Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ...
    The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Oh I completely agree that the need to get 5 stacks and having those packs split all over the place is kinda silly, but I don't like the boss farm either. This type of game certainly should reward any amount of time you put into that, but I'm sure there's a solution in the middle of both extremes.

As of right now it is incredibly easy to get 5 stacks, but you are forced to teleport around to 10 different zones and it feels rather gimmicky. I think normalizing rare packs and increasing the density in the rest of the game would help out with that. The only caveat would be that they would probably nerf drop rates again if they increased the amount of champ packs...but that's their freaking problem with not wanting to rewad the players of this game enough.

And I think that is the real issue...probably has always been the real issue. I'm sure apathy would agree with that lol.
    What that I get mad because I farm for like 12 hours straight or something stupid killing elites all f'ing day and don't get rewarded? Oh yeah It's great then all of a sudden a legendary drops and what do I get? OOOoOOo Hellcat waist guard Insta brim stone

At least on boss runs via D2 LoD shit dropped like shit shit but still they were either green or unique still shit but regardless I LIKE SEEING GREENS AND UNIQUES WHY AM I WHINING HERE

AHHHHHHHH *bashes head into monitor* PoE is occupying my time along with dotA so I'm kinda over it however I did teach my little sister to manipulate the market so thus money is still rolling in for our family and I'm about to give her my DH haha SHE CAN SUFFER FARMING NAOZ

10+ Year Old Account
    Here, I compiled a list of things. It's not complete, but it's basically things that have yet to be addressed.

I think I'm done trying to fix Diablo 3 for awhile.

Realized that I had too much movement speed on my monk. So, there's a piece I can replace with something that offers better stats, whether offensive or defensive. Can't replace the boots, because they're Fire Walkers, and there's a bug that makes me teleport backward whenever I try to target objects. With Fire Walkers, they create a trail of fire under you, and I can walk through objects. Can't replace my legs, they're part of a set, and one of the few items I have that give me attack speed. Can't replace my chest, it's the only piece I have with extra pickup radius on it.

And therein lies the problem. Pickup radius is such a bullshit stat. It's the only thing that has no real combat effect. Yet, if you actually want it on your gear, you have to pay out the ass for it. Why? Because you already need multiple stats on every piece in order to be not useless. And for each "affix" you add, you're getting less and less options on gear, and thus it's going to cost more. Adding something that does not affect combat to that price, and not trying to change it, is a cop-out by Blizzard for not admitting their mistakes. But you HAVE to have pickup radius, because without it, I've walked literally on top of gold at times more than once, and it wouldn't register that I picked it up. And, why shouldn't they give some kind of pickup bonus outside of gear? They did it with Magic Find and Gold Find.

I mentioned above a bug. It relates to the ability Thunderclap for monks. I've reported it twice. While I don't expect a response from Blizzard on every thread, I do expect bugs that are actually bugs to show up in the "known issues" list. But they don't. It's a handful of stuff I never noticed. While my list is longer than theirs.

I mentioned above about an issue with needing so many affixes on gear. Monks get the short end of the stick, with a passive ability called "One With Everything". It makes all their resists equal the highest one. So, when it comes to gear, their defensive stats rely on the fact that each piece of gear they have contains one regular resist (fire resist, physical resist, etc.), AND All Resist. Meaning, they have to have an extra affix on top of everything else. Blizzard has stated multiple times they intend to do something with One With Everything, but as many times as they've said it, they basically say every time "not now".

But why? What else are they doing? They're not fixing gear. As it stands right now, you can go days and days without finding a single item even remotely worth sticking on the auction house. I mean, this is a gear grinding game, but for some reason they are unaware of how much RNG has screwed everything up:

1. Each piece of gear has specific stats it can roll. Outside of the usual primary stats (dex, vitality, etc) that every piece can roll (minus weapons), there are specifics for each piece. For example, bracers can roll crit chance (caps at 6%). Amulets, rings, and gloves can all roll the "trifecta": crit chance, crit damage, and attack speed. Only certain pieces can roll life percentage. The problem with this? Gear without those stats become useless. You can't expect every single pair of gloves to have the "trifecta", but even two of the three and the price drops significantly. But this is good, right? All that issue with randomness in the gear drops, it's good to have specific stats for each slot. Um, nope. If the stats were more common, yes, but getting those stats on the gear is still a complete crapshoot, and making everything without those stats useless doesn't help your cause.

2. Since I mentioned crit damage, it's incredibly overpowered. This comes into issue with weapons. If your weapon does not have crit damage and a socket, it's useless. Why a socket? Because there are four gems, and Blizzard decided that only one of those gems would be useful in combat. The emeralds give crit damage, up to100% for the highest ranking gem (one-handed weapons can have up to 100% as well, and two-handers can have 200%). What do the other gems do for weapons? One gives Life on Hit, which is good except it's not a significant enough amount, that can easily be obtained on other pieces without wasting a spot for 100% crit damage. Another gives a flat damage bonus. The problem with it is that it is significantly lower damage-wise than the emerald. The last one gives "thorns", which returns damage to attackers when you are hit (by a melee attack). The number of people who ever use that stat ever is equal to or less than zero.

3. Crafting is useless. Considering that of all the rares I pick up, one in maybe a hundred is worth a second look. Now, crafting gear requires a number of three different mats. Two of those mats are obtained by disenchanting blues and rares. The other drops randomly off everything in inferno. They're not hard to get, but they don't add up fast enough for certain crafting. Plus, on top of that, each item has a gold cost to craft. For level 60 items, this number can vary between 25,000 and over 100k, based on how many affixes the pattern gives and what item it is (weapons are the most expensive). So, what do you get when you craft that awesome weapon for 120k? Nothing. It's a rare item, that has just as much random properties as everything you pick up. So, instead of vending those, oh, 40 rares for about1200gold each, spending extra time picking up blue items (they're not useful otherwise), AND spending 120k, you just created an item that you turn around and hand to a vendor for 2,000 gold. But, what is the worth of the mats themselves? Not much. The Iridescent Tears from the rares are about 500 gold each, and Exquisite Essence from the blues are about a thousand each.

4. Legendary items aren't. They aren't. When the game launched, they were terrible. From level 1 to 60, every legendary item was SIGNIFICANTLY weaker than even average rares. Later on, they buffed them (not retroactively), and added a bunch of new ones. Then slightly buffed the drop rate. Now, I can see a couple a night, if I take the time to farm. So, what's the issue? They end up with the same issue as rares. 99 times out of a hundred, it's going to be disenchanted (the brimstone you get for disenchanting it is worth 20k or more, so you can sell a stack of em for a chunk. It's better than vending the crap for 3k each). But why? In Diablo 2, Uniques were just that. They had varied stats, but the differences were small enough that it didn't create a vast difference in price between ones with different stats. Well, welcome to the new world, where "legendaries" don't do that. They feature "random properties", which means it can roll anything like any other piece of gear. So, that pair of Lacuni Prowlers can either be completely worthless (99% of the time), or it can roll actually decent stats. Remember what I said above about specific stats for specific pieces of gear? Those Prowlers need a primary stat, either vitality or All Resist, and Crit Chance, because nobody's going to buy a pair of bracers without crit chance. "Legendary" indeed. Hell, I wouldn't be as pissed if they just called them "Unique" instead, but then, that's an outright lie too, isn't it? Three random properties. And don't get me started on the Hellfire Ring...

5. But what happens when you get a good rare? Well, before you try to sell it, you first have to know if a set piece fits in that slot. You can't sell that Mighty (Barbarian-only) Belt for as much as it ought to be worth. Why? Because no matter how crappy (three-piece Inna's set is so worthless) the set bonuses are, nobody's going to buy rares in their place. Even if the rare you got has stats that the set item can't even roll. There has to be a happy medium here somewhere, but Blizzard has never been about finding happy mediums.

6. What's the solution to all this? New crafted patterns. Not every slot, but a few. The patterns drop randomly like others, and have an extra chance off of major bosses. They shouldn't be hard to come by (but of course when the patch drops, people will try to overcharge for them). These special items will require similar mats as the rest of the gear, and another one on top of it. A new material that only drops off elite groups in inferno. Will it be hard to get? Probably not. But it only adds to the amount of items you need to craft. So, with all that, on top of what normal rares take, what kind of benefit are you getting? The primary stats (again, strength, vitality, dex, intellect) can roll higher than normal? How much higher? Well, 201-230, which, for the shoulders, gauntlets, and chestpiece, is NOT higher than normal. But it's a guaranteed high roll, at least, right? Sure. But, see, one of the problems with gear drops is that you frequently have an item that rolls more than one primary stat (outside vitality). So, you're wasting room on those items, when you get something with all three (yes, it happens). These new crafted pieces can roll the same stats that rares can, at higher prices than the usual crafted pieces (due to the new material, plus the same flat gold costs). So, useless. No better than anything else. Oh...and the gear you craft with it, all BOA. So, good luck selling it, because you can't. That was the intent all along, to try to fix the economy. But it won't fix a damn thing, because the gear is just as random as anything else.

Class balance: Now, I'm not expecting a brand new game to have completely balanced gameplay. But, there have already been a few patches. And every single time, Monks keep getting buffed and buffed. What's sad about that, is that so far, and for the next patch, it's not going to change anything. ALl Blizzard has done is increased damage on a bunch of things. It's laziness, terribly. And it's not even what's wrong. Anything worth using costs too much, and we have two current specs that can be used effectively. Two, but one. Because, the other spec costs so much money to get working, it's not worth mentioning. And Monks are extremely inefficient farmers, in a game where farming speed is the most important aspect (Blizzard stated this directly). Compared to barbarians, who have a synergy spec that allows them to bull rush through the game at breakneck speeds, monks are useless.

What do I mean by "trying to fix"? It's not my issue to fix. I mean, I'm just giving up on trying to help. Giving them suggestions, reporting bugs, everything. They're not going to listen. Nothing I listed above has been addressed unless specified.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-02-03 at 05:38 AM.

The fix is simple, log out of D3 and log in to PoE, while not perfect it's design is far superior and it has the right feel to it.

Problem solved, problem staying solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    The fix is simple, log out of D3 and log in to PoE, while not perfect it's design is far superior and it has the right feel to it.

Problem solved, problem staying solved.
    Sadly, I agree with this. PoE is just too good for an indie developer's first game. While I still like Diablo 3, outside of graphics and possibly flow of combat, there's little for it to recommend over PoE.

How are monks bad at farming? Tempest rush is the fastest Xp/legendary farm spec in the game.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Sadly, I agree with this. PoE is just too good for an indie developer's first game. While I still like Diablo 3, outside of graphics and possibly flow of combat, there's little for it to recommend over PoE.
    Tried to play poe again after hitting 63 in the beta, got to lvl5 and uninstalled. Should of never played beta

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like all the spoilers in this thread, beating the dead horse of how insignificant and bad the story of diablo 3 is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    How are monks bad at farming? Tempest rush is the fastest Xp/legendary farm spec in the game.
    Costs too much to matter. Barbarians can whirlwind their way to dizziness right out of the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Costs too much to matter. Barbarians can whirlwind their way to dizziness right out of the gate.
    No crit chance = no rage = no ww. Its not nearly as easy as people on the forums make it sound, reminds me of non dh's giving tips against reflect.

Once you have good gear (like tempest) it does get godly. But then again with gear, all classes are pretty easy.

My mh wep alone (thanks keywarden) is worth like 135mil, monks arent the only class that are expensive.

I still say barbs and monks are the best chars in the game, 30% reduced damage for doing nothing is a huge bonus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    I still say barbs and monks are the best chars in the game, 30% reduced damage for doing nothing is a huge bonus.
    That's kind of a lame excuse, considering they're intended to be in combat getting wailed on. ranged classes are intended to avoid any and all damage. It's being balanced to be balanced, it has nothing to do with what makes them better.

No crit chance = no rage = no ww. Its not nearly as easy as people on the forums make it sound, reminds me of non dh's giving tips against reflect.

Once you have good gear (like tempest) it does get godly. But then again with gear, all classes are pretty easy.
    And I can spend 1million on a set of gear with 35-40% crit.

10+ Year Old Account
    My barb averaged to about 4 mil in gear before I could do MP 3 efficiently :P but it got boring and sold his gear for twice the amount of obviously

WW FACE ROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Your 1050 socketed bk sword was worth more than 4mill.

Mp3 is facerolled by all classes. Barbs excel in mp6+, mp3 isnt even doable by most barbs since everything dies in one hit and run out of rage.

"And I can spend 1million on a set of gear with 35-40% crit."

And get 1 shot on the first pack in the a3 bridge you ww through. 30% dr isnt a big selling point on mp1, its really nice on higher lvls though. Just saying pend, monks arent as weak as you make them out to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your 1050 socketed bk sword was worth more than 4mill.

Mp3 is facerolled by all classes. Barbs excel in mp6+, mp3 isnt even doable by most barbs since everything dies in one hit and run out of rage.

"And I can spend 1million on a set of gear with 35-40% crit."

And get 1 shot on the first pack in the a3 bridge you ww through. 30% dr isnt a big selling point on mp1, its really nice on higher lvls though. Just saying pend, monks arent as weak as you make them out to be.
    Don't be foolish you know how I manipulate the market like the puppet strings that sword I got was about 1 million =)

Wow, that thing is worth like 100mil now. Id be looking at stocks if i were you, seem to know what your doing

Wow, that thing is worth like 100mil now. Id be looking at stocks if i were you, seem to know what your doing
    Inflation is a bitch.