Poll: Flying on WoW should have a cost per second

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    If I had to spend any more time traveling than I already do (WoW's transportation system is ARCHAIC), I'd quit. It shouldn't take me 3+ hours to do the Winterveil Greench daily 22 times...

Deleted
    If people want to experience the scenery then just do it without taking away the flying from the rest of us. Sure, one could argue that with the availability of flying many will just avoid the scenery, even though they love it, because of the speed increase; however one could also argue that they should just do whatever they want in the game. If you want to fly then fly, if you want to ride slow then do so without taking flying away from rest.

Deleted
    This is worst then the idea from a few days ago that wanted a flying mount fatigue or something. This idea is really bad.

Deleted
    Just an horrible idea tbh, I would love to see when they make a new zone like Isle of the Thunderking, that you can only use ground mount there and in the "normal" areas you can use your flyingmount as you want to. But forcing people to pay to use them would also remove the idea of farming them like the icc, ulduar and cata achievements, wich is a bad idea.

Enough of these hate threads on flying already. "REMOVE FLYING" "MAKE FLYING COST PER SECOND" "POLL TO REMOVE FLYING" "FLYING SHOULD BE LIMITED" this week alone. Jeez, play another game or something..

You are all late to the party anyway, it was back in 2007 so get a fucking clue.

Another poll, another time the majority proves they don't want flying messed with. At this point the OPs are just spamming the boards.

Deleted
    Nope, if WoW would revert back to the old "40minutes to get to a questhub" method, i'd recon many people (including me, but that doesnt matter) would leave the game. Don't get me wrong, i loved the idea not to use Flying mounts until you're lvl 90 in Pandaria (which worked fine with how the hubs worked there), but doing Dailies etc, without a flying mount (or a mount that you have to pay for per minute), noty.

It's nice to see people think outside the box though.

Deleted
    I feel like I've mellowed on this issue. Cataclysm's flying feature did reveal the whole world, and while much of it was impressive, it also felt smaller and some bits looked like odd ends and afterthoughts. But really, the amount of time and effort put into something like that, I can understand why flying backfired a little.

I think people should just make the best of it. If flying pvpers who jump-gank people is a continual annoyance, it would be best to foster a pvp realm defence group, then people could pvp outside bgs for fun again like the spontaneous pvp in Hillsbrad. I think that would be a great way of getting a realm community going.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    When are these guys going to get it through their head.

Who's experience are you trying to alter, anyway? If YOU wanna ride, ride. If you hate flying, don't do it unless it's completely necessary. Why would you care what anyone else was doing. You're worried about world PVP? Sorry, that was gone ages ago. There's plenty of other games that have it, however. You're free to enjoy those.

Seriously though, with all due respect, you seem to have an issue and you're going to have to get over it.
    Just to play the devil's advocate... the above argument is retarded beyond belief.

The rules make the game. Self-imposed restrictions do not, because they're a gimmick.

If you ride when flying is available, you inherently feel at the back of your mind that you are at a disadvantage, which in turn cheapens the experience, making it pointless. You know there is a faster way, a more efficient way, and that fact demolishes a large part of the enjoyment.

Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    I don't play WoW anymore but I saw this at the top of the main page and say just how awful of an idea this really is.

PVP realms are not everything.

Get over not being able to gank people as easily to make yourself feel better.
    Wow you don't even play wow and you made a perfect point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsage View Post
    Just to play the devil's advocate... the above argument is retarded beyond belief.

The rules make the game. Self-imposed restrictions do not, because they're a gimmick.

If you ride when flying is available, you inherently feel at the back of your mind that you are at a disadvantage, which in turn cheapens the experience, making it pointless. You know there is a faster way, a more efficient way, and that fact demolishes a large part of the enjoyment.
    So you're actually trying to tell me that clear-cut, factual (and in my opinion common sense) argument is retarded because people "feel" like they're "at a disadvantage" when they ride around the world on the ground mounts in the current game?

Wait... huh?! So hold up. Lemme get this strait. Because the game is offering a totally optional and convenient method for players to get around, they're subconsciously being forced to use it to avoid "demolishing a large part of the enjoyment" of the game? So they enjoy the game... they just wish they were enjoying it slower?

I'm so lost. So which do these people want? Do they want to ride around on the ground in Warcraft or do they simply want the other 99% to be forced to do the same thing? These are two completely different desires and it seems like the 1% is pushing more towards the latter, which to be totally honest with you is literally sickening.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's yea, not yay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the OP has no plan to come back to defend or elaborate on his logic or original idea, this thread is basically destined to become flame fuel. It's not even a discussion anymore.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    If the OP has no plan to come back to defend or elaborate on his logic or original idea, this thread is basically destined to become flame fuel. It's not even a discussion anymore.
    These threads never are a discussion. There just needs to be one major thread for flight discussion and all newly opened threads, you know the 3 that pop up every day from the sock puppets of the original thread creators, closed and redirected to it.
    Last edited by Xeraxis; 2013-01-13 at 11:42 PM.

Personally i'd wager about 90%+ of the people who genuinely care about having an immersive, but more importantly, realistic game world, which is what you argue on behalf of, are to be found in Roleplaying realms. People on PvP Realms usually want the thrill of PvP and to a lesser extent, PvE; vice versa for PvE realms. This brings us onto the argument of whether Blizzard should pay more attention to the 'RP' aspect of their 'MMORPG' and more importantly, create more differentiation between PvP, PvE and RP realms. Personally I think they should, but that is for another day.

The only kind of change I would like to see, is if you have engaged in active world PVP within 2 minutes you cannot use your flying mount. Having a druid run away and then insta flight form to safety, or a rogue vanish/sprint/smokebomb/flying away, etc, takes a lot of thrill out of world pvp.

Deleted
    Reposting the same shitty threads should have a cost per day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why don't we just remove it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Horrible idea. I could see the use of having maybe stamina bars for flying mounts so that you can't just run forever in world PvP, or maybe weapons on the mounts, but leeching gold from you to fly is idiotic.

Deleted
    Limiting flight isn't what's going to bring the world back to warcraft. Getting rid of the lobby gameplay is a start, but this is 'discussing' the former.

Also, this whining about flight is 4 expansions late. Considering the MMORPG playerbase, that's well beyond possibility of change.