View Poll Results: Which Demon hunter would like as the next class?

Voters
353. This poll is closed
  • Illidan Demon hunter

203 57.51%
  • Diablo III demon hunter

24 6.80%
  • A combo of both

73 20.68%
  • I don't care

53 15.01%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Illidans type fits more in Warcraft then Diablo style

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    They're going to have to make changes to demon hunter if they want to implement it into WoW. People can deny it all they want but a demon hunter is pretty much a petless melee warlock. I expect blizzard to make some lore about a new generation of demon hunters that are different from the old ones, similar to death knight generations.
    could work. That way a ranged crossbow spec would be given a good chance at making into the game. I have been reading all this forums replies for the past 7 or 10 min and all the requests seem to point into a direction that would make the demon hunter use mail, because of armor equality, glaives & crossbows because another ranged weapon user is long overdue, a tank spec with agility stats and weapon blocks. That all can be answered in THIS thread =)

10+ Year Old Account
    No "Neither" option?

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 01:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DonQShot View Post
    could work. That way a ranged crossbow spec would be given a good chance at making into the game. I have been reading all this forums replies for the past 7 or 10 min and all the requests seem to point into a direction that would make the demon hunter use mail, because of armor equality, glaives & crossbows because another ranged weapon user is long overdue, a tank spec with agility stats and weapon blocks. That all can be answered in THIS thread =)
    Or that could be exactly what monk tanks are.

And exactly what Rogue tanks were.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

I'd like a WoW themed demon hunter in WoW.

Melee dps spec, range dps spec, tank spec. BAM. Only possible problem is a lot of iconic DH abilities such as metamorphosis are already in another class.

I don't want any new classes. They need to start doing more with the current ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    I'd like a WoW themed demon hunter in WoW.

Melee dps spec, range dps spec, tank spec. BAM. Only possible problem is a lot of iconic DH abilities such as metamorphosis are already in another class.
    Theres 2 death coils in the game and they do completely different things.

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 03:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    I don't want any new classes. They need to start adding more than 2 races each expansion and just forget about new classes.
    New classes add needed flavor, new races from here on out will all probably be neutral.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Theres 2 death coils in the game and they do completely different things.
    As of Mists of Pandaria, there's only the one (Death Knight Death Coil). Warlocks have had it renamed Mortal Coil, and it is now a talent (competing with Blood Fear and Howl of Terror)

Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    As of Mists of Pandaria, there's only the one (Death Knight Death Coil). Warlocks have had it renamed Mortal Coil, and it is now a talent (competing with Blood Fear and Howl of Terror)
    Then they will do something similar to Metamorphosis, maybe call it Demon Form.

Deleted

Or that could be exactly what monk tanks are.

And exactly what Rogue tanks were.
    Except monk tanks use leather and other weapons. And the way I see it, a demon hunter tank spec would be an anti-caster archetype. When were there rogue tanks lol? There is a difference between pseudo/off tanking and main tanking...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DonQShot View Post
    Except monk tanks use leather and other weapons. And the way I see it, a demon hunter tank spec would be an anti-caster archetype. When were there rogue tanks lol? There is a difference between pseudo/off tanking and main tanking...
    WoW beta. Rogues used shields. So did hunters. They were considered viable enough tanks for 5-man dungeons, as were Shaman.

And an Anti-caster Archetype... You mean like Death Knights?

Weapon blocks, anti-caster archetype. You just made leather Death Knights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    WoW beta. Rogues used shields. So did hunters. They were considered viable enough tanks for 5-man dungeons, as were Shaman.
    lol beta...

And an Anti-caster Archetype... You mean like Death Knights?

Weapon blocks, anti-caster archetype. You just made leather Death Knights.
    Actually I made a mail wearer who uses agile dual glaives and fel magic as opposed to a two hander plate vampire.
    just check my sig and see if it sparkles any reaction in u

10+ Year Old Account
    I highly doubt they would make the DH another primarily dual wield agi class. It would make the rogue even less appealing and less populated, which is not what they want at all right now.

I went with a combo of both, an Illidan Demon hunter would be interesting and what I'd pick over the Diablo version, more fitting for WoW but feel like they could have some fun mixing and matching.. at least one a pure ranged and one pure melee.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Deleted
    I voted I dont care since it wasnt an option to vote for "I do not want Demon Hunter as a class".

Do not like them in D3 and I do not care too much of the Illidan version either.

I really don't see the parallel between WoW monk and D3 monk.

D3 monk is a holy warrior, based more on western style warrior-priest archetype.
    WoW monk is more eastern style monk focusing on mysticism and kungfu.

As for demon hunters. How i would like demon hunters to be implemented:

warglaives forever, give them a skill (ala runeforging) that allows them to covert onehanders into warglaives, more work for the art department sure but these are Demon Hunters we are talking about here.

make them use mail, we have enough leather users already.

3 specs:
    Melee dual wield dps, obvious.
    Caster dual wield dps, thats right double caster weps baby... sounds OP but they could balance it easily.
    Dual wielding tank, I thought DKs were going to be DW tanks when they first announced them, i was disappointed they never went that way with them... I think it would be badass, parry with two weapons!
    Last edited by Redmage; 2013-01-14 at 11:18 PM.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Deleted
    Classic Warcraft DH. D3 demonhunter has basically nothing to do with the demonhunters of the Warcraft universe.

I'd like to see a mixture of Rogue/Enh/Lock/DK. Or something totally new and innovative with the basic concept of the classic Warcraftian DH.

Definitely Illidan demon hunters. (Or maybe implement it into combat rogues when they finally decide to revamp rogue like they did warlocks)
    I would like to be able to dual wield crossbows on my hunter though. (Maybe make it a survival only thing too?)

Hell, I'll be damned if they do this when they revamp rogue:

Nightblade: A ninja-like assassin mastered in poison and ambushing their preys before vanishing back into the darkness (Combining the current assasination and subtlety)

Demonhunter: Drawing strength from the demons they have fell, devoted to slay all demons on Azeroth and beyond. (Combat rogue with unique demonhunter abilities)

Bladedancer: Bolstering their abilities with songs, (they sing their enemies to death), ok not that, they are adapted in raining deaths on their foe from afar, attacking with both their songs and their magically enchanted blades (a ranged dps, they can still be using the melee weapons as in other specs, similiar to the new shuriken toss which replace melee attacks with a range attack).

The three things I want in WoW, demon hunters, bards, and distinction between rogue specs.
    This could replace the new class they try to introduce every other expansion, and also help with the low pop of rogues.

One can always dream...
    Last edited by taaveti; 2013-01-15 at 01:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    Dual wielding tank, I thought DKs were going to be DW tanks when they first announced them, i was disappointed they never went that way with them... I think it would be badass, parry with two weapons!
    Frost DW tanks were actually a thing in late-Wotlk, sadly gone in Cata when Blood was made the only tank spec.

What I want, more than anything in WoW, is a class that can tame demons, just as hunters tame beasts. Also I wish that Unholy DKs could tame undead in place of their ghoul. But on topic, I would rather it be very close to Illidan, much like the Deathknights who trained under Arthas, and his lot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    D3 monk is a holy warrior, based more on western style warrior-priest archetype.
    WoW monk is more eastern style monk focusing on mysticism and kungfu.
    Actually, wrong.. the Western Warrior priest style is more align with the DnD Cleric or Paladin. Some guy who wears chainmail under robes while he beats you to death with a large mace while shouting "REPENT EVIL DOERS"

Ironically.. the D3 priest is very much based on Eastern Monks, and is a better represenation of them than the WoW monk... who seems to be more of a soothsayer martial artist mix.