Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    I'll say one thing about the blog, they at least now acknowledge that players want to find items not buy them. I don't expect any single patch to deal with this games issue short of an expansion that won't happen. 1.07 isn't a bad patch though, it just doesn't really solve anything.
    I agree. 1.07 isn't bad for anyone who is still enjoying the game but there isn't anything here that would bring back anyone who quit. I still think they need to do something with mob density in acts 1,2, and 4 though. These changes seem to be aimed at getting people playing outside of Act 3 but they need to get the other acts closer to act 3 in terms of experience gain. Even with that change I think they only way they can get back people who quit is to add more variety or some interesting new systems to the game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sythan View Post
    Blizz will never fix it since RMAH is the income from the game, if everyone starts finding upgrades instead of buying items or gold for irl money blizz will start making less and less $ of diablo
    I see your point here but I think there can be some middle ground where you have a reasonable chance at finding good items and still having the AH as an alternative route. I think everyone agrees that the AH being the only way is poor design but realistically that's where the game is now.
    Last edited by Whitepepper; 2013-01-12 at 06:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post
    He doesn't need a source to know that he pretty much hit the nail on the head.
    “What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.” - Christopher Hitchens

  2. #22
    The Lightbringer DEATHETERNAL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    USA, more fascist every day
    Posts
    3,215
    All I see when I look at this patch is a change that makes reflect damage not gamebreaking for demon hunters.

    YAY!
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    All I see when I look at this patch is a change that makes reflect damage not gamebreaking for demon hunters.

    YAY!
    I think they should revert the change back to 1.05 where dodge mitigated the damage. Intell chars barely feel it because resists neutralizes it, monks and barb get 30% damage reduce (reflect is 20%). Dh's got screwed in 1.05. The most screwed over class in d3.

  4. #24
    I am Murloc! Ryngo Blackratchet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Danger Zone
    Posts
    5,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocassius View Post
    Of course it should, because you say so...
    Your snarky statement would have any kind of meaning if these things weren't literally things beta testers were asking about before release forever ago. The bitterness is more than justified. What's with your comment, however?
    Quote Originally Posted by Herradura View Post
    This game attracts some of the most greedy assholes I've ever seen. It's mind boggling. They don't owe you a thing! You are the one who decides to pay them! It's a fucking video game!

  5. #25
    Banned JhanZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    ON, Canada
    Posts
    575
    Sorry but the game's core issues still remain and D3 will remain terrible until they are fixed. And with Jay Wilson and his lovely team at the helm, that is likely never happening.

    Diablo 3 shouldn't even be associated with the Diablo franchise. It's a joke to its predecessors. Disgusting.

  6. #26
    A little underwhelming and I don't like the soulbound items. Would be fine if they were soulbound on equip but Diablo is about RNG. Guaranteed items after some amount of farm, even if they can vary a little, don't belong there.

  7. #27
    Banned This name sucks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    A basement in Canada
    Posts
    2,726
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Its truely amazing, then again this isnt a very good place for knowledgeable players as we have seen. Mp1 champs and rmah users.
    If you're going to pretend you're awesome you better at least be able to prove it.

    Lets see some stats, links or pictures. Otherwise you're just bad #123423 pretending he's good.
    Last edited by This name sucks; 2013-01-12 at 08:50 PM.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Sythan View Post
    Blizz will never fix it since RMAH is the income from the game, if everyone starts finding upgrades instead of buying items or gold for irl money blizz will start making less and less $ of diablo
    Nobody buys/sells gear on the RMAH as much as people think. Gold is the number 1 seller on the BMAH. I would venture to say that the selling of gold is the only thing that keeps the RMAH up afloat.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitepepper View Post
    I agree. 1.07 isn't bad for anyone who is still enjoying the game but there isn't anything here that would bring back anyone who quit. I still think they need to do something with mob density in acts 1,2, and 4 though. These changes seem to be aimed at getting people playing outside of Act 3 but they need to get the other acts closer to act 3 in terms of experience gain. Even with that change I think they only way they can get back people who quit is to add more variety or some interesting new systems to the game.



    I see your point here but I think there can be some middle ground where you have a reasonable chance at finding good items and still having the AH as an alternative route. I think everyone agrees that the AH being the only way is poor design but realistically that's where the game is now.
    I mean they don't really have to add anything new to recapture a big chunk of players. They have to make loot in the game work again. Like it worked in d2:lod. D3 is a quagmire in alot of ways. It's hardly anything new ground breaking or innovative and is in reality a really really old model and that's bores alot of newer players. At the same time it's not true enough to that old model so it loses what made that model successful in the first place. That won't be fixed till an expansion though which is kinda sad.

  10. #30
    I posted this on D3fans and will post it here.

    If your expecting the "next patch" to fix all of the problems with the game you have unrealistic thinking. None of these patches so far have addressed the core issues with the game. Which essentially is the stat system which correlates to why loot can't be fixed right away. They are taking baby steps to improve the game and while it's still not the best - these patches give a little new sparkle to those who continue to play. I think the only people that continue to play are the ones that are holding out for this major systems change and hope to be rewarded.

    To be realistic it will likely take an expansion to make this game what people expected. Or maybe not actually. It really seems like people expected Diablo 3 to be the golden-platinum 10/10 gods gift to gaming. Anyways I'm really tired of seeing the same replies to every patch "They didn't fix loot" "Crap" "Did they even make changes" "A bunch of BS". I'm a fan of Diablo 3 and am sticking it out, like many players to hope that I am rewarded when they finally make their attempt to get it right. It is just so important for people to understand this game will not be fixed in one patch. They essentially have to reverse 6 years of design. That will not be fixed in 6 1.0.x patches.

    What it comes down to is - if you can't enjoy the game now don't touch it till an expansion. Yes yes I know you expect all the changes to be made in one patch you paid $60 this is Blizzard lolfail and all that shit. Well they simply cannot do it. It has to be understood. To make this game better they need to redo the stat system. Yes they can do other things and that's what they are doing. Paragon levels, infernal machine, now dueling. There will be many more things like this added before the expansion and many more changes. Just look at it though - Crafting and loot both go back to the root of the problem of the entire game. Stats. And yes Blizzard dropped the ball on PvP. We know.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    All complete crap. Sorry, but gear drops will still be a problem. the new crafting "patterns" will be worthless, because it's still random affixes. I don't care if a pair of gloves can roll 500 dex, it doesn't do a damn thing when all the other rolls are useless.

    And oh, hey look, the tier of gem costs more money than I make in MONTHS. That's exactly what we want, more gold cost on crafting. What, is these totally awesome "account-bound recipes" going to also cost 20 million gold each? because if so, then my suspicions were correct. The gear issues in the game are unsalvageable.
    Yep nothing really more to add. How can you screw up gear issue so badly in game based on gear.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpenth View Post
    I posted this on D3fans and will post it here.

    If your expecting the "next patch" to fix all of the problems with the game you have unrealistic thinking. None of these patches so far have addressed the core issues with the game. Which essentially is the stat system which correlates to why loot can't be fixed right away. They are taking baby steps to improve the game and while it's still not the best - these patches give a little new sparkle to those who continue to play. I think the only people that continue to play are the ones that are holding out for this major systems change and hope to be rewarded.

    To be realistic it will likely take an expansion to make this game what people expected. Or maybe not actually. It really seems like people expected Diablo 3 to be the golden-platinum 10/10 gods gift to gaming. Anyways I'm really tired of seeing the same replies to every patch "They didn't fix loot" "Crap" "Did they even make changes" "A bunch of BS". I'm a fan of Diablo 3 and am sticking it out, like many players to hope that I am rewarded when they finally make their attempt to get it right. It is just so important for people to understand this game will not be fixed in one patch. They essentially have to reverse 6 years of design. That will not be fixed in 6 1.0.x patches.

    What it comes down to is - if you can't enjoy the game now don't touch it till an expansion. Yes yes I know you expect all the changes to be made in one patch you paid $60 this is Blizzard lolfail and all that shit. Well they simply cannot do it. It has to be understood. To make this game better they need to redo the stat system. Yes they can do other things and that's what they are doing. Paragon levels, infernal machine, now dueling. There will be many more things like this added before the expansion and many more changes. Just look at it though - Crafting and loot both go back to the root of the problem of the entire game. Stats. And yes Blizzard dropped the ball on PvP. We know.
    I'll quote my self from the PvP thread here.

    I think they itemization could have been done differently to some extent, balance of secondary stat value mostly and more sensible affix ranges but overall it's not horrible, the problem I see is the constant changes to drop rates/MF boosts that only saturates the item pool thus moving the game vertically. On top of this they keep adding new items that again move the game vertically, for example the new craft-ables coming next patch.

    What they really should have done was create an item range and drops rate that fit their design and stuck with it, expansions on that could easily have been done through content additions like dungeons, similar to WoW raids with bosses and trash that dropped crafting materials, much like there will be in 1.07. Those materials could then be used for enchanting, adding sockets and improving the gear you had already with the drawback of it being bound once improved upon. Further improvements could come through runes and rune words for added set bonuses and similar functions, there are so many ways and individual steps they could develop the game horizontally without changing the base gear pool and as such keep the gear perfection game intact. the same goes for gems, they could make gems do more things dependent on where you place them, add combination of gems to create other colors that had secondary stats or effect, the possibilities are almost endless what they could have done while keeping the integrity of the basic game.


    The fix to the core issues won't be solved in small patches simply because it's a development direction issue, they can keep adding minor things to move the game vertically until the cows come home as the fix needs them to think horizontally instead, and even if they adapt their way of thinking they still need to give up the notion that the players needs help over time in reaching their goals as well, something I don't think Blizzard can at this point looking at the direction between WoW and D3.
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

  13. #33
    Elemental Lord Hyve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,228
    All features, that should've been in since the start, or attempts to fix things that'll just fail...

    Lame.
    Website: (W.I.P.) www.voodoo-gaming.net
    YouTube: Coming Soon™
    Twitter: @VoodooGamingUK
    Facebook: Coming Soon™
    Warcraft: Pandaren Brewmaster, iLevel 581, 14 / 14 Heroic Siege of Orgrimmar

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    All complete crap. Sorry, but gear drops will still be a problem. the new crafting "patterns" will be worthless, because it's still random affixes. I don't care if a pair of gloves can roll 500 dex, it doesn't do a damn thing when all the other rolls are useless.

    And oh, hey look, the tier of gem costs more money than I make in MONTHS. That's exactly what we want, more gold cost on crafting. What, is these totally awesome "account-bound recipes" going to also cost 20 million gold each? because if so, then my suspicions were correct. The gear issues in the game are unsalvageable.
    It seems to me that the game is fairly unforgiving to people that don't have people in a position to help them get established. Self-found gear makes the game a pain and practically impossible at points, but farming Inferno on MP 1 or 2 will give you a million pretty quickly.

  15. #35
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    12,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmatum View Post
    It seems to me that the game is fairly unforgiving to people that don't have people in a position to help them get established. Self-found gear makes the game a pain and practically impossible at points, but farming Inferno on MP 1 or 2 will give you a million pretty quickly.
    I farm Act 3 on MP0, but I sure don't make anywhere near what I've seen people can do, gold-wise. It doesn't help I rolled Monk, and I don't have a billion gold to spend on the one spec we have that's as fast as barbarians.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I farm Act 3 on MP0, but I sure don't make anywhere near what I've seen people can do, gold-wise. It doesn't help I rolled Monk, and I don't have a billion gold to spend on the one spec we have that's as fast as barbarians.
    That is a part of your issue, the boosts and extra item drops you get when using MP is to high to not take advantage of.
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

  17. #37
    The Unstoppable Force I change my name a lot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    That is a part of your issue, the boosts and extra item drops you get when using MP is to high to not take advantage of.
    You choose the MP where your gear is able to 1 shot things in my case I can do MP 6 as fast I can do at 0, MF gets you more shit don't get me wrong but I do mean SHIT shit like terrible terrible items most of the time

    God that makes me mad thinking about it.

  18. #38
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    12,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    That is a part of your issue, the boosts and extra item drops you get when using MP is to high to not take advantage of.
    Well, I did MP2 once. It took twice as long for very little, unnoticeable difference in the amount of drops. Time-wise, it's not worth it.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  19. #39
    Yeah some of us can't survive more than mp1...I spent somewhere around 250 million on my WD and couldn't do more than mp1 MAYBE mp2 if I felt risky on my WD. Ended up dying to a server crash anyway...

    Still, these recipes might give us more options on hardcore, for that I'm happy they tried. I know they're saving any and all NEW content for an expansion, though I wonder if they have data on how much money they'd make releasing it now and gaining subs who might use the RMAH versus people who might buy the expansion.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2013-01-13 at 09:33 PM.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Well, I did MP2 once. It took twice as long for very little, unnoticeable difference in the amount of drops. Time-wise, it's not worth it.
    How much dps on your wep?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •