Deleted

US Government Rejects Death Star Superlaser Petition!

Pictured: The US Government has rejected a petition for a $850 quadrillion dollar Death Star project.

The White House has rejected a petition to build a Death Star - a huge battle-station armed with a superlaser as seen in the Star Wars films. In a playful response, a senior US government official said the Obama administration "does not support blowing up planets".

The official also said the cost - about $850 quadrillion - was too high. More than 34,000 people had signed the petition, saying the project would spur job creation and strengthen defence. They also wanted the government to begin construction by 2016. The White House is obliged to respond to all petitions that gain more than 25,000 signatures.

Responding to the petition, Paul Shawcross, head of the administration's budget office on science and space, admitted in a blog that "a Death Star isn't on the horizon". "However, look carefully and you'll notice something already floating in the sky - that's no Moon, it's a Space Station! Mr Shawcross was referring to the International Space Station, which currently has six people on board.

And he ended his blog with an appeal to the signatories of the petition: "If you do pursue a career in a science, technology, engineering or math-related field, the Force will be with us! "Remember, the Death Star's power to destroy a planet, or even a whole star system, is insignificant next to the power of the Force."

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20997144

Deleted
    so I guess this means that there were 34000 people at the last comic con

Deleted
    Well, I guess it was kind of obvious it'd be rejected lol, but atleast the way they rejected it was funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn. I was hoping to blow up Earth soon :/

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

the Obama administration "does not support blowing up planets".
    No problem. We'll just use it on Pluto.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    No problem. We'll just use it on Pluto.
    Who cares if it gets used, imagine how it would look at night. Be like 2 moons Would be really cool.

But seriously though lets fire it at a piece of space research equipment we no longer need. Send that orbiting probe out away from earth and light up the sky motherfucker.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.