Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ...
24
32
33
34
35
36
... LastLast
  1. #661
    The Unstoppable Force N-aix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychoblu View Post
    Grats on 100 apathy.

    Think I got 2 better rings on 6 rolls
    I'm going to go kill people in dota thinking they are you <.< and thanks.
    Last edited by N-aix; 2013-01-26 at 12:19 AM.

  2. #662
    Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    Unless my memory is failing, the only reason we farmed bosses in D2 was because they were the ones that dropped the good loot. It wasn't a matter of enjoying or not enjoying farming bosses, it was generally the best option. In D3 you can farm bosses or just mobs in general and have basically an equal chance of finding something worthwhile from either (barring having the NV stacks obviously). I've found good rares and legendaries off both normals and bosses...

    Sure the chances of good items dropping is smaller than in D2 but that is not relevant to whether or not boss farming is the best.
    You're forced to get 5x NV before killing a boss hence it's not a viable option to do as you main farming method, this on top of the fact that there is no free move throughout the acts and maps.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Farming trash is infinitely more enjoyable, as it lets you farm where ever you want. Yes there are optimised routes, but they're not the only places to farm.
    To you...

    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Farmed bosses because we had to. Period. There was no other way to get loot. . . did you ever play D2? Farming bosses "because they were fun" is a pipe dream, so "they" were 100% right.
    This is 100% subjective.


    I don't get it, I say that I'd want both to be equally viable so we can choose for our selfs and get the mob squad explaining to me how wrong I am and that Blizzard's vision is right, ironic as my complaint is that Blizzard is telling us what's fun and not...

    Anyway, Path of Exile lives up to basically everything Diablo 3 was supposed to for me so I'll just play that.
    Last edited by Redblade; 2013-01-26 at 12:25 AM.
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

  3. #663
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    You're forced to get 5x NV before killing a boss hence it's not a viable option to do as you main farming method, this on top of the fact that there is no free move throughout the acts and maps.

    I don't get it, I say that I'd want both to be equally viable so we can choose for our selfs and get the mob squad explaining to me how wrong I am and that Blizzard's vision is right, ironic as my complaint is that Blizzard is telling us what's fun.
    I agree with the free act moving being annoying (definitely one of the things I do not like about the game), but in no way are you forced to get the stacks before killing a boss. The stacks only add some MF and the chance for an extra item, and its a benefit that did NOT exist in D2. In any case, boss or normal farming can be just as equally rewarding, especially if you worry about having the stacks or not. Without the stacks you have the same problem on normals/elites just like bosses...

    And no, I'm not trying to defend Blizzard as I too think there are problems with the game, but I don't play it to compare it to the two games before either, I play it like its a different game and I can still enjoy it. I like it for what it is, not saying its better or worse, just different...

  4. #664
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    13,008
    Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    I agree with the free act moving being annoying (definitely one of the things I do not like about the game), but in no way are you forced to get the stacks before killing a boss. The stacks only add some MF and the chance for an extra item, and its a benefit that did NOT exist in D2. In any case, boss or normal farming can be just as equally rewarding, especially if you worry about having the stacks or not. Without the stacks you have the same problem on normals/elites just like bosses...

    And no, I'm not trying to defend Blizzard as I too think there are problems with the game, but I don't play it to compare it to the two games before either, I play it like its a different game and I can still enjoy it. I like it for what it is, not saying its better or worse, just different...
    If you're gear farming, you get two guaranteed rares off a boss with 5 NV stacks. Otherwise, you probably won't get any. You can say "it's not required", because you can play without it, but you can't say it's a viable option for people wanting to farm gear. Especially considering how often you will actually find gear worth selling.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  5. #665
    Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    I agree with the free act moving being annoying (definitely one of the things I do not like about the game), but in no way are you forced to get the stacks before killing a boss. The stacks only add some MF and the chance for an extra item, and its a benefit that did NOT exist in D2. In any case, boss or normal farming can be just as equally rewarding, especially if you worry about having the stacks or not. Without the stacks you have the same problem on normals/elites just like bosses...

    And no, I'm not trying to defend Blizzard as I too think there are problems with the game, but I don't play it to compare it to the two games before either, I play it like its a different game and I can still enjoy it. I like it for what it is, not saying its better or worse, just different...
    I suggest you go kill a boss 20 times without any NV and then come back and tell me it doesn't matter again. Just for reference, I have done just that to see if it's at all viable and if memory serves me right I got 1 rare in 20 kills.
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

  6. #666
    Bloodsail Admiral Jaronicity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Land of Oz
    Posts
    1,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You made me laugh hope you know this. I hope to god they don't pull some shitty stunt like that.

    But really I think the next xpac will have you going after Leah's mom...because she is the only one not to die and she is a fallower of diablo and will try to res diablo again so you can guess what......fight him/her one more time this time in limbo since in D2 u was in hell and D3 in heaven.

    Fighting Diablo in Limbo WHAT A TWIST.
    I think it would be neat if Imperius went on a huge bender and was made a villain with like rebel group of angels or some such thing.

  7. #667
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    I suggest you go kill a boss 20 times without any NV and then come back and tell me it doesn't matter again. Just for reference, I have done just that to see if it's at all viable and if memory serves me right I got 1 rare in 20 kills.
    I got 3 unique's within 5 secs yesterday, 2-3 nv stacks (was key running). If you want rares then nv is the way to go, i find plenty of legs before i hit 5.

  8. #668
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    I got 3 unique's within 5 secs yesterday, 2-3 nv stacks (was key running). If you want rares then nv is the way to go, i find plenty of legs before i hit 5.
    Yet it has nothing to do with what we where talking about. As far as legendaries goes, while they are not tied to NV as such the extra MF and item that 5x NV generates (even on trash when playing in MP+) will over time yield you more legendaries than without as you are effectively "buying more tickets to the lottery".
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

  9. #669
    I never quite understood the logic behind NV. Was it to free up from stacking MF? I mean people still did and do that in diablo 3. Was it to give build permanance? People still change builds and it's not really permanent, it's just annoying more than anything. What exactly was the goal with NV?

  10. #670
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    I never quite understood the logic behind NV. Was it to free up from stacking MF? I mean people still did and do that in diablo 3. Was it to give build permanance? People still change builds and it's not really permanent, it's just annoying more than anything. What exactly was the goal with NV?
    People do a lot of things in Diablo 3 that they don't have to, under the assumption that they should. NV allows MF to be maxed out faster, while constantly increasing the player's ability to farm easier, with no requirements outside of continuing what they're doing.

  11. #671
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    I never quite understood the logic behind NV. Was it to free up from stacking MF? I mean people still did and do that in diablo 3. Was it to give build permanance? People still change builds and it's not really permanent, it's just annoying more than anything. What exactly was the goal with NV?
    It's original purpose was to prevent on the fly skill changes, to add some form of permanence as a compromise when they removed the more permanent skill trees. It ended up being tied to everything.
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

  12. #672
    For a so called hardcore player you seem to forget a lot.

    NV stacks were first put in the game to avoid the boring Diablo 2 game play of killing bosses-only 3000 times in a row.

    In order to get rare items from grinding a boss you needed to stack NV, as I remember that was back in patch 1.03 or a couple of weeks after launch. It also was used to up the MF stats then. If you didn't have 5 NV stacks bosses like Diablo would only drop blue items.

    I still think this is a good mechanic to ensure people play in longer sessions than 2 minutes. It would be stupid to just log in, search for one key logger and beat him in 3 minutes and do it all over ...

    Another stupid and boring D2 feature that was improved.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-01-28 at 01:47 PM.

  13. #673
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    For a so called hardcore player you seem to forget a lot.

    NV stacks were first put in the game to avoid the boring Diablo 2 game play of killing bosses-only 3000 times in a row.
    Not forgetting anything, perhaps you should go read up on your facts.
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

  14. #674
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bear Taco, Left Hand of Death
    Posts
    13,948
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Not forgetting anything, perhaps you should go read up on your facts.
    Actually you both need to read up on the facts. It was implemented and directly stated for both reasons. So you're both wrong and right. Stop ignoring facts in favor of either of your views.
    BAD WOLF

  15. #675
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Actually you both need to read up on the facts. It was implemented and directly stated for both reasons. So you're both wrong and right. Stop ignoring facts in favor of either of your views.
    If you wish to think so by all means go right ahead, it's been stated on multiple occasions that it's primary function is to force some permanence for the skill system. That it gives them an out to push the player away from farming bosses (that really isn't fun, promise, if you don't agree your wrong!!11oneone!1) is just a byproduct, one that they could have sorted in a wide variety of ways without NV.
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

  16. #676
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bear Taco, Left Hand of Death
    Posts
    13,948
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    If you wish to think so by all means go right ahead, it's been stated on multiple occasions that it's primary function is to force some permanence for the skill system. That it gives them an out to push the player away from farming bosses (that really isn't fun, promise, if you don't agree your wrong!!11oneone!1) is just a byproduct, one that they could have sorted in a wide variety of ways without NV.
    I don't need to think so, here's the direct quote from the blues:
    We’re working hard on balancing and testing Diablo III, and one of the major components is making sure that the end game experience is fun and exciting. We’d like to share a few of our goals for end game:


    • We have an enormous number of skill build combinations, and we want a lot of those skill builds to be viable and interesting
    • While there are millions of skill builds available to players, we don’t want players swapping skills regularly to beat specific encounters as they come up
    • We don’t want repeatedly running specific three-minute chunks of the game to be the most efficient way to acquire gear for your character
    • While a three-minute run shouldn’t be the most efficient, we also don’t want you to feel like it’s a two-hour commitment every time you sit down to play
    • Bosses should still feel worth killing
    It clearly indicates both purposes. Please stop being ridiculous. Source
    BAD WOLF

  17. #677
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I don't need to think so, here's the direct quote from the blues:


    It clearly indicates both purposes. Please stop being ridiculous. Source
    Sigh, I really can't be fucked to go find all the other blue posts on the subject because you are in the mood to be a smartass...
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

  18. #678
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    If you wish to think so by all means go right ahead, it's been stated on multiple occasions that it's primary function is to force some permanence for the skill system. That it gives them an out to push the player away from farming bosses (that really isn't fun, promise, if you don't agree your wrong!!11oneone!1) is just a byproduct, one that they could have sorted in a wide variety of ways without NV.
    You are WRONG.

    The NV stacks were introduced so you had to built them up to 5 stacks of MF before even downing a boss, to avoid the single boss fights and so the boss would ONLY drop blues instead of yellows...if you had not a stack of 5 NV.

    The same mechanic was later used to down the KEY Wardens.

    A side effect of this was that players complained they LOST NV stacks IF they wanted to respec BEFORE a boss fight.

    So you (on purpose of course) mix up the minor complaints about players who wanted to respec just before a boss fight , with the REASON why NV was introduced in the first place : to avoid the 2 minutes spamming of fake boss fights/

    Logical.

    Edit: I just saw a corrected version 3 posts above: great work !
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-01-28 at 02:39 PM.

  19. #679
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    You are WRONG.

    The NV stacks were introduced so you had to built them up to 5 stacks of MF before even downing a boss, to avoid the single boss fights and so the boss would ONLY drop blues instead of yellows...if you had not a stack of 5 NV.

    The same mechanic was later used to down the KEY Wardens.

    A side effect of this was that players complained they LOST NV stacks IF they wanted to respec BEFORE a boss fight.

    So you (on purpose of course) mix up the minor complaints about players who wanted to respec just before a boss fight , with the REASON why NV was introduced in the first place : to avoid the 2 minutes spamming of fake boss fights/

    Logical.

    Edit: I just saw a corrected version 3 posts above: great work !
    You didn't even bother to read the original announcement...why you are even allowed to post anymore is beyond me.
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

  20. #680
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    You didn't even bother to read the original announcement...why you are even allowed to post anymore is beyond me.
    Because people correct you all over the place with CLEAR FACTS... they shouldn't be allowed to post.

    Who do you think you are ?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •