Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Or we can crush them by demonstrating to every one who is not a bigot just how ridiculous, insane and asinine their beliefs are.
    isn't that a bit harsh? why not just convince them lol

a lot of people wear a shell that gets harder the harder you hit

first this is not excusing what the lawyer did or that I am anti gay myself, but just because she worked for a client that was against the gay life style does not mean she was anti gay
    Is a lawyer that defends a rapist pro rape or a lawyer that defends a murderer pro murder?
    A lawyer gets paid to represent their client even if they disagree with what that client does or believes. it is part of being a lawyer
    So i don't see the hypocrisy

Or we can crush them by demonstrating to every one who is not a bigot just how ridiculous, insane and asinine their beliefs are.
    TBH I'd be willing to believe them if there was a single fucking legitimate reason to hate on homosexuality. With the exception of being unable to make kids w/o assistance (since, y'know, there are orphans/abandoned children in need of ADOPTION...), I have yet to hear of a single line, let alone, think of one, that actually makes logical sense. "IT'S UNNATURAL!" "IT'S AGAINST GOD'S WILL!" "IT'S IN THE BIBLE!" "I DON'T LIKE IT BECAUSE IT'S DIFFERENT!" These are all bullshit excuses to be a bigot.

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 11:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    You can tell this thread is great when we get to posts like this.

FYI, he's gay.
    Me or him?

I admitted I was a few posts back.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    You probably want to check the definition of the word. And if you are trying to stop them from imposing their views on others, then you probably should consider not giving them further motivation.
    just a thought.
    They got all the motivation they needed from their perspective religions. Anything I say is just icing on the cake for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    first this is not excusing what the lawyer did or that I am anti gay myself, but just because she worked for a client that was against the gay life style does not mean she was anti gay
    Is a lawyer that defends a rapist pro rape or a lawyer that defends a murderer pro murder?
    A lawyer gets paid to represent their client even if they disagree with what that client does or believes. it is part of being a lawyer
    So i don't see the hypocrisy
    There's a difference between being a criminal attorney and a lawyer working for the legal department of a bigoted organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    isn't that a bit harsh? why not just convince them lol
    If they could be convinced, they wouldn't be bigots.

10+ Year Old Account
    I choose this option.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    More like it shows how accurate the thoughts of men were (and still are) in interpreting the opinions of this deity.
    there is nothing to interpret from something that never was.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Gay people are denied a wide variety of legal rights and are frequently still the targets of discrimination and violence. That you seem unaware of this is rather sad.
    Ahh, we have something called hate crimes now. Sounds exactly what your looking for. You just made a point with a "whole lot of".

You have been slacking lately, hope everything is good, your my favorite bad guy, i farm you in a sense on mmochamp

Gay people have the same rights as me and are more protected against violence. Its not equal justice (14th) to make crimes against people like myself less punishable because im not gay. Thats a different, but obvious discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Me or him?

I admitted I was a few posts back.
    Well then, seeing as I read this thread, and was well aware that you're gay, which option do we have left?

(Hint, its him, check back the conversation for a couple of pages.)

10+ Year Old Account
    If they could be convinced, they wouldn't be bigots.
    ah I suppose you're right. But you never know till you try!

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    This is a forbidden topic for these boards, so we'll just have to call it there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    TBH I'd be willing to believe them if there was a single fucking legitimate reason to hate on homosexuality.
    Yeah, that's basically why I don't believe in this crap about convincing bigots. If they are willing to hate an entire group of people using absolutely no rational or logical reason whatsoever, then their starting grounds are already too far apart from ours for any convincing to be realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    This is a forbidden topic for these boards, so we'll just have to call it there.
    won't push it any further

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Gay people have the same rights as me and are more protected against violence. Its not equal justice (14th) to make crimes against people like myself less punishable because im not gay. Thats a different, but obvious discussion.
    Same rights as you? How many do you know that are married in the United States?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    edit: nvm forbidden!

Ahh, we have something called hate crimes now. Sounds exactly what your looking for. You just made a point with a "whole lot of".

Whether we have hate crime laws or not is irrelevant. Gay people have fewer rights and are at greater risk of violence. That you think they are treated equally to you is hilariously ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    But they don't.....

You have been slacking lately, hope everything is good, your my favorite bad guy, i farm you in a sense on mmochamp

Um, not necessarily.

If I got beat up because I was an asshole to someone or I slept with their friend or something, then that wouldn't be a hate crime. If someone beat me up because I was gay, that's a hate crime. You don't beat someone up because of something they aren't able to control (race, gender, sexuality, etc). Granted, you shouldn't beat people up in the first place, but you especially don't for reasons that are fucking stupid such as this.

I don't know what you are, but assuming you're a heterosexual white male, if someone beat you up for being straight/white/male, that'd be just as much of a hate crime as them beating me up for being gay/white/male.

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 11:29 PM ----------

Yeah, that's basically why I don't believe in this crap about convincing bigots. If they are willing to hate an entire group of people using absolutely no rational or logical reason whatsoever, then their starting grounds are already too far apart from ours for any convincing to be realistic.
    The only bigots I respect (barely, but I give them like 1 out of 10000 points in respect) are the ones that use our inability to produce offspring w/o assistance as a point, because, I will admit, it's a legitimate point, but not to hate on people. Besides that, -9999999999 to everyone else because they hate their lives so much that they have to spread their misery on us happier people.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

This thread's done.