Poll: Flying on WoW should have a cost per second

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    BC had flying mounts - BC had a ton of world PVP.

Flying mounts are not the cause of "less epicness"

10+ Year Old Account
    On a side note: I love when an anti-flying thread shows up and it includes a poll.

To implement anything different to flying now would be a disaster, I personally don't like it in most zones and feel like daily hubs/current tier shouldn't be enabled but its become the norm, the worlds expanded and its almost necessary to travel the land masses to get anywhere and anything accomplished.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

10+ Year Old Account
    op and all those who support him go diaf and leave us sane flying people alone
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    What's with all these leather-headed 'fixes' to flying mounts?
    It's delusional people who have actually convinced themselves that before flying mounts were introduced we were riding everywhere on our ground mounts, taking in breathtaking scenery while getting into merry PvP scraps and forging lifelong friendships; instead of what actually happened, people mounting after they had finished what they were doing and bulldozing their way through all the mobs and players on their way to the nearest Flight Master. Hell, I bet more people "see the World " now as they actively fly their own mounts to their destination instead of alt tabbing out between Flight Master points. That's not to say flying mounts havn't affected the game but all the ideas trying to dial back on the use of them are just plain bone-headed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Britovsky View Post
    So there is this debate about the impact of flying mounts on the epicness of WoW experience, sense of danger that the outside world should have and the PvP factor for many realms.

Since we cannot just delete them (that should be wasting lots of work and a useful resource), why not then just make fly to have a cost? Yeah:
    If you want to fly you will have to pay gold for each second. Want to fly with faster mounts? You will pay more.

That would make flying mounts to be there just to be used as a last resorts for many and create incentives to use ground mounts more often. That is how it happens in RL actually, you just cannot keep flying forever.

Of course there are very rich players around that would keep flying like if nothing happened, but come on, they have earned it somehow.

What do you think?

Edit:
    We have a penalization for resurrecting at the graveyard now, with gold. And we have a penalization for resurrecting several times, with a time delay. Maybe a likewise formule could work?
    You know why I play a video game? Because it is not reality. Who gives a crap if you can't keep flying forever in real life?

Even in a non casual fan site, the poll is 92.3% to 7.7%. Imagine if you include all that people that doesnt even open a browser for anything wow related.

Flying mounts are fine. The game is BETTER with them than it was before.

The game was NOT better when people that DIDNT WANT to PVP had no escape from those that did.

Design should NOT be directed to grief people that just dont want to PVP in a particular time.

No one is missing anything because of flying.

15+ Year Old Account
    Now I'm just imagining a mount with those quarter slots from laundromats. Suddenly your mount starts falling out of the sky and your character is fumbling with his pocket change to get another 5 minutes of flight time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    Now I'm just imagining a mount with those quarter slots from laundromats. Suddenly your mount starts falling out of the sky and your character is fumbling with his pocket change to get another 5 minutes of flight time.
    I think I love you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Screw this, and screw every "idea" to remove flying, get over it you rose tinted glasses wearing whiners.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    This might be sig worthy right here.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Britovsky View Post
    So there is this debate about the impact of flying mounts on the epicness of WoW experience, sense of danger that the outside world should have and the PvP factor for many realms.

Since we cannot just delete them (that should be wasting lots of work and a useful resource), why not then just make fly to have a cost? Yeah:
    If you want to fly you will have to pay gold for each second. Want to fly with faster mounts? You will pay more.

That would make flying mounts to be there just to be used as a last resorts for many and create incentives to use ground mounts more often. That is how it happens in RL actually, you just cannot keep flying forever.

Of course there are very rich players around that would keep flying like if nothing happened, but come on, they have earned it somehow.

What do you think?

Edit:
    We have a penalization for resurrecting at the graveyard now, with gold. And we have a penalization for resurrecting several times, with a time delay. Maybe a likewise formule could work?
    There's a really big flaw I feel in the whole "flying destroys pvp" thing.

If you "fix" flying like some of you want, people who don't want to engage in pvp will sit in the cities. Or unsub. The world will remain the same. I enjoy world pvp, you hit me while I'm in the air, I will come land next to you and fight. Simple as that.

If I'm on my new 90 mage who has all quest greens and only used for the exalted Tillers farm... if anything was done to flying, I would set my hearth to Tillers and port/hearth back and forth. You would never see me anywhere.

And the "scenery" argument others bring up is garbage. You see it plenty pre-60... if you didn't it's because you wanted quickest lvling and dungeon spammed all the way up. If Blizz really wants scenery seen, then buff questing pre-60 so that dungeoning isn't AMAZINGLY faster (btw, I don't support this, I've played for 7 years, I know and have seen the world, I'm good).

Deleted
    Worst idea ever :/ (and i would really like to see more outdoor pvp as there was on Classic).

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you know how many gnolls do I need to kill to pay that amount of money for flying? Terrible idea.

Deleted
    I've always wondered why people continuously think of ways to make the game worse rather than better.
    Last edited by mmoc79af98f473; 2013-01-13 at 05:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Senchae View Post
    its not really a bandwagon thing at all, the entire world is dead because of flying mounts. If people need compromise, ground mounts can have their speed increased.
    The world is not dead because of flying mounts. It's dead because of all the instance and PvP queuing that we have. The world was just fine until that point.

Something that has been annoying me about GC lately is that he is arguing for all these queuing systems lately, but he's also saying that no WPvP occurring is a problem. You cant have people out in the world when there is not point to go in the world other than for dailies and farming mats.

You anti fly guys are just getting rediculous now. You keep making these threads and polls and even when confronted with a 90%+ poll of disagreement you spin the data and keep on your insane path.

Just stop, you are just embarrassing yourselves now.

Deleted
    Riding - Oh look another generic tree, Oh look another mountain, Oh look some mobs to ride round, Oh look another generic bridge over a generic river with a couple of generic guards who are bored out of their generic skulls.

Flying - Oh look another generic tree, Oh look another mountain

Riding does not make it feel more epic, its piss a poor slow means of travel, and my playtime is highly valuable, I like to get on, do what I have to do before I have to do other real life stuff. Thinking of making me ride everywhere would result in a lost sub, and I know there is probably a lot like me.

PS - WPvP died out long before flying mounts where introduced, Why do you think there are dedicated PvP areas and quests in TBC (Halaa, and HFP/ ZM quests) if you want world PVP then simply go to an opposing city and hang around outside. people will soon come fight with you.

Lets get it right, what people who are complaining about lack of world pvp are on about is, they can no longer run round ganking people who can simply escape from them long enough to mount up and fly away. if you want PVP there are battlegrounds, Arenas, and nothing to stop you causing trouble around an enemy city.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senchae View Post
    its not really a bandwagon thing at all, the entire world is dead because of flying mounts. If people need compromise, ground mounts can have their speed increased.
    Wake up.

If people wanted to walk around on the ground and explore the "dead" world, they'd do it. I don't know if you realized this, but the option is there. If people didn't want to fly, they simply wouldn't. This is what people wants. It's not even a fair 60/40 majority here. It's more lke 99.8% of all players love flying mounts. Where was the point you were trying to make? Who would this change be fore?

Answer those questions really nice and deep-like then tell me again how it's not a selfish desire.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, and for the record, the expression is "Yea or nay" not "yay or nay"