Poll: Will Velen's vision of Anduin Wrynn come true

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Velen's Vision

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    He isn't a mary sue. You can't just call a character that because you don't like it. The only close to Mary Sue character is Med'an. And honestly I'd think if one has a flaw regardless of criticalness or not is still not a mary sue. People need to stop using the word Mary Sue as if it's a piece of candy Wrapper.
    Rhonin and Thrall are known Mary Sue's, and Anduin is dangerously coming close to becoming one aswell. Currently he has been way too unrealistic, he should've been dead the moment he went into Jade Forest alone. He's like one of those kids from E rated Disney movies, where he can be the savior of the world fighting against a full grown up, military trained army.

Anduin has been spoiled up till Cata, and look how he suddenly rises so quick in power during MoP. And been given so much screen time. This is how Thrall suffered in Cata aswell. I wouldn't be suprised if Anduin ends up killing Sargeras with Thrall...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    To be honest, i feel like everything in pandaria is leading us to the legion next expansion... wrathion talking about us having to fight together against our enemies (With his animation looking like infernals falling on azeroth..) and velen talking about anduin being the leader of the army of light against the burning legion..
    yes it leads to this, but not necessary in next expansion, Blizzard likes making surprises, and this is expected too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    as long as they write it well im fine with the little bugger leading an army

as long as he gets some military training..... i mean come on he knows nothing of war, goes up against the legion? you kiddin me

15+ Year Old Account
    Well of course it will be a human paladin. Humans are the superior race in WoW like in every single other franchise, duh. Also, he's gonna have an uber-sword. And fight for love.

Guis, Thrall's child and Anduin will become morphed into one giant super Mary sue construct, and together they will destroy evil!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    So long as it isn't med'an i don't care (I swear if med'an comes back i quit. i hate that lore-fart).

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    unrealistic
    Anduin's survival is unrealistic, but these things aren't? You're playing a fantasy game. It's a common trademark that every now and again a person with exceptional attunement to a certain element, in this case the Light, comes into the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Sindrasa View Post
    So long as it isn't med'an i don't care (I swear if med'an comes back i quit. i hate that lore-fart).
    Med'an has to come back first, before he can be killed off
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

I dunno I kinda like the idea. Just imagine how large that army is going to have to be to stand up to the Legion.

Varian leading Stormwind
    Muradin leading Ironforge
    Tyrande leading Darnassus
    Gelbin leading Gnomergan
    Velen leading The Exodar
    Greymane leading Gilneas
    Jaina leading Dalaran
    Chen leading the Pandaren
    Thrall leading Orgrimmar
    Vol'jin leading Echo Isles
    Baine leading Thunder Bluff
    Sylvanas leading The Undercity
    Lor'themar leading Silvermoon
    Gallywix leading Bildgewater
    Tirion leading The Argent Crusade
    Malfurion leading The Cenarion Circle
    Muln Earthfury leading The Earthen Ring
    Darion leading The Ebon Blade
    Bolvar leading the Scourge
    Alexstrasza leading the Red Dragonflight
    Ysera leading the Green Dragonflight
    Nozdormu leading the Bronze Dragonflight
    Kalecgos leading the Blue Dragonflight
    Wrathion leading the Black Dragonflight
    Illidan leading the Illidari Demon Hunters
    Akama leading the Broken
    Turalyon leading the Sons of Lothar
    Cenarius leading the Ancients
    Me'dan leading the Council of Tirisfal
    Thorim leading the Watchers
    A'dal leading the Naaru
    Algalon calling the Patheon
    And their combined forces lead by Auduin in his pure light armor.

And on the other side

Sargaras
    Kil'jaeden
    Archimonde (in ghosty spirit form)
    Talgath
    Fel'dan
    Mephistroth
    Mal'Ganis
    Balnazzar
    Varimathras
    Detheroc
    and an army of hundreds of millions of demons.
    Last edited by Qprah; 2013-01-14 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    a grown-ass orc striking down a teenage human ... no way he should have survived ... except via plot armor I guess ...
    He just popped PW:Shield which, after breaking, left him at 1HP. You just don't see him cast it because of Garrosh' particle effects ^^

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Calling it now, Varian dies in the Garrosh fight and Anduin becomes king. In the vision, he was wearing a king's armor! :P
    MoP is the Alliance's real time to shine, they're gonna come out bad ass and really have their "fist pump" moment.

And then Garrosh kills our leader that's gotten pretty much the only Alliance development for the last 3 expansions.

Yeah, that sounds like a grand idea...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qprahwndfury View Post

Wrathion leading the Black Dragonflight
    sorry dude, all the black dragons have been wiped out, as most now refer to wrathion as the last of his kind.. he arranged to have the remaining black dragons killed.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    sorry dude, all the black dragons have been wiped out, as most now refer to wrathion as the last of his kind.. he arranged to have the remaining black dragons killed.
    The dragonflights dont consist of only dragons, the blue's have mortal mages that protect them, greens have mortal druids etc. Wrathion has his own set of agents as well as the other black dragons that are unaccounted for, such as Sabellian. Although Wrathion would be the black dragonflight leader in name only, due to not really leading any dragons.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know thinking about it now, Prophet Skeram's vision came true so I don't understand how you guys can't trust Velen. When someone gives you a glimpse of future events and you deny it but it comes true anyway do you get pissed off or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lucizanito View Post
    You know thinking about it now, Prophet Skeram's vision came true so I don't understand how you guys can't trust Velen. When someone gives you a glimpse of future events and you deny it but it comes true anyway do you get pissed off or something?
    no usually they just say 'blizzard worked the game around that it soooo stupid!"
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qprahwndfury View Post
    The dragonflights dont consist of only dragons, the blue's have mortal mages that protect them, greens have mortal druids etc. Wrathion has his own set of agents as well as the other black dragons that are unaccounted for, such as Sabellian. Although Wrathion would be the black dragonflight leader in name only, due to not really leading any dragons.
    Wrathion taking over a clutch of drakonids is one way I could see them becoming a neutral playable race. Each one that joins the alliance and the horde are secret agents that he's seeding the factions with to more easily influence them.

Wrathion is going to help . Anduin Wrynn and Wrathion are going to change what we all belive , and make Azeroth a better place for all of the races

Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    He just popped PW:Shield which, after breaking, left him at 1HP. You just don't see him cast it because of Garrosh' particle effects ^^
    Disc Priests are kinda OP right now. If he stacked enough mastery I could see this working out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Plenty of "Alliance" heroes are completely neutral.
    At least they are still alive, neutrality is sort of Alliance "retirement". Horde "heroes" on the other hand have a nasty habit of ending up dead or as a boss encounter.