Thread: PC Case

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

PC Case

Looking at ordering a new PC and the case is pretty important to me, as I like to monitor temps and keep them low, so a case with good airflow is a must.

I was thinking about http://www.scan.co.uk/products/corsa...g-case-w-o-psu does anyone have any experience with this?

I will most likely use Scan to build my PC, I don't fancy building it myself. If anyone else has recommended websites, feel free to post them.

10+ Year Old Account
    corsair's cases are pretty good

the current favorite at least around here is the Silverstone FT02

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/silve...window-w-o-psu

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.scan.co.uk/products/fract...fans-low-noise

I'm using the older R3 myself. Unless you want a very fancy LED filled light house I'd recommend taking a look at the
    Fractal Design cases. My other roommate has R4 and the other one has the XL full tower version.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Looking at ordering a new PC and the case is pretty important to me, as I like to monitor temps and keep them low, so a case with good airflow is a must.

I was thinking about http://www.scan.co.uk/products/corsa...g-case-w-o-psu does anyone have any experience with this?

I will most likely use Scan to build my PC, I don't fancy building it myself. If anyone else has recommended websites, feel free to post them.
    I have only good things to say about the Corsair 500R, it's the one I'm currently using (see my signature). The default fan setup and control profiles are great.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    corsair's cases are pretty good

the current favorite at least around here is the Silverstone FT02

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/silve...window-w-o-psu
    Yea I was torn between the FT02 and my RVO3 but I couldn't stand having the window on the (wrong) side :P

And yea Corsair do make some nice cases and you can't really go wrong in buying one

If you care about airflow and want to watercool your system a NZXT Switch810, the new phantom, Corsair obsidian 800D or a Cooler Master Cosmos 2 are the towers I consider to be the best ones right now. Honorable mention to Fractal Design for their big tower. If you got your pockets full of cash, look at the silverstone temjin 11.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 800D is horrible for watercooling (Air cooling sucks too), you can only use a 360 + 120mm rad in there, it was good when it came out ages ago, but it's not up to today's standards.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    The 800D is horrible for watercooling (Air cooling sucks too), you can only use a 360 + 120mm rad in there, it was good when it came out ages ago, but it's not up to today's standards.
    you can fit a thick 360 and a thick 240 if you know what you are doing

i had a 360, a 120 and a 140 in mine

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Deleted
    I have a feeling OP isn't looking for a case almost twice as costly as the one he linked, I also don't see any signs of wanting it for a water cooling setup especially considering he is having "Scan" build it for him. I could be wrong of course.

He was specifically asking for a case with good airflow/cooling, as it was important to him, to me that means he needs room for cable management and a bit of modularity. A standard 100$ case rarely provides any of this, if they do the build quality is questionable at best. Both the Switch and the Phantom are medium priced cases.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    He was specifically asking for a case with good airflow/cooling, as it was important to him, to me that means he needs room for cable management and a bit of modularity. A standard 100$ case rarely provides any of this, if they do the build quality is questionable at best. Both the Switch and the Phantom are medium priced cases.
    But the 500R he is asking about offers this and won't cost him 75-100% etxra. Asking for good airflow isn't = asking for water cooling. Especially considering he is looking to them build it for him. I'm sure if OP watches this thread he can answer that question. There are plenty of decent ~$100 cases with good airflow.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    The build quality on an Arc midi or R4 is rather higher than the Switch 810 you use, and they both cost 40-50 bucks less.

10+ Year Old Account
    i would also point out that good airflow =/= fans everywhere (laughing at the HAF series here)

fans everywhere does mean more noise though

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/antec...window-w-o-psu

Used this case for a build for my Cousin. Nice airflow, decent cable management and was pretty quiet till I turned up one of the front fans. The front 2 fans have a little nob that you can turn to adjust. Also has switches in the back for the other 3 speed fans.

Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post
    I'm using the older R3 myself. Unless you want a very fancy LED filled light house I'd recommend taking a look at the
    Fractal Design cases. My other roommate has R4 and the other one has the XL full tower version.
    I agree with Juzalol, personally I don't like those LED filled cases, but simple can be fancy too .

I have R4 and very happy with it. It's large but small, if you know what i mean and those usb ports (2 usb 2.0 + 2x usb 3.0) at top of case are very good and easy.
    Last edited by Lintu; 2013-01-14 at 11:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fractal's cases would be perfect if they got rid of the stupid side fan grill, it completely ruins the look of the case and add no benefit

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    Fractal's cases would be perfect if they got rid of the stupid side fan grill, it completely ruins the look of the case and add no benefit
    Οn the contrary, it helps with cooling and makes the case look rather cool. Seems to me that you have rather poor taste as well as no clue as to how much it helps with cooling.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Οn the contrary, it helps with cooling and makes the case look rather cool. Seems to me that you have rather poor taste as well as no clue as to how much it helps with cooling.
    Whether or not you agree with somebody, "coolness" is subjective. Some people think the HAF cases look "cool", I think they look tacky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    im pretty sure TTL tested this a while back and found that side panel fans only drop GPU temps by 1-2 degrees

if the case is properly designed in the first place, a side panel fan adds nothing, if you want proof, ask any FT02 user, temps are actually cooler with the side panel on, than with it off

also, i have clue, it's in the closet beneath monopoly and sorry