Poll: Flying on WoW should have a cost per second

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    how about we do the opposite and remove ground mounts?
    Hear, hear!

Every new "remove/make-shitty-one-way-or-another flying" thread has an increasing percentage of no votes. Maybe I should keep making them till it reaches 100%?

Terrible idea. if you want to pay to get somewhere flight route is your friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really wouldn't mind a timer on flying, like the system in (Aion?) where you had limited time to fly and your fly bar regen over time causing you to land for a bit, I love that. Just think of your mounts having to rest haha it makes sense right?

10+ Year Old Account
    It is clear that something must be done with the flying mounts... and it is also clear that whatever the solution it will not be pleasant.

Of course eliminate them is not the right thing and I believe that restrict or penalize their use neither is it the best option.

Honestly I only find two drawbacks related with the flying mounts:

• They prevent the full enjoyment of the environment. To which I can not think any solution, besides the already given by Blizzard: prevent the use of flying mounts in zones that we have not yet explored on foot.
    • They create frustrations in the PVP context. To which occurs to me that perhaps we should have tools to bring down flying preys (recalling the Warcraft 3) or methods to spur our mounts so we can reach our target. Defensively I can only think in a system for us to realize that a flying enemy approaches.

or just ban you from the game. Flying will happen like always and we we dont have to listen to stupid ideas like this.

Deleted
    If you wanna ride around and have an epic experience, go ahead.

I like my flying mounts, i farmed my ass off for them, and i will enjoy them.
    It is clear that something must be done with the flying mounts... and it is also clear that whatever the solution it will not be pleasant.
    Why MUST something be done? I enjoyed the environment when i levelled up and had to run everywhere. When i got to 90 i could fly again, and since now my goal was to get everywhere quick and make most use of my time, examining all the pretty bushes was not my highest priority. Nothing NEEDS to be done at all.
    Last edited by mmoc71776687c4; 2013-01-12 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    No, it's not clear. Because there is nothing wrong with flying mounts. You people are creating problems, which aren't real. If you want to have the "full enjoyment" of the environment then by all means just walk, or use your ground mount.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm rich enough for such an idea to not bother me much in case it should be put in practice.

But what about the guys who barely manage to pay for their repair costs? (Yes, not everyone has thousands of gold lying around).

Deleted
    the ideas people try to come up from a MINORITY to force something THEY dont like on the MAJORITY who enjoys flying is incredible
    IF YOU DONT LIKE FLYING DONT USE IT simple as that....

Quote Originally Posted by Britovsky View Post
    So there is this debate about the impact of flying mounts on the epicness of WoW experience, sense of danger that the outside world should have and the PvP factor for many realms.
    I see where this is going. How about being flagged in contested zones has a rate too? 10/g a minute, if you run out of gold while that happens your gear gets stripped off and sold automatically, cheapest to most expensive. Might as well put that out there since more of these ridiculous ideas keep coming forth. If you are looking for an excuse to get out into the world and disregard all the countless things blizzard has implemented, then it's on you. Having to ride around or ride to dungeon instance portals won't change anything in a positive direction. If you're on a pvp realm and don't think there's enough world pvp from rares, world bosses, quest objectives that cross over etc. you are on a dead realm or blind.

Deleted
    I can always count on MMO posters to come up with an idea so idiotic that makes me realize my team losing is not the end of the world, after all, I could be like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Honestly I only find two drawbacks related with the flying mounts:

• They prevent the full enjoyment of the environment. To which I can not think any solution, besides the already given by Blizzard: prevent the use of flying mounts in zones that we have not yet explored on foot.
    • They create frustrations in the PVP context. To which occurs to me that perhaps we should have tools to bring down flying preys (recalling the Warcraft 3) or methods to spur our mounts so we can reach our target. Defensively I can only think in a system for us to realize that a flying enemy approaches.
    That's your opinion, and frankly, I think it sucks. Stop passing it off as if it were "legitimate issues" needing to be addressed

Deleted
    jesus man.. if you dont like the mount, dont use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem of not enjoying the environment does not hurt the players, if not to Blizzard itself: as a designer, is a great frustration to see that no one can see your work and that no one can fully appreciate it.

In short: there is a serious problem with flying mounts, in fact if Blizzard could go back in time, the flying mounts would never had been introduced in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    i already paid for flying why should i pay more, if you dont like flying then dont fly

15+ Year Old Account
    Another reason to make me go make gold?

I'll pass...

In my view flying mounts should be removed, and replaced with a teleport system similar to Guild Wars 2. That said, removing it from WoW will cause a shitstorm and wont be worth it with this community.

Ah the flying mounts argument, does anyone remember the complaints from before where it took to ages to travel anywhere? Now not to break blizzards bubble but the whole enjoyment of the environment is a bad argument, I've seen Pandaria once when they forced me to quest on ground mounts to level 90 and 90% if the time i was wishing I could fly (other 10% was debating snack options). Now I know most blizz developers truly believe WoW fans see there art work and immediately start pleasuring themselves to it but we don't.

Now if they truly want a way to stop the fight between flying and not lets go for ground mount only realms with a one off free transfer per account. Do this and hopefully the ground mount huggers can shut up and let me fly where I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    the ideas people try to come up from a MINORITY to force something THEY dont like on the MAJORITY who enjoys flying is incredible
    IF YOU DONT LIKE FLYING DONT USE IT simple as that....
    so completely true. And also why such a high cost?

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love these "HURR LETS PRETEND WE ARE MAKING THE GAME MORE HARDCORE BY ASKING THEM TO REMOVE LONG STANDING CONVENIENCES BECAUSE TEDIUM == HARDCORE!" fads that pop up from time to time.

Remember pre-Cata and people trumpeting how the removal of the Dalaran/Shat portals was somehow going to make the game soooo much better and make people actually get out in the world instead of sitting in the Dalaran? So how'd that work out? Oh yeah, people just hung out in SW/Org instead.