Deleted

Buying New Computer.

Okay, My alienware has been done in.. my own fault for buying a laptop when I'm never going to move it anywhere.
    So because I'm still paying it off I'm looking for a cheap/ish computer £700 is really my limit. I'll just be using it for World of Warcraft/Diablo 3 and possibly GW2 if I can be bothered playing it again.

I dont know ANYTHING about computers so I'm just posting this for some feedback, so some of what I post may be irrelevant, I just dont know.

Power: Corsair XC500 500W
    Processor: Intel Core i3 3220 3.3Ghz
    RAM: 8GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz/PC12800
    Motherboard: Asus P8B75-M LX
    Graphics card: AMD/ATI Radeon HD 7850 2GB
    Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 500GB Hard Drive 7200rpm 16MB Cache

Would this be decent enough to play on Ultra without any major problems?
    and for what price should this normally cost? dont want to be get ripped off

10+ Year Old Account
    Pricing this out, it comes to about £400. So I'm a bit confused.

Are you paying £700 for this setup, or are you not including Case/OS/DVD/Monitor in the post, but included in price? What are the prices you're getting for those parts? It might be worthwhile to upgrade to an i5 if you can afford it.

Deleted
    This is including the monitor and everything else, just wasnt sure what to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hard to tell if you're getting ripped off without the full costs of things. The system is fine, however I feel like if you're under budget, there are changes that could be made.

only change I would make is get an i5 as well. i3 would be enough in most cases but MMO's can get quite intense on the CPU when there are a lot of people around plus the i5 would help with multitasking while gaming.

7850 is perfect for the games you play if you are on somewhat of a budget. It will be able to max out the graphics of such games quite easily and handle a lot of nearby players as well.

everything else looks fine, you just need to figure out the pricing issue I suppose.
    Last edited by Asurakai; 2013-01-12 at 06:56 PM.

Deleted
    Power: Corsair XC500 500W
    Processor: Intel Core i3 3220 3.3Ghz
    RAM: 8GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz/PC12800
    Motherboard: Asus P8B75-M LX
    Graphics card: AMD/ATI Radeon HD 7850 2GB
    Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 500GB Hard Drive 7200rpm 16MB Cache
    Case: Xigmatek Asgard
    Case Fans: 2 x Xigmatek Crystal Blue LED

Not sure if I missed anything. The monitor I already own and it total that lot comes to £621.99

i5 changes the total to around £690
    Last edited by mmoce4fd1a8c77; 2013-01-12 at 07:03 PM.

so it sounds like you aren't buying a monitor with that setup then

I got a max of $810 on newegg with an i5 3570k processor and £690 is equivalent to around $1,100 if I am correct.

so its $300 more than it should be ($200 if your OS comes with a reusable code) meaning either its way overpriced, you live in a whacked out area, or there is a miscommunication and you are also getting a $200-300 monitor with everything you just listed.
    Last edited by Asurakai; 2013-01-12 at 08:37 PM.