time/end game challenge is related to bored players that get angry because not everyone plays a single video game for 10 hours per day.

    In other words: Blizzard can no longer make games that can fulfill the wet dreams of 1% 'no lifers".

    Diablo 3 is a quite good and clever video game. It will not cure cancer or take you back to your dreams of an ex 14 year old.

    As such: take it or leave it.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-01-14 at 03:54 PM.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    The "has nothing to do with it" shows really "I have no clue" how playing time/end game challenge is related to bored players that get angry because not everyone plays a single video game for 10 hours per day.

    In other words: Blizzard can no longer make games that can fulfill the wet dreams of 1% 'no lifers".

    Diablo 3 is a quite good and clever video game. It will not cure cancer or take you back to your dreams of an ex 14 year old.

    As such: take it or leave it.
    Your bias towards others that have more time to spend makes you blind to their issues and possible solutions with in the game design, ironic as your egoistical position demanding the game be designed around the lowest common denominator is as bad as your implied accusations towards the "1% no lifers".
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •