Poll: Flying on WoW should have a cost per second

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I love how ppl wanna force THEIR opinion on everyone else.
    Just me or have these kind of "i dont like flying mounts" threads been poping up a lot the past few days
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

15+ Year Old Account
    No no no no and no. terrible idea!

Deleted
    I absolutely hate flying mounts, and I play on a pve realm.

A cost per second is not the way to fix it though - flying mounts shouldn't have been added, but the cats out of the bag now - removing them isn't an option and fixes like that are just asinine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Just me or have these kind of "i dont like flying mounts" threads been poping up a lot the past few days
    They have indeed. They all yield the same results, yet people still insist on making new ones. Repeating the same thing over and over, expecting different results is madness. No wonder their ideas are so bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Considering you didnt play in vanilla or bc your opinion doesnt have much ground.
    your welcome to keep thinking that, but it is true world PVP near enough died the day the BG patch came out, there was a hand full of exceptions with people being artificially forced into a small area so they would fight, but for the most part it was dead as it had no reward at all in comparison BG's.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it's rather Silly. It's been what, 5 years since flying mounts have been added? Are people really still crying about them being added? Like seriously? Damn get over it already, they didn't kill anything, the fact that there's no point in going outside the cities anymore is what killed it. There's still world pvp, you just have to go out and find it, there's also still danger in the world, as no one is forcing you to use flying mounts, except of course the areas where it's needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Not you, I think this is the 3rd or 4th of this very exact topic.

You know, somewhere in heaven a horse would like to have a word with the OP!
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

Gold is not a resource that makes any sense in this connection. If there was a depleting resource, it would have to be something tied solely on the mounts themselves, such as endurance for most flying mounts, fuel for the mechanical ones, and so on.

All in all, flying that is based on a resource wouldn't be a very popular design. It would less convenient than the current model which is a big factor to many players.

It's still not a completely worthless concept. It can fit perfectly some (MMO)RPGs that emphasize different aspects than WoW does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Impacts the fear of pvp?

I don't know about you guys, but my level 50 monk is terrified of anything that flies above her head. Much more afraid of the alliance flying over than the alliance running by.

Quote Originally Posted by Belimawr View Post
    considering there was pretty much no world PVP in vanilla WoW after BG's got added, it would seem your barking up the wrong tree if you think flying is the only reason for no world PVP.
    Maybe on your server. I played on a young server at the time (released only a couple months before AQ in patch 1.9) with a medium-low pop and world pvp was PLENTY alive throughout vanilla despite it being a pve server. World PvP did not fully die out until after BC but it did dwindle considerably with faster queue times via battlegroups and arena. I did however have tons of battles over Halaa during BC and some daily quest hubs would flare up on occasion (Isle).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Britovsky View Post
    That would make flying mounts to be there just to be used as a last resorts for many and create incentives to use ground mounts more often. That is how it happens in RL actually, you just cannot keep flying forever.
    I dont believe how you could bring up RL situations in this? That is just stupid imo.

Deleted
    Probably one of the worst ideas ever, to come from the player base.

Deleted
    I smell troll

Please don't post for the sole purpose of calling another user a troll. Thanks!
    Last edited by Daetur; 2013-01-12 at 08:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmother View Post
    I dont believe how you could bring up RL situations in this? That is just stupid imo.
    I was just about to say that.

By the logic of "you can't keep flying forever" would also have to go against being able to never die when you get down to the nitty gritty. You die, you get rez'd, you run back to your body, or you pay a spirit money that it somehow keeps to live again at that location.

Welp, might as well start going Hardcore WoW, if you can't afford to live, you just stay dead! I mean, that's how it works in RL right? When you die you die! For reals this time!

BIG NOPE . You already pay to use them by buying license and seriously would you like more riding trough the enormous zones in pandaria ? doing it one time is enough

What is with all these fucking stupid "get rid of flying" topics recently?
    Why didn't they stop when, in the very first one, 77% of people said that they were perfectly happy with flying mounts and don't want them tampered with?
    It's been like two days, nobody is going to have changed their mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have already spent 70k on 10 toons to get flying on them, why in the name of Nicklas Lidström should I pay more when I've already paid enough gold for flying?

Also if you do not like flying OP, stop using flying mounts!
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
    Bill Shankly
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month".
    Herb Brooks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    Probably one of the worst ideas ever, to come from the player base.
    And we haven't even hit the middle of the first month of the year.

To be honest, I don't think any idea that involves making flying mounts more limited, removing them (from all zones, one continent, whatever) will be well received, and rightfully so. There will be no-flying zones every now and then, like Quel'danas, Molten Front and the Isle of the Thunder King, but other than that, don't expect anything significant to happen to flying mounts.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2013-01-12 at 08:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    When are these guys going to get it through their head.

Who's experience are you trying to alter, anyway? If YOU wanna ride, ride. If you hate flying, don't do it unless it's completely necessary. Why would you care what anyone else was doing. You're worried about world PVP? Sorry, that was gone ages ago. There's plenty of other games that have it, however. You're free to enjoy those.

Seriously though, with all due respect, you seem to have an issue and you're going to have to get over it.
    This 1000000%

how about we do the opposite and remove ground mounts?