Poll: Will Velen's vision of Anduin Wrynn come true

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Velen's Vision

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Velen's Vision

Do you think we will get to witness Velen's vision of Anduin Wrynn .( When Velen turned to face Anduin, he had a sudden vision of a hero in gleaming armor, leading not just the Horde and Alliance, but the dragons and naaru as well in a battle against the Burning Legion. )

What? When did this happen?
    Do you have a link to more info on this?

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed I'd like to know aswell havent read any novels etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Nah, old man probably forgot to take his pills that day. Plus Velen is known to say many things most of dont make sense.

Deleted
    Knowing Blizzard, Thrall's child will lead us against Burning Legion.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Now there's a guy I'd follow.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    Wah? I know this is a simple post to bash Blizzard's story telling but if you think about it not enough time would pass for his child to mature to do anything like this.

/end killjoy moment.

Back on topic, yeah, most likely. Velen I think will start to go more towards the spotlight as this expansion comes to a close, leading up to the possible Burning Legion Xpack after this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Yeah, I would say if the next expansion is based around the Burning Legion we might see that vision come to pass. Anduin seems to be playing a much bigger role in the story now.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Now there's a guy I'd follow.
    +1 for Hobbit reference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    Thrall's child AND Anduin will save Azeroth from any threat

Hopefully I've quited WoW long before that time arrives

Deleted
    Velen might of had the vision, but i don't think many people would listen to him leading to it not coming true, as i don't think he has been mentioned since the shieldwall line, which he was not even seen in, and before that i think it was the cata pre-release we last actually saw him, hope they actually make him show up in MoP XD

10+ Year Old Account
    I would trust velen's visions far more then say Genn Greymanes, since Genns are usually brought on by eating to much cheese and becoming a bit of a farty wolf.

But back to Anduin, it really depends on how many years on wow's story will go. The vision was of him as an adult (possibly), so unless theres an accident with gnomes tempering with temporal anomalies, we're have to wait and see if the story goes that far.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Komati View Post
    What? When did this happen?
    Do you have a link to more info on this?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/lor...len/9#readmode

Instead of the prince, an armored warrior stood before him, his plate helm and breastplate shining with the essence of the Light itself. The warrior wielded a sword forged from the same material as the armor, held it aloft as he perched on an outcropping... Whether it was on another world or Azeroth, Velen couldn't quite tell. And suddenly the dark sky above erupted with the combined chivalry of Azeroth's races. The blood elves, orcs, trolls, tauren, and even the accursed undead and scheming goblins rode flying mounts of every sort and description. They were armored and armed in magical weaponry glowing with so much power it hurt Velen's eyes to look at them. Beside the legions of the Horde, the ancient night elves charged with humans, dwarves, and gnomes, whose ancestors formed the original Alliance, and the shape-changing worgen were united with them. Velen's own draenei bolstered the army, their ranks adorned in otherworldly metals and bearing crystalline maces and swords.

The Alliance and Horde were not alone.

Dragons swooped and soared in formations that made the sky resemble a giant multicolored, reptilian wing. They blanketed the horizon with their physical size and numbers, and when they roared a challenge, it shook not just the earth Velen stood on, but the universe as well.

And yet, for all this, the greatest shock to Velen's senses came as he saw those that flew just beyond the army of dragons. The naaru had taken the field, so many that Velen didn't understand how creation could contain them. The power of these beings of Light filled Velen's heart with hope, swept away the lonely centuries, and left him in wonder that he could ever despair, that the dark, no matter how terrible, could ever truly reign.

And then a shadow fell.

It was vast and empty and swallowed all light that entered it. Velen knew it would be all consuming until, at last, it would turn and devour itself, endlessly gnawing on nothing in the Great Dark Beyond, removing all meaning from the universe, from the most heart-breaking sonata to the most arresting sunset. It was too terrible to see, to comprehend, and yet the army headed straight for it. And the light began to fade...

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I would trust velen's visions far more then say Genn Greymanes, since Genns are usually brought on by eating to much cheese and becoming a bit of a farty wolf.

But back to Anduin, it really depends on how many years on wow's story will go. The vision was of him as an adult (possibly), so unless theres an accident with gnomes tempering with temporal anomalies, we're have to wait and see if the story goes that far.
    Well he's what, 14 or 16 now. So all things considered, another 1-2 expansions and Blizz can do it. I'm counting MoP as one of those, btw.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Well it does not say it is actually Anduin, but I am inclined to believe it is. I am also inclined to believe that this battle takes place on another world and it is not outland as Velen would recognise Outland.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Well he's what, 14 or 16 now. So all things considered, another 1-2 expansions and Blizz can do it. I'm counting MoP as one of those, btw.
    I guess by 18 he could be that kind of character. After all, Thrall freed the orcs and become warchief when he was around 18-20

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 05:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Well it does not say it is actually Anduin, but I am inclined to believe it is. I am also inclined to believe that this battle takes place on another world and it is not outland as Velen would recognise Outland.
    Telling you now, Argus, where fighting against the legion will need the combined power of the horde and alliance.
    It would go hand in hand with with wrathions vision to, if the legion returns and tries to take azeroth, so we take the battle to them.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    It would be epic if thrall's kid, Wrathion and anduin would team up against the Legion.
    But Med'an happened.

White Messiah ftw
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it is Anduin. I think it might be Med'an.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If Velen was such a great prophet, how did he not see the near annihilation of his race at the hands of the deceived orcs?

I don't pay his vision any heed.