New fun and balanced talents suggestion

Hello.

I know it's the third time since some month I show my news talents on this forum, but it's my hobby
    Keep in mind that numbers (CD, duration, %, damage etc) are just numbers. Only mecanisms are importants. And excuse me for my english mistakes.

http://mop-talent-grid-maker.appspot...&gridId=425001

Explanations :

Tier 1 : Surviving
    No change. Just name and icon of Nature's Guardian to be more shamanistic and less druidic. Not important.

Tier 2 : Mobility and anti-mobility
    No changed.

Tier 3 : Totem mobility/saving.

On live, this tier doesnt work. Because of the imbalanced of this tier Projection is almost never used for PvE. Totemic Restoration is never used by Ele or Enhance for PvE but is strong for Resto when coupled with Recall spell and glyph. CoE is often the best compared the other two choices, although his utility is restricted to healing stream in PvE.

In other words, IMO this tier is broken and boring.

My changes imply :

All 3 can now equally 'save' totems from ennemy attacks and are also usefull for totem movement in PvE and PvP.

- Totembringer is for move and save many totems, permits to your totems to 'follow' you, but has a relatively long cooldown and implies you to move also if you want to displace your totem.

- Totemic Tornado is used to protect your active totems and to preserve their effect (if you summon them too early for example, or if they are suddenly useless during some seconds) and to recall them to your feet, but it can retard also your totem CDs and has a medium cooldown.

- Projection (no changed) can save or move only your 4 active totems but dont have counterparts and has a very short CD.

Choices : save and move many totems that 'follow' you, save your totems while sparing their effects, or a shorter CD.

Tier 4 : Support

Healing support for dps spec and dps support for heal spec.

I changed the philosophy for the resto spec because I think have 3 pure healing spells is almost impossible to balance for a healer. Today there are no choice for them, they use healing tide totem 95% of the time.

So Healing Tide Totem is so now a Resto spell, Ancestral Guidance is changed for the resto part and conductivity, wich was very situationnal, is replaced by Earthmother and Skyfather which is more permissive.

- Support the clan is designed to recall to mind the support and buffer part of the old shaman class of vanilla/BC. It brings a decent DPS or heal, without nerfing your primary role. In reality, you dont increases the dps or heal of your allies, you just require them to do dps or healing.

- Ancestral Guidance is the same as live but the heal is duplicated in damage now. Very usefull for burst, but expected to be less powerfull for long run (we probably have to nerf the numbers).

- Earthmorther and Skyfather is designed to highly increases the ouput of your off-spec but while nerfing the output of your main spec :
    Enhance had to sacrifice 40% of a lightning bolt damage, Ele has to lost 'time' and buffed lightning bolts although a benefit can be returned if well played, and resto lost a GCD and mana (without telluric glyph).

Choices : balanced support and buffer philosophy, burst "when needed" support and "heal to dps" or "dps to heal" phislosophy, or the best support in exchange of a sacrifice and true hybrid philosophy.

Tier 5 : Hybrid

Hybrid tier : dps and healing talents.

Unleashed fury is moved to the 'increased performance tier', because it was never used as an hybrid talent.

Elemental Blast should be a Ele spec spell, it was never used by Resto because of his long cast time, and was very strange to use for enhance spec because his CD isnt synchronized with MW5 mecanism. Primal Elementalist never used by DPS spec to heal, a change was needed to be a true hybrid talent.

- Spirit Champion Attack is very easy to use, and very effective when damaging 10 ennemies and healing 10 allies, but prevent you to use non instant spells for 2s each 18s. (keep in mind CD and duration are just numbers)

- Primal Elementalist is more clear, you use Fire for DPS and Earth for heal, independently of your spec.

- Avalanche is an aoe that follow your target. Effective to do 'cleave' damage and heal in short range.

Choices :

Long range aoe damage and heal, dps and healing not a the same time, and a « cleave » dot-hot.

Tier 6 : Increased performance tier.

EM and AS mixed, like the old days of the ele spec. Pretty boring to have 2 haste talent on the same tier. Echo of the Elements replaced by Unleashed Fury. EoE never used by resto, and works as the same way that ele mastery.

- EM is a good little burst cooldown now, that can be easily coupled with other CDs.

- Call of the Ancestors is a new spell. Good big CD, but relies on random procs and requires you to be effectevely heal or dps during 30s.

- UF not changed (but his icon, a dragon mace is not very shamanistic), expected as a good constant dps/heal out put.

Choices : medium CD, big CD, constant.

What do you think about my suggestions ? Comments ?

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 07:05 PM ----------

0 comments ? I'm sad
    Last edited by Raghnar; 2013-01-12 at 11:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a proponent of removing level 45 talents and replacing them with mobility talents revolving around Ghost Wolf. Totemic Projection and Call of Elements should be baselined, and the GW talents could be implemented. This would also include baking in the GW Glyph.

I largely agree that the third tier of Shaman talents are pretty boring, and situational. Having the totem version of trap launcher as a talent is pretty laughable.

I'm a proponent of removing level 45 talents and replacing them with mobility talents revolving around Ghost Wolf.
    As the totems are the iconic spells of the shaman, having a totem tier is not a bad idea IMO. The problem in live is that they are imbalanced because the phisolophy of the 3 talents in PvP (CoE : totems are weak but you can recall them after detroyed / Restoration : totems are weak but their CD is reset more quickly if destroyed / Projection : you can more easily preventing them to be destroyed) doesent work in PvE and the 2 first talents work as "non intented".

Totemic Projection and Call of Elements should be baselined, and the GW talents could be implemented.
    The problem is that resto sham is yet too strong in PvP and they dont need a buff in PvE. Giving them 2 talents baseling and a complete mobility tier is not a solution.

I largely agree that the third tier of Shaman talents are pretty boring
    What about my suggestions and the other tier ? Do you just read the top of my post ?