Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Why would you ever CC in a level 85 dung? Oo When leveling and I see a tank mark for CC I ignore them too.... just slowing the dungeon down needlessly - unless you are geared in grays there is really no need for it. Interrupts on the other hand - which you have as a tank - whole different ball game. Just kill the shit, stun/int on cast and vote kick slow tanks.

I think every time a player interupts they are rewarded with gold

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    How can people still think making threads that are essentially basing their entire point on one dungeon or LFR is a good idea
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you ever CC in a level 85 dung?
    He is talking about heroics.
    CC is mandatory in non twilight cata dungeons, esp when you enter them with leveling gear.
    They also have a lot of instagib mechanics.

I blasted through every dungeon, while leveling my Huntress. Yet I wiped multiple times in throne of tides lawl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Funnily enough I think the answer to this sort of problem is to have a true action combat system, like Tera, Much less forgiving and people who are so bad as that, or bots, are just going to die and not get very far. Not that it can be implemented in WoW, but something for future MMO's to think about.
    That can also prove problematic for people with older computers or slower connections--WoW's combat is extremely forgiving in that regard, and I've little doubt that the fact that you can run WoW on a toaster if you really wanted to it part of why it's so popular.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    I can understand people not CC'ing in instances. It's not necessary at all even in lvl 90 content. What's really fucking stupid is how nobody uses interrupts.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    I can understand people not CC'ing in instances. It's not necessary at all even in lvl 90 content. What's really fucking stupid is how nobody uses interrupts.
    Trust me CC is needed. I usually pull around 25-30k DPS on trash but the rest usually dont even break 10k. The healer mobs in Heroic Throne of Tides and also Vortex Pinnacle can heal faster than you can DPS. Also yes I have a rupt and its on a 10 second CD. When the mobs are trying to heal every 3-4 seconds that can be problematic.

Also why are people standing up for bad players? If instead of taking their side we all rode their ass maybe they would actually get better. But the way most people probably view this game is "OK that guy is over geared I can sit here and drink a beer while watching TV and just auto follow someone and we will still finish" I dont care if its not a Heroic Raid. You should still be going 100% as if it was. Lazy people have no place in this world or in a game. If you want to drag groups down then just play console RPGs where you dont have to interact with anyone else. If this was a game like Everquest these people would get blacklisted and would never get groups but in WoW the system rewards bad players and still lets them get groups. So they think "Why should I bother learning to play when I can still get the same rewards as that guy playing well" The system is flawed in rewarding bad players when they should get nothing.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2013-01-12 at 07:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If instead of taking their side we all rode their ass maybe they would actually get better.
    The average video game player in this day and age doesn't have the interest to grow. Either he can beat the game or he will cheat / abuse or just not continue playing.

The folks that accept challenges and try to better themselves are NOT the majority of gamers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Trust me CC is needed. I usually pull around 25-30k DPS on trash but the rest usually dont even break 10k. The healer mobs in Heroic Throne of Tides and also Vortex Pinnacle can heal faster than you can DPS. Also yes I have a rupt and its on a 10 second CD. When the mobs are trying to heal every 3-4 seconds that can be problematic.

Also why are people standing up for bad players? If instead of taking their side we all rode their ass maybe they would actually get better. But the way most people probably view this game is "OK that guy is over geared I can sit here and drink a beer while watching TV and just auto follow someone and we will still finish" I dont care if its not a Heroic Raid. You should still be going 100% as if it was. Lazy people have no place in this world or in a game. If you want to drag groups down then just play console RPGs where you dont have to interact with anyone else. If this was a game like Everquest these people would get blacklisted and would never get groups but in WoW the system rewards bad players and still lets them get groups. So they think "Why should I bother learning to play when I can still get the same rewards as that guy playing well" The system is flawed in rewarding bad players when they should get nothing.
    Stuns and shit should be used. I meant more long term CC not being needed, like poly, trap, banish, hex. The long CC's aren't even used in challenge modes except in very specific situations.

I've been wondering how people in pug heroics are doing such terrible DPS, and then I actually started paying attention to their character for a good while. Last night, there was a Draenei mage doing 9k DPS. He would cast a frostbolt, then spin around 3-4 times in a whirl, lost I'm assuming, then cast Ice Barrier and summon a Water Elemental. Then he'd look at the Water Elemental for a few seconds before finally turning to the boss and casting another Frost Bolt.

I have to assume a person like that bought their account, a minor is playing it... or well, they have other issues.

A) They may have been new.
    B) Not thought that they still needed CC's in old dungeons.
    C) Simply not cared.

if you want to know how people can be so bad, there's a simple way to understand it:

get a brush, some paint... and try to paint this with every single detail. see how good or bad you'll be.

you see, when people do something they haven't learned how to do it yet, they are usually bad at it. maybe those people were new to the game, or maybe they were rerolling to a completely different class. maybe they were relearning to play after a long "cata-is-bad-and-sad" break. you never know.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    if you want to know how people can be so bad, there's a simple way to understand it:

get a brush, some paint... and try to paint this with every single detail. see how good or bad you'll be.

you see, when people do something they haven't learned how to do it yet, they are usually bad at it. maybe those people were new to the game, or maybe they were rerolling to a completely different class. maybe they were relearning to play after a long "cata-is-bad-and-sad" break. you never know.
    Really? Are you seriously comparing something that requires ACTUAL talent to accomplish to playing a video game that anyone with the correct number of fingers and working eyes can accomplish?

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 02:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Stuns and shit should be used. I meant more long term CC not being needed, like poly, trap, banish, hex. The long CC's aren't even used in challenge modes except in very specific situations.
    Maybe they should be used. One thing I loved about playing a Monk back in the day in Everquest was having to split pulls and break up groups of mobs. But I guess the new trend in MMOs is remove all skill and class knowledge and just make things AoE faceroll parties.

Really? Are you seriously comparing something that requires ACTUAL talent to accomplish to playing a video game that anyone with the correct number of fingers and working eyes can accomplish?
    it may be that easy for you, but not for others. I myself can't play on keybinds. I just don't have the required coordination for it. heck, I've been typing texts all my life (22 y.o.), yet I can't type without looking at the keyboard. that makes the game harder for me. maybe you think the game requires 0 talent because you have the necessary talent to play it well and easily, yet you can't see that talent yourself.

painting is also all about practice. even if you don't have talent, all you have to do is to practice until you gather enough skill

EDIT: it may take talent to create a masterpiece, but I didn't ask you to create one, but merely copy a pre-existing one. all that takes is practice.
    Last edited by checking facts; 2013-01-12 at 07:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    it may be that easy for you, but not for others. I myself can't play on keybinds. I just don't have the required coordination for it. heck, I've been typing texts all my life (22 y.o.), yet I can't type without looking at the keyboard. that makes the game harder for me. maybe you think the game requires 0 talent because you have the necessary talent to play it well and easily, yet you can't see that talent yourself.

painting is also all about practice. even if you don't have talent, all you have to do is to practice until you gather enough skill
    There are also cognitive requirements for playing video games. Your brain has to be able to process and filter all the information on the screen. Some people just aren't good at it either due to physical/mental deficiencies or lack of practice.

The same is true of painting. Some people just don't have the motor control to paint well, no matter how much they practice.

10+ Year Old Account
    You couldn't find a better resolution? Pic is too tiny. Sorry, can't draw from crap like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    You couldn't find a better resolution? Pic is too tiny. Sorry, can't draw from crap like that.
    that was the best one I could find. sorry about the quality lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Tera IS an MMORPG, anyway it was just an off the top of my head idea, not saying every MMO should use that path.

I noticed in my small time in Tera though that I didn't really come across people like this at higher levels.
    Tera is miles more difficult to play than WoW. If wow wants to return to having players that know their class when they hit max lvl they have to make lvling harder again. Make people die when they fail.

Deleted
    Lol man you were unlucky that i stopped doing 85 heroics on my twink since few days.. if not you would have had another nice experience , i am sorry .

Anyways yes... its unbelieavable how can people still not know many of the istances.. but i have stopped caring since ages, i just carry them and then repeat.

Saves you lot of acid in the stomach.

So first you complain about how bad people are, and now you're saying that playing this game does not require talent, thereby inferring that, as you say, "anyone with the correct number of fingers and working eyes can accomplish"?

OK. Let us know when you settle on an argument.