Poll: Flying on WoW should have a cost per second

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    That would be hilarious on a PvP server, see how they like their World PvP then, though I could see some of the more hardcore PvP players making guilds with a tag like that just to incite rage and WPvP.
    Then everybody wins!

will people just stop with this bullshit? blizzard already made the solution no flying till max level in new content and no flying in certain areas.

THATS THE SOLUTION. now please stop it
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    I bet at least 80% of the people who say they want flying removed would cry about traveling taking too long if flying mounts were actually removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackarthas View Post
    I bet at least 80% of the people who say they want flying removed would cry about traveling taking too long if flying mounts were actually removed.
    exactly i mean look how many people were bitching when alts couldnt fly till 90 even though it only took 2 and half zones to get to 90 WITHOUT dungeons
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Charging per second is a bad idea. Flying mounts are now integral to the game, and despite the fact that they probably shouldn't have been introduced in the first place, now that they are there is no point in changing that or the way they work.

That being said, to bring danger back into the world, they should add in more flying dangers - flying monsters that can attack you while flying, weather that damages you or starts a bar similar to the fatigue bar (when the bar runs out you plummet/crash), and ways for other players to dismount you or debuff you so that you can't fly.

Let's face it though, none of my suggestions will happen either - the game is aimed at a different demographic now and the idea that the World of Warcraft actually means there is a world to deal with is a thing of the past.

I was leveling my paladin alt in Townlong Steppes and got to the camp outside Niuzao bridge. I stopped for a bit and considered how long and annoying it was to get there. I had already seen and experienced the content in between, so all that was left was to get there conveniently to do what I went there to do, which is possible with my lvl 90 main and his collection of flying mounts.

I think the game is in a good place right now in regards to flying mounts. The world will be explored from a ground-dweller's POV till you're max level, and WPVP will be had in no-flying zones like the upcoming 5.2 island. Outside that you are entitled to get around conveniently, as Blizz gave you that power six years ago and never changed it to this day. To remove it now or gimp it with silly ideas like this is unreasonable. It's a current hot topic, what with even Blizzard devs enabling the whiners in their tweets and stuff, but I strongly doubt there will be any real change to how flying works.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a truly horrendous idea.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

10+ Year Old Account
    Like I said before. Add a coin slot to the mount (No seriously, add a coin slot to the flying mounts backside or something) and charge us every minute!

/End sarcasm.

Stupid idea :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps quest givers should have a button that grants you a 50% damage and movement speed buff for a few minutes while also instantly teleporting you to the location of the quest objective. That'd be rather neat.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

No idea how to 'fix' the issue, but i do agree it's had a negative impact on the game.

I remember hitting 70 and finally being able to get a flying mount, and I could view the Wow world from an entirely different perspective. It was a really great feeling of epicness.

I think it is hilarious that these threads with polls have been popping up a lot, and the vast majority are always voting (basically) 'leave my flying mounts alone'.

I have an idea. Ask Blizz to make a PvP server that has flying disabled, with free transfers for all who wish to partake in this. I believe it will go over as well as the 'twinks' who claimed they didn't mind if they only fought against other twinks, and you can see, twinking is nearly dead. The most of the ones doing it, hold their accounts at a previous xpac/core game, so they aren't filtered out of normal queues by turning xp off.

Btw, there are games out there without flying mounts, you are free to try them, hell, a few of them are free to play. Tera will be F2P next month. SWtOR has a (meh) F2P option. Rift has no flying mounts. All three of those are quite decent games. I never played EQ/EQ2 enough to know, but I'm guessing they don't have flying mounts either. Aion is F2P and has a time limit on flying, a fatigue type thing.

I'd love to see these people go farming, or better yet, archaeology, without flying. I don't mind 'first run' no flying, such as main toon no flying to 90 ... then allow a heirloom like in wotlk for alts to get flying early. The game is designed to have flying now (even if a lot of it isn't very pretty 'revamped' azeroth, looking at you).

I think most of the 'I want no flying' are in the same mentality of the old twinks ... they just want to gank, not have a challenging, honorable fight. Hell, I used to re-roll hunters and warriors in low level BGs with full heirlooms, enchants, crafted/dungeon gear at one time in the past, just to face roll people. Level 19 prot warrior with >2k hp come at me ... but that was for fun, shits and giggles you could say ... but what was more rewarding for me, was taking on two people my level in AV who thought they could gank me on my lock, killing them, and riding off into the sunset with true pride, something ganking undergeared/leveled players could never give me.

I have been on the other side, overgeared in low level bgs ... but I've also been on the receiving side of someone like a rogue, waiting for your life to get low when you are fighting mobs, and ganking you ... or being level 15 and having a 60+ one shot you, for no real reason other than to stroke themselves because they feel proud to waste someone else's time. (I know, some do it so they call in guildies to start real pvp; but that is rare, most run away when anyone close to their level come by now)

The WAR in WARcraft, as stated by blues, is the WAR against the Burning Legion, the WAR against threats like the scourge, the WAR against cultists and big angry dragons and old gods. That is your WAR. But, the people with that short sighted argument wish to ignore that, because it doesn't help their cause at all.

The horde and alliance are better off in a Cold War, to defend their planet and mortal life. They don't have to be friends. They can have squabbles about territory and resources ... but all out war, is stupid, knowing damn well there are bigger threats to life, the planet, the universe, who will surely strike again. It would be ignorant to think the Legion is not plotting their revenge. They know that the Titans, if they came back, would try to cleanse the planet (Algalon lore), they know the Old Gods are continuously plotting to break free from their prison, corrupting the strongest whenever they can.

If you want war, it is always on the horizon in this game ... but if you want to be annihalated, then keep fighting amongst yourself, keep dwindling away the numbers, and eventually, Sargeras will just breath on the remaining forces and watch them melt ... leaving you with nothing.

But yeah, be closed minded and use the WARcraft lie.

Solution: You want wPvP; organize it. Go on your server forums. Talk with your faction and get people rallied together. Set up 'meetings' to fight in zones. wPvP doesn't have to be forced, as some of you would love; it can be organized, fun, and quite enjoyable. I used to be part of a server with a community with that mindset. There were several large guilds (~1000 members each) who scheduled regular events, on both sides, to go try to control the other faction's capital, or try to hold WG fortress even after a loss, preventing people from just flying in to VoA/portals as best they could.

But hey, instead of doing something about it, most would rather bitch and demand others be forced into something, because if you aren't having fun, no one else should either. Bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiteh View Post
    No idea how to 'fix' the issue, but i do agree it's had a negative impact on the game.

I remember hitting 70 and finally being able to get a flying mount, and I could view the Wow world from an entirely different perspective. It was a really great feeling of epicness.
    First you say how it has a negative impact on the game. Then you continue saying how it was a great feeling of epicness?

You don't remember hitting 90 and finally being able to get a flying mount in Pandaria, and you could view the wow world from an entirely different perspective? Wasn't that a great feeling of epicness?

Quote Originally Posted by zyx View Post
    First you say how it has a negative impact on the game. Then you continue saying how it was a great feeling of epicness?

You don't remember hitting 90 and finally being able to get a flying mount in Pandaria, and you could view the wow world from an entirely different perspective? Wasn't that a great feeling of epicness?
    Apologies, I figured this was about flying in old zones. I referenced TBC and the feeling I had there, after playing for days on end levelling up, hitting 70 then saving for the flying skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Britovsky View Post
    So there is this debate about the impact of flying mounts on the epicness of WoW experience, sense of danger that the outside world should have and the PvP factor for many realms.
    No thanks, leave my flying mounts alone. If I want to experience wow and some sense of danger I go kill stuff, like raid bosses. And even further you'd have it cost gold, not everyone is rich.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    Sooo rather than make the pvp a more interesting experience by adding a gameplay component to the idea of mounting you want to punish people by making them waste time and get bored while riding a ground mounts. Don't get me wrong ground mounts are great and I love them, but flying mounts have a purpose as well, and are quite effective at it.

Your idea is frustrating beyond imagining for most people and if Blizz would implement that it would be some flame wars you could never imagine.

IMO if they would consider this a problem, which could more or less be one depending on the point of view of players individually then they could make some interesting changes to the gameplay. I won't waste much time thinking about it, but imagine if Blizz would add an ability, maybe through that action button that we have since DS, that would make it so when you get close enough to a player ( say 20 yards), you can force a dismount. Now that would not do cause you would both fall to your deaths, unless you are a hunter or a warrior or the like. So you could also get say maybe one of those buffs where you get a parachute, but maybe a sort of buff that you don't drop on damage.

It's just an idea, I came up with in 2 mins of thinking. If they would care for it they could find something, if not different, then defo more polished.

No, thank you. Leave our flying mounts alone, please. If you want to ride all your 2.5h way from point A to point B, being constantly ganked by a group of idiots camping some bridge or another bottleneck along the road, feel free to do so. But please don't think that all other players want to waste their game time in a way like this.
    And I definitely disagree that flying mounts were a bad idea. In terms of efficient travelling they are must have. For example, I want to see how you would level up your Archeology in Kalimdor/EK using ground mount.

No, I'm sorry but that would be the worst idea ever.

I agree that riding had a sense of danger and mystery (I guess) around it, and I would definitely like to go back to it. However, now that I've had a taste for flying mounts it's not that easy to stop. It gives you a sense of freedom, speed and whatnot that you just don't get from riding.

Maybe to combat this, in the next xpac or major content patch that gives us a new zone, make it where we have to ride. Kind of like what they did with MoP; they had you use your ground mount until 90 so you can then buy your flying cert. Maybe make it instead where you have to ride, always, or instead of paying just some gold do get your flying cert, you have to do a long, arduous quest chain akin to the old attunement quests to make it feel more special. Also don't have bad ground layout. I hate the ground layout for MoP, especially in the Jade Forest. I can't describe it, but I just completely hate how the ground feels. I don't know, it might just be me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I paid a lot for my flying. Flying in the world( of warcraft) is something that is not only convenient, but that I enjoy.

If _you_ don't like flying, don't use it. It's that simple. The ideology of the dev on flying is outdated.