Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I can hardly abandon MMO-C and GenD for several months, so no.

But I may well stay out of the beta for the next expansion. Which is not to say I didn't enjoy the MoP beta, I did. A lot. However, it was somewhat more difficult on launch to get excited about leveling for real.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    Probably. But I wouldn't want to.
    I would need to know everything about the class situation at least. Everything.
    Pretty much the same for me. I could, but why would I want to?

Considering the next expansion will not be named "Mists of Pandaria" or be about Pandaria/Pandaren, that's an easy, easy, day 1 buy. No need to even think about it.

i cant, im a spoiler junkie, for example before going to a movie i read all possible reviews, watch all trailers, scenes uploaded on youtube, feedback from people, read the book and any other materials, THEN i go to see the movie : )))))

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Problem is that you'd be quite far behind the rest for a while.

You can ignore the new designs and areas, but what less than knowing the numbers.

I personally divulge all the information to myself that I can. It really doesn't bother me how much I know. I like to experience for myself. Granted information can sometime ruin a surprise or a puzzle. Doing it first hand makes it worth while.

I managed to avoid all news related to ME3 for like 6 months should of just spoiled it for myself so i didn't waste my money.

I think i could manage to avoid WoW expansion news quite easily.

I couldn't resist the spoilers. It doesn't have to be an expansion but for example right now patch 5.2 is on the PTR and I want to know everything about it because at the moment there isn't that much to do in-game. Knowing what will come in the future determines what I will do today. With informations about 5.2 I will keep playing and improve my character and so on. If I wouldn't know there are things coming towards us that are exciting to me I probably would take a break until I'm so bored of other games that I will look what has happened to WoW out of curiosity.

With an expansion it's even more important to me because most of the times I take a long break before a new expansion and when I know nothing about the new expansion there's no reason why I should buy and play it.

In the past I did very often ignore all informations about upcoming games but since games are often bugged when they are released and I bought some games that were unplayable at start for several weeks to months I tend to absorb every bit of information about a game before considering of buying it.

It's a lot more fun when you don't know a thing about a new game or changes from an expansion but it can be very disappointing when you get what you didn't expect.

Quote Originally Posted by PvPisthelifeforme View Post
    Hello, I remember reading about a player, who once he had heard the next expansion was "Mists of Pandaria", he denied himself of any and all spoilers! The name aside, he managed to avoid going to websites, hearing from other players, and continued to the play through Cataclysm. My question to you, is that once the next expansion is announced, can you deny yourself said expansion's trailer, cinematic, information leaks, class updates...etc?
    I did that with MoP. And I have to say, I'm gonna do it again with the next expansion. It really made the experience much more intriguing, immersive and fun.

Also loved being totally behind with everything. It made playing so much more "virginal". It really makes a big difference. It's funny how people always whine about content getting old too fast, and WoW always just bringing more of the same, yadda yadda - yet they actually know everything before they can even get their hands on the game itself. It's no wonder it feels stale immediately.
    Last edited by Pull My Finger; 2013-01-12 at 07:52 PM.

I don't think I could, for one every time a new expansion is announced theres always somone talking about it in trade, and I really dont want to avoid a city for 6 months or so. Also there were always people talking in my groups/raids about it.

Plus I like to know whats going on.

15+ Year Old Account
    Probably not, requires too much effort to deny myself of things that will most likely change drastically or not make it in the game at all. Seems pointless.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Last time I tried I failed miserably well despite I'm a casual now mind you if my replacement of a game would of been good then yeah I could of denied it and would of denied this next expansion as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how it would be to play WoW and never once look at a forum... lol impossibru

If the next expansion is burning legion there is no way in hell I could deny myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    probably. but i usually cave. at the very least ill end up looking at beta screenshots. i try as hard as i can to not look at anything more than that. cataclysm was actually the first time i really followed every scrap of information that came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Yes I could. I think if I'm still playing wow when it comes I will.

I read the stories of the people that played PTR to death and were already jaded on release. By contrast the people that hid away from the hype saw it with fresh eyes and got to enjoy something fresh. Thats pretty rare these days. I know which group I want to fall into next expac.
    I was invited into Beta on the second wave of invites and spent 5 months playing daily, and I never got burn out.

In fact, I still don't have burn out from MoP.

You either like playing WoW, or ya don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a chance. I love reading about content and such before it's out. It's a blast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    No. Why would I?
    Immersion.

I need to know what changes are coming to prepare.
    Depends on how serious you play the game. If you want to play competitive, sure. If not, don't spoil yourself with too much -if any- information.

In that regard I think its pretty rare to not spoil yourself with any information because even on global newssites they talk about WoW. Even on public chats they speak about WoW. In both cases including new expanions. I mean, did he know the name of the new expansion...? So it is pretty much a relative meaning whether you look into the new expansion or not before playing it. This fellow took it pretty much to an extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    I was invited into Beta on the second wave of invites and spent 5 months playing daily, and I never got burn out.

In fact, I still don't have burn out from MoP.

You either like playing WoW, or ya don't.
    You are either with us, or against us.

Quote Originally Posted by PvPisthelifeforme View Post
    Hello, I remember reading about a player, who once he had heard the next expansion was "Mists of Pandaria", he denied himself of any and all spoilers! The name aside, he managed to avoid going to websites, hearing from other players, and continued to the play through Cataclysm. My question to you, is that once the next expansion is announced, can you deny yourself said expansion's trailer, cinematic, information leaks, class updates...etc?

For me personally I would like to do this! The only exception is to hear how classes are being updated from a close friend, but no details of spells. More or less "Yeah, DKs will be good" levels of vague detailness!
    i did that ith mists. however it was just ingame stuff. trailers class balance? thats fine. screenshots of a couple places? eh id look at a couple.

but i didnt do anything in beta except fool around with the character creation screen so i could figure out how i wanted my pandaren to look.

i intend to do the same for the next expansion
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Probably could but won't want to, I like knowing a general theme and what changes game wise/mechanic are coming.. the lore and story I always leave as a surprise.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

10+ Year Old Account
    What usually ruins the experience for a lot of players, is that they have seen it all before in videos from beta, played beta themselves, or read about all the news throughout the development phase. So I would personally be delighted to try this out sometime. Would be a fun experiment.