Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Yeah, don't get me wrong. I know what you're saying. All I'm saying is that Yaspresents warned players to take precautions in case of DDOS (get a VPN and what not) but they didn't, therefore people basically allowed themselves to get disqualified by not listening (and their teams too sadly). :\ I don't really think anybody but the DDOSers are happy with the outcome of the past 2 casts of the tournament, I know I couldn't stand watching it all the way through today. It would have been nice if they at least tried to verify that the players of each team at least had a method of preventing DDOS in place before allowing them to participate.

    There really isn't much else they can do though, since it's entirely online.

    The xSplit glitching and restarting the stream was the second day so yeah, that explains your first post.

  2. #22
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    3,219
    I was rooting for the RLS in group A and the WLS in group B, so I am happy that both teams made it through. I'm also happy that Dogroth didn't make it through, because all that guy does it to play fotm while being arrogant as fuck.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    I was rooting for the RLS in group A and the WLS in group B, so I am happy that both teams made it through. I'm also happy that Dogroth didn't make it through, because all that guy does it to play fotm while being arrogant as fuck.
    It was RPS not RLS :P

  4. #24
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    3,219
    Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    It was RPS not RLS :P
    That is what I meant!

    Edit: Khryl was playing supringsingly well. Easily a top 3 spriest world wide.
    Last edited by Funkthepunk; 2013-01-14 at 01:30 PM.

  5. #25
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,698
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    I was rooting for the RLS in group A and the WLS in group B, so I am happy that both teams made it through. I'm also happy that Dogroth didn't make it through, because all that guy does it to play fotm while being arrogant as fuck.
    Even at that he's bad. In cataclysm I've seen tons of 2.2k locks play better then him, same story now on his shaman.
    People call him dogroth for a reason, he's bad, having to play fotm and getting carried for his ranks.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Even at that he's bad. In cataclysm I've seen tons of 2.2k locks play better then him, same story now on his shaman.
    People call him dogroth for a reason, he's bad, having to play fotm and getting carried for his ranks.
    That's just a completely unnecessary assumption as nobody will take you seriously when you express it like that. He is definitely not the best player in the world becuase he constantly changes class, but one does not get R1, no matter what if they're playing on a 2.2k level. Stop being jealous of other people's success. I assume you're a Swifty hater as well ye?

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 02:46 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    I was rooting for the RLS in group A and the WLS in group B, so I am happy that both teams made it through. I'm also happy that Dogroth didn't make it through, because all that guy does it to play fotm while being arrogant as fuck.
    Yeah his behaviour against certain players can be exaggerated to say the least. But he wants to play at high ratings and that won't happen if you're playing a bad class.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 02:47 PM ----------

    They should've had the tournament next patch tbh

  7. #27
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,698
    Quote Originally Posted by Senathor View Post
    That's just a completely unnecessary assumption as nobody will take you seriously when you express it like that. He is definitely not the best player in the world becuase he constantly changes class, but one does not get R1, no matter what if they're playing on a 2.2k level. Stop being jealous of other people's success. I assume you're a Swifty hater as well ye?
    Yes, I can't stand swifty either. If I'd get 1 eu for every time he fails to spell reflect in one of his vids, I'd be a billionaire already... Swifty fanboiis I hate even more, can't see the difference between high skilled and average but popular.
    And I'm not jealous at him, I just get annoyed that he gets rank 1 by getting carried and having to play fotm, not because of his actual skills.

  8. #28

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Yes, I can't stand swifty either. If I'd get 1 eu for every time he fails to spell reflect in one of his vids, I'd be a billionaire already... Swifty fanboiis I hate even more, can't see the difference between high skilled and average but popular.
    And I'm not jealous at him, I just get annoyed that he gets rank 1 by getting carried and having to play fotm, not because of his actual skills.
    He hasn't even got Gladiator has he?

  10. #30
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,698
    Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    He hasn't even got Gladiator has he?
    Who, swifty or dogroth?
    Swifty doesn't afaik, dogroth is multi glad.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Who, swifty or dogroth?
    Swifty doesn't afaik, dogroth is multi glad.
    Oh I totally misread what you said, I thought you said Swifty got glad. Yeah, I know Dakkroth is multiglad (a couple of r1s too no?). Swifty is a random challenger hero who for some odd reason has a huge fanbase, although it's dwindling I think.

  12. #32
    Swifty isnt huge because he is a good pvper. He is huge because he is an entertainer and he has alot of fans which he interacts with.
    I personally dont think he is anything extraordinary but i cant understand how people dont grasp the reason he is e-famous.
    Im guessing that the swifty/athene-hate is 90% trolls and jealousy from kids and the rest is just people who really dislike him for some reason

  13. #33
    Over 9000! apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    9,600
    I am surprised with the amount of feral druids I saw, though I am saddened with eh amount of monks they have...
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Yes, I can't stand swifty either. If I'd get 1 eu for every time he fails to spell reflect in one of his vids, I'd be a billionaire already... Swifty fanboiis I hate even more, can't see the difference between high skilled and average but popular.
    And I'm not jealous at him, I just get annoyed that he gets rank 1 by getting carried and having to play fotm, not because of his actual skills.
    Yeah, Dakkroth finished 3rd in Blizzcon 2011 because he's an overrated player that's carried. I hate to break it to you, but did you read the part of your post where you say "can't see the difference between high skilled and average but popular"? You're one of them.

  15. #35
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,698
    Quote Originally Posted by Posokhov View Post
    Yeah, Dakkroth finished 3rd in Blizzcon 2011 because he's an overrated player that's carried. I hate to break it to you, but did you read the part of your post where you say "can't see the difference between high skilled and average but popular"? You're one of them.
    Yeah, watch his videos.
    Either he's playing fotm on the same skill level as your average 2.2k rated player, or playing with extremely unfair advantages playing like a 1.8k rated scrub.

    I feel bad whenever I watch him play on his shaman, in cata I ended up crying watching how he was getting carried to rank 1 by legendaries and overpowered trinkets.
    He's a good player, just not a rank 1 worthy player. Without the amazing instructions from his teammates, he would be left rotting at 2.2k rating. He just can't make decisions for himself, which was clearly seen in the yaspresent tournament where chrom got his ass server while he was sitting in cc with trink available.

    I'm not a rank 1 player, I don't bother with official tournaments, but I have 8 glad tittles on my warlock alone. I can see the difference between rank 1 worthy and good.
    He's good, just not good enough for what he has achieved. I've plenty of friends that just play casually at 2.2k rating that often enough say: "wow, how can someone with so many glad tittles still make such noobish mistakes?".

  16. #36
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    3,219
    The TR is being hotfixed to the current patch.

  17. #37
    the first qualifiers where a free pass for boetar and others. stacking 3 stacks and 2 shotting someone.
    the TR was not hotfixed for the first round of matches but since today they have patched the TR with all the recent changes.

    if the games are not played again then the people who qualified first are lucky. (specially the ones that benefited the most out it. aka mages 1 shot frost bomb / unpatched ignite glyph / warrior 3 stacks tfb..ect)

    wished blizzard where fast with this or the pvp community tried to get this fix in before the games started. what a shame

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by cexspa View Post
    the first qualifiers where a free pass for boetar and others. stacking 3 stacks and 2 shotting someone.
    the TR was not hotfixed for the first round of matches but since today they have patched the TR with all the recent changes.

    if the games are not played again then the people who qualified first are lucky. (specially the ones that benefited the most out it. aka mages 1 shot frost bomb / unpatched ignite glyph / warrior 3 stacks tfb..ect)

    wished blizzard where fast with this or the pvp community tried to get this fix in before the games started. what a shame
    I don't think it's as bad as you're making it out to be. There was only 2 teams with Warriors who went through, and no winning Mages or Druids. The only team who really took advantage was Boetar/Swapxy who played around the TfB stacks, playing defensive & waiting for stacks before popping all their CDs and 1shotting someone. The other Warrior team (who may have accidentally got stacks) didn't really revolve their play around it, because the lock was playing affli.

  19. #39
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    3,219
    So TSG and god comp goes through. Amazing games they had, I really liked those Turbo cleave vs god comp and TSG vs god comp. I really felt that TSG played on a much higher level than any of the other teams, sadly the comp is a bit underpowered (and therefore struggled against god comp).

    Very entertaining to watch. Will be super to watch the games tomorrow and sunday.
    Last edited by Funkthepunk; 2013-01-18 at 11:34 PM.

  20. #40
    I cried a little inside seeing how the only lock in the tournament was manhandled over and over and over again by the cleaves.

    The TSG vs god comp games were indeed incredibly fun to watch. I only watch tournaments sporadically but this was surprisingly enjoyable.


    also very funny how TSG barely surviving faction changed to human and started bringing the pain. op racial is op

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •