• Yay

50 7.28%
  • Nay

637 92.72%
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Adramalech's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    Probably one of the worst ideas ever, to come from the player base.
    And we haven't even hit the middle of the first month of the year.

To be honest, I don't think any idea that involves making flying mounts more limited, removing them (from all zones, one continent, whatever) will be well received, and rightfully so. There will be no-flying zones every now and then, like Quel'danas, Molten Front and the Isle of the Thunder King, but other than that, don't expect anything significant to happen to flying mounts.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2013-01-12 at 08:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    All they need to do is remove it from Azeroth (minus northrend and pandaria) then itl be fixed.
    This implies that there is a problem that actually needs fixing.

OT: I do not want to spend "gold per second" when I've just spent thousands of gold to learn the skill just to be able to fly. I've also already spent loads of time levelling up so I don't need a time limit on my flying, thanks.

Rarely updated...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    When are these guys going to get it through their head.

Who's experience are you trying to alter, anyway? If YOU wanna ride, ride. If you hate flying, don't do it unless it's completely necessary. Why would you care what anyone else was doing. You're worried about world PVP? Sorry, that was gone ages ago. There's plenty of other games that have it, however. You're free to enjoy those.

Seriously though, with all due respect, you seem to have an issue and you're going to have to get over it.
    This 1000000%

The Lightbringer thunderdragon2's Avatar
    how about we do the opposite and remove ground mounts?

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    how about we do the opposite and remove ground mounts?
    Hear, hear!

Every new "remove/make-shitty-one-way-or-another flying" thread has an increasing percentage of no votes. Maybe I should keep making them till it reaches 100%?

Terrible idea. if you want to pay to get somewhere flight route is your friend.

I really wouldn't mind a timer on flying, like the system in (Aion?) where you had limited time to fly and your fly bar regen over time causing you to land for a bit, I love that. Just think of your mounts having to rest haha it makes sense right?

It is clear that something must be done with the flying mounts... and it is also clear that whatever the solution it will not be pleasant.

Of course eliminate them is not the right thing and I believe that restrict or penalize their use neither is it the best option.

Honestly I only find two drawbacks related with the flying mounts:

• They prevent the full enjoyment of the environment. To which I can not think any solution, besides the already given by Blizzard: prevent the use of flying mounts in zones that we have not yet explored on foot.
    • They create frustrations in the PVP context. To which occurs to me that perhaps we should have tools to bring down flying preys (recalling the Warcraft 3) or methods to spur our mounts so we can reach our target. Defensively I can only think in a system for us to realize that a flying enemy approaches.

or just ban you from the game. Flying will happen like always and we we dont have to listen to stupid ideas like this.

If you wanna ride around and have an epic experience, go ahead.

I like my flying mounts, i farmed my ass off for them, and i will enjoy them.
    It is clear that something must be done with the flying mounts... and it is also clear that whatever the solution it will not be pleasant.
    Why MUST something be done? I enjoyed the environment when i levelled up and had to run everywhere. When i got to 90 i could fly again, and since now my goal was to get everywhere quick and make most use of my time, examining all the pretty bushes was not my highest priority. Nothing NEEDS to be done at all.
    Last edited by Jess Day; 2013-01-12 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    No, it's not clear. Because there is nothing wrong with flying mounts. You people are creating problems, which aren't real. If you want to have the "full enjoyment" of the environment then by all means just walk, or use your ground mount.
    End SJW
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    I fucking hate this LGBT and gender equality shit invading video games.

I'm rich enough for such an idea to not bother me much in case it should be put in practice.

But what about the guys who barely manage to pay for their repair costs? (Yes, not everyone has thousands of gold lying around).

the ideas people try to come up from a MINORITY to force something THEY dont like on the MAJORITY who enjoys flying is incredible
    IF YOU DONT LIKE FLYING DONT USE IT simple as that....

Quote Originally Posted by Britovsky View Post
    So there is this debate about the impact of flying mounts on the epicness of WoW experience, sense of danger that the outside world should have and the PvP factor for many realms.
    I see where this is going. How about being flagged in contested zones has a rate too? 10/g a minute, if you run out of gold while that happens your gear gets stripped off and sold automatically, cheapest to most expensive. Might as well put that out there since more of these ridiculous ideas keep coming forth. If you are looking for an excuse to get out into the world and disregard all the countless things blizzard has implemented, then it's on you. Having to ride around or ride to dungeon instance portals won't change anything in a positive direction. If you're on a pvp realm and don't think there's enough world pvp from rares, world bosses, quest objectives that cross over etc. you are on a dead realm or blind.

I can always count on MMO posters to come up with an idea so idiotic that makes me realize my team losing is not the end of the world, after all, I could be like you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevra View Post
    It's a #$^&*@ fantasy game. You're a blue space goat riding around on flying serpents killing dragons the size of continents. And you're wondering why a gryphon doesn't look like an eagle?

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Honestly I only find two drawbacks related with the flying mounts:

• They prevent the full enjoyment of the environment. To which I can not think any solution, besides the already given by Blizzard: prevent the use of flying mounts in zones that we have not yet explored on foot.
    • They create frustrations in the PVP context. To which occurs to me that perhaps we should have tools to bring down flying preys (recalling the Warcraft 3) or methods to spur our mounts so we can reach our target. Defensively I can only think in a system for us to realize that a flying enemy approaches.
    That's your opinion, and frankly, I think it sucks. Stop passing it off as if it were "legitimate issues" needing to be addressed

jesus man.. if you dont like the mount, dont use it.
    My SoundCloud.
    Take a look and comment!

The problem of not enjoying the environment does not hurt the players, if not to Blizzard itself: as a designer, is a great frustration to see that no one can see your work and that no one can fully appreciate it.

In short: there is a serious problem with flying mounts, in fact if Blizzard could go back in time, the flying mounts would never had been introduced in the game.

i already paid for flying why should i pay more, if you dont like flying then dont fly

Another reason to make me go make gold?

I'll pass...