Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why not? Kalecgos seems to be a really nice character.
    I would date a dragon too, if they were existent and if I happen to like one.

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    Tyri has been dead for years. Since sunwell.

Felmyst = Tyri just to be clear.
    Except she appears in patch 4.3

In wyrmrest

Fully alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    After reaching adulthood, there are still varying levels of maturity that continue to develop throughout life. While it is different for different people, usually the older you are the more mature you become. There are plenty of adults in their 20s that are immature compared to a 40+.
    I'm aware-- I'm not really arguing between mature and immature, or between "level 1 mature" and "level 5 mature."

I'm simply arguing that saying that Jaina is in any way a "child" in this relationship is false.

10+ Year Old Account
    She should have taken up Kael's offer for that date in Silvermoon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm simply arguing that saying that Jaina is in any way a "child" in this relationship is false.
    Every human would seem like a child to an immortal dragon that is thousands of years old. oO

Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Turkey View Post
    Fantasy world full of magic.. and you're asking this? ><

Dragon can take on humanoid forms.. I would imagine they can um transform bits of their bodies to um fit certain other bits of the other sexes bodies.. ya know?

And down to Blizz whether they are able to have kids or not.

I'm surprised anyone can be shocked at this when we play a game full of creatures that don't actually exsist, so why is a dragon/human combo such a big issue? :P
    Or platonic relationship?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Every human would seem like a child to an immortal dragon that is thousands of years old. oO
    Not necessarily. I've met children who seem like adults and adults who seem like children. Physical age doesn't define a person's maturity, and maturity is really what counts when you're trying to define how old someone feels.

And keep in mind that counting physical age by years works both ways. An immortal dragon might still be a child after thousands of years.

I completely disagree, for reasons I've already stated in this thread. I think at this point, I'm going to have to give up, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Not necessarily. I've met children who seem like adults and adults who seem like children. Physical age doesn't define a person's maturity, and maturity is really what counts when you're trying to define how old someone feels.

And keep in mind that counting physical age by years works both ways. An immortal dragon might still be a child after thousands of years.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Linzo View Post
    Elune banged a stag.

just sayin'
    and had a kid, Cenarius ... and his son had kid's with princess in Mara ... the Centaur ... so Dragon/Human combo doesn't seem to far fetched at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

10+ Year Old Account
    That would make all humans seem like children to night elves and draenei.

You are confusing maturity with age. Shorter lived races would definitely have less experiences, but that doesn't influences in their cognitive functions and bilogical maturity.

Of course, longer lived races could call the "children" but their only argument would be bigotry.

To such a dragon, perhaps. But Kalec isn't thousands of years old, he's still pretty young for a dragon.

Besides, WoW dragons aren't immortal. Thousand years is a ripe age even for them, only the aspects had longer live

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    which is really impressive. Seriously, two alien species from entirely different corners of the universe were able to not only produce offspring, but VIABLE offspring, that was then able to produce offspring with a third alien species
    A Wizard did it. Only explanation fantasy universes need.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Besides, WoW dragons aren't immortal. Thousand years is a ripe age even for them, only the aspects had longer live
    Krasus was alive for over ten thousand years. o.O

Actually, from the sound of it Tyranastrasz was several tens of thousands of years old. Immortal or not, a thousand years would be very young to a dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    How does that even work?
    If you can get past the fact that you're dating a Dragon the rest is easy, they can all become Human(oids) so nothing strange about that part.

As far as children go, half-breed dragons (human with the ability to turn dragon... having it the other way around would be a very rough .. and scaly... labor... so)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm more concerned about how spiky dragon eggs are.

So much pain for Jaina's cooter.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jaina = Cathrine the Great?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post

It's not just about maturity, emotional or physical.

Shared life experiences are a HUGE deal. That's why Paris Hilton doesn't date Joe Hot-Pocket or when they do - like Larry Burket and Liz Taylor - it never works out. Or why people who graduate college are more apt to be with other people who have graduated college or heck, even why inter-racial couples are so rare.

Even if someone has experience paying rent, they may not have faced a choice between eating anything but ramen for the next week or being kicked out of their apartment. As you extend this particular line out over time and add more and more experiences it becomes that much harder to relate to people who haven't had similar ones.

Think about it, Kalecgos at this time has probably buried multiple friends - do remember dragons take a very active role in the day to day life of all the "mortal" species of Azeroth. He's Highlander and Jaina is just another brief fling, they'll be together for a few years but even if it lasts out her entire lifetime to Kalecgos she's nothing but "that time I spent about 60 years slumming it up with this hot human piece of ass." (Ok, yeah, I'm paraphrasing some added callousness in there pretty hard.)

If you don't believe me on this or want to just say "it's because the brain of a 19 year old isn't fully functioned" that's fine, but truth is that maturity and even empathy doesn't really have a lot to do with mate selection and success of a relationship. The ability to straight up relate to someone, to be able to talk to them about your cares, worries and future does.

If one party in a relationship is effectively immortal then there's just no way to bridge that gap as time passes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    I'm more concerned about how spiky dragon eggs are.

So much pain for Jaina's cooter.
    she can handle it, she has been through worse stuff throughout her life lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    It's not just about maturity, emotional or physical.

Shared life experiences are a HUGE deal. That's why Paris Hilton doesn't date Joe Hot-Pocket or when they do - like Larry Burket and Liz Taylor - it never works out. Or why people who graduate college are more apt to be with other people who have graduated college or heck, even why inter-racial couples are so rare.

Even if someone has experience paying rent, they may not have faced a choice between eating anything but ramen for the next week or being kicked out of their apartment. As you extend this particular line out over time and add more and more experiences it becomes that much harder to relate to people who haven't had similar ones.

Think about it, Kalecgos at this time has probably buried multiple friends - do remember dragons take a very active role in the day to day life of all the "mortal" species of Azeroth. He's Highlander and Jaina is just another brief fling, they'll be together for a few years but even if it lasts out her entire lifetime to Kalecgos she's nothing but "that time I spent about 60 years slumming it up with this hot human piece of ass." (Ok, yeah, I'm paraphrasing some added callousness in there pretty hard.)

If you don't believe me on this or want to just say "it's because the brain of a 19 year old isn't fully functioned" that's fine, but truth is that maturity and even empathy doesn't really have a lot to do with mate selection and success of a relationship. The ability to straight up relate to someone, to be able to talk to them about your cares, worries and future does.

If one party in a relationship is effectively immortal then there's just no way to bridge that gap as time passes.
    This is all evidence that the relationship will be difficult. This is all evidence that the relationship may not mean the same thing to Kalecgos as it does to Jaina.

This is not evidence that he would perceive her as a child.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I was including life experience when I said maturity (that's part of emotional maturity).

It's hard to say how accurate this is, though. We humans don't live tens of thousands of years. Humans in general live for roughly the same amount of time as each other. We don't have any real-life precedents of a relationship like this. We can make assumptions based on precedents that do exist based on our own lifespans, but the time gaps are going to be comparatively tiny.

To Kalec, his relationship with Jaina may just be a brief, forgettable moment in time a few thousand years down the line. Then again, a being that lives tens of thousands of years may not perceive time the same way we do, and his memories of Jaina thousands of years down the line may be very comparable to how a human would feel only a couple years after their spouse died.