What happens if I cancel my subscription before my 6 month period ends?

I'm having some financial problems at the moment, and I bought the 6 month plan for Rift. I have 136 days remaining.
    I use Paypal and I can easily cancel it via Paypal, but what happens if I do?

Should I call them and ask for my account to be closed immediatly or what would you recommend? Or can I simply cancel it through Paypal without any problems?

you can easily cancel your account subscription. however since you always pay for a subscription in advance you still have 136 worth of playtime. but you won't be charged after that period ends

15+ Year Old Account
    If you chose a 6 month plan you've already paid for all 6 months, there's nothing to cancel. For multi-month plans you pay for all of them as a lump sum at the start. Cancelling now would just stop a new payment from being made for another 6 months when the current one expires.

10+ Year Old Account
    You'll get the play the rest of the 6-month period and after that, your account won't be able to log into the game until you renew. You might be able to get your payment refunded for the remaining time if you give their billing a call and explain your situation, emphasis on might.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by albatross1 View Post
    you can easily cancel your account subscription. however since you always pay for a subscription in advance you still have 136 worth of playtime. but you won't be charged after that period ends
    Quote Originally Posted by Kromtar View Post
    If you chose a 6 month plan you've already paid for all 6 months, there's nothing to cancel. For multi-month plans you pay for all of them as a lump sum at the start. Cancelling now would just stop a new payment from being made for another 6 months when the current one expires.
    I thought it billed me every month?
    So you're saying that I have allready payed for the 6 months? I don't remember them charging 60£, but I might be wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Screamo View Post
    I thought it billed me every month?
    So you're saying that I have allready payed for the 6 months? I don't remember them charging 60£, but I might be wrong.
    If you changed to 6 months during your last billing cycle the next renewal date will charge you for 6 months. If you've canceled now you won't get charged and your sub will just lapse.
    Last edited by Azuri; 2013-01-12 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    If you changed to 6 months during your last billing cycle the next renewal date will charge you for 6 months. If you've canceled now you won't get charged and your sub will just lapse.
    Okay, thanks. Right now I need to use as little as possible, so it's a good thing I don't have to pay again.

Yeah, a subscription for Rift isn't like a contract for a cellphone. A 6 month game sub is paid upfront, not a commitment to continue paying for 6 months.