View Poll Results: Which Demon hunter would like as the next class?

Voters
353. This poll is closed
  • Illidan Demon hunter

203 57.51%
  • Diablo III demon hunter

24 6.80%
  • A combo of both

73 20.68%
  • I don't care

53 15.01%
Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Which Demon hunter do you want?

So a thought crossed my mind. If blizzard gives us demon hunters as the next class which type
    of demon hunter do you want. We asked for Brewmasters and they gave us a Brewmaster / Diablo III monk combo.
    So if blizzard gave us demon hunters would you want the Illidan demon hunters or the Diablo III demon hunter
    which would like a shadow hunter or dark ranger in Wow lore.
    I figure the Illidan demon hunter would be a Caster rogue combination
    where the Diablo III demon hunter would be a Caster hunter combination
    So what do you think ?

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would like a combination of the WoW and Diablo one. Kind of like a pet-less melee Hunter with spells!

Deleted
    If I ask for a DH in WoW, I'd like to have a WoW DH and not something else. Its more about the glaives and being half-demon than about a caster/rogue or caster/hunter combination or whatever you thought of.

Also, they didnt give us a BM/D3 Monk combo, since we had our own Monks since classic WoW in the Scarlette Monastry.

One spec ranged, one spec melee. You figure out the third.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockwood View Post
    So a thought crossed my mind. If blizzard gives us demon hunters as the next class which type
    of demon hunter do you want. We asked for Brewmasters and they gave us a Brewmaster / Diablo III monk combo.
    So if blizzard gave us demon hunters would you want the Illidan demon hunters or the Diablo III demon hunter
    which would like a shadow hunter or dark ranger in Wow lore.
    I figure the Illidan demon hunter would be a Caster rogue combination
    where the Diablo III demon hunter would be a Caster hunter combination
    So what do you think ?
    A wow one only. I've wanted to play a demon hunter wow style since I first read there lore. Demon hunter's with crossbows will just feel weird. But if they did let you dual weild guns and have a melee spec as a demon hunter I'd be fine with that. It will still be my main for life if they put one in

Deleted
    Demon hunter ?

Boring and useless.

Bring me a tinkerer or bard .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    Demon hunter ?

Boring and useless.

Bring me a tinkerer or bard .
    Tinker/Bard
    Interesting and Useful

Pick one and only one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Illidan Demon hunter or no demon hunter... if it don't wear glaives it ain't demon hunter...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Illidan Demon hunter or no demon hunter... if it don't wear glaives it ain't demon hunter...
    Basically this, there's absolutely no reason to tarnish the good name of the Warcraft Demon Hunter's by mixing them with bland, mediocre Diablo Demon Hunters. They aren't even similar, anyone that has played/looked at WCIII and Diablo III should know that.

Deleted
    another melee? really? I want Diablo 3 DH, name it different name I don;t care, but another ranger would be nice.

Deleted
    It can be both, my personal prefference would be Warcraft Demon Hunter as this is Warcraft but what the heck, the specs I would give it?

Demonology - Permanent Demon Form, Ranged Tank (Still use Warglaives as weapons but your Demon form grants you a standard ranged attack like the Demon Hunter in Warcraft III)

Combat - Melee spec that uses instant spells and body and glaive enhancing ability (the main combat mechanic would be: You get 3 abilities that each drain a special resource of which you got a max of 3, much like runes, what sets them apart from runes though is that once you activate one of these abilities you enter a mode in which your energy bar gets filled to max, you gain a buff, the energy bar will slowly deplete and you'll get a new stance bar the goal is to use abilities that drain the energy and that are only activatable with the buff. the buff dissapears as soon as you are out off energy, there will also be utility abilities which do/don't drain energy or use the "runes"instead and a temporary Demon form which consumes a "rune")

the third one I first thought would be a healing spec (WoW could use a dark healing class and yeah as to get more healers in the game) but could also go for a Ranged DPS instead, Black Bow of the betrayer anyone? That could either use bows or two crossbows (but then Hunters probably want two crossbows as well)
    Last edited by mmocf1858d9362; 2013-01-12 at 01:14 PM.

Deleted
    I just want a new ranged class.

*sobs about Death Knights and Monks being melee based*

This is a demon hunter.

Anything else is just totally missing the point.
    Look how cool they look when they are running in WC3. I hope if they do become a new class they get lot's of flavor animations to give them a lot of visual impact. Their class kit is chocked full of body language with attitude.

I could really not care less about having horns or wings. To me a demon hunter is a fleet footed acrobatic fighter who is so reckless and skilled they wear no armor and use massive dangerous blades in each hand that could just as easily kill them self as it could kill someone else which they whirl around themselves constantly as a substitute for armor.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Demonology Warlock
    Except for the entire class aside from Meta and immo aura.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Except for the entire class aside from Meta and immo aura.
    You mean like when they transform and start shooting chaos bolt from ranged ?

Hmm.. sounds like demo lock to me .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    You mean like when they transform and start shooting chaos bolt from ranged ?

Hmm.. sounds like demo lock to me .
    Chaos Bolt
    Demo Lock

Pick one...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    This is a demon hunter.

Is that a pandaren face on the glaive? o.o Kinda looks like two eyes with black spots around them, and a nose in the middle.

OT: I'd want the Illidan version. That's what I see as a demon hunter. But I can't see them adding it in unless they really change them.
    Last edited by BHD; 2013-01-12 at 03:15 PM.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Deleted
    Demo destru lock ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    Is that a pandaren face on the glaive? o.o Kinda looks like two eyes with black spots around them, and a nose in the middle.
    Samwise at his finest really.