Thread: legendary gems

legendary gems

Hi everyone,

Hope someone has something to offer me way of suggestion on this.

i got the agi gem... i dont have the weapon.. old news..

i got the mace to drop and now i need the int one, so as per a GM told me at one time. drop the gem in your bank to be able to go buy another gem.. so i did.

now i hit up the prince and the vendor... none of em want to give me the gem for 10k.. i did all the rep quests obviously and the quests i'm up to Test of Valor.

i just put in a ticket for help... but anything from you would be appreciated.

asc

Mechagnome
    are you sure you checked the Valor vendor in Townlong Steppes ?

i just ported from there, i even put ALL in the filter and all i seen were valor gear and token gear.

am i lookin at it right? is there another option i am skipping on this vendor? i went to Oxheart.

the VP vendor has the gems for 9k gold.

not for me lol

I can confirm Commander Oxheart sells both the gem and the socket after you have completed the required quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    I can confirm Commander Oxheart sells both the gem and the socket after you have completed the required quests.

And I beleive you all on that , trust me but it's bugged for me i guess.

It probably still sees the gem in your bank, so it doesn't give you the option to buy a new one. If the ticket doesn't work out and you run out of options, you could try destroying the agility gem, buying the intellect gem, then using the Battle.net restoration service to get the agility gem back. I've never done that myself, though I don't know why it wouldn't work (you can restore just about anything you sell or destroy), but no guarentees.

oh you can restore it if i drop it out of my bags ?

Probably. Look up Item Restoration or something like that on Battle.net for all the details (you can only use it once per month, etc.). When I looked through my options, pretty much everything I'd vendored or destroyed since Mists came out was available for restoration. I've never destroyed a legendary gem, so I don't know for sure it can be restored, but I would imagine it would.

Of course, I'd wait until you get a response to the ticket. Maybe the GM will simply trade it out for you or something. I'd tery the item restoration as a last resort.

Quote Originally Posted by Inexorability View Post
    Probably. Look up Item Restoration or something like that on Battle.net for all the details (you can only use it once per month, etc.). When I looked through my options, pretty much everything I'd vendored or destroyed since Mists came out was available for restoration. I've never destroyed a legendary gem, so I don't know for sure it can be restored, but I would imagine it would.

Of course, I'd wait until you get a response to the ticket. Maybe the GM will simply trade it out for you or something. I'd tery the item restoration as a last resort.

You're a genius Inexorability, this worked!

Thank you!

Also, you dont have to delete your previous gem to buy another... i have an agi gem in my staff, and an int gem in my mace.