Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Is Ireland a country? Always been confused by this place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    Ireland is indeed a country

Northern Island is also a country

but both are part of the same big ass island..

Yes, I guess people would tell you Republic of Ireland is the country and that Northern Ireland isn't as the United Kingdom is just one country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, the Republic of Ireland, 3/4 of the island of Ireland.

Northern Ireland makes up the rest of the island of Ireland. It's a province of the UK, unlike Scotland or Wales it was never a country.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Now i'm even more confused.

Deleted

its not that conbfusing :P the Island is spplit in 2, about 80% of it is The republic of Ireland, thats its own country. and the top little bit is Northern Ireland, a country that makes up part of the UK.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol the island of Ireland is divided in two: the Republic of Ireland and a province of the United Kingdom called Northern Ireland.

10+ Year Old Account
    so which part hates England..top or bottom?

Deleted

both probably :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Yes, I guess people would tell you Republic of Ireland is the country and that Northern Ireland isn't as the United Kingdom is just one country.
    The UK is not "just one country"

Hense why it is actually called "the united kingdom of great britain and northern island"

10+ Year Old Account
    No one. Nowadays most Irish like the English and viceversa

10+ Year Old Account
    okay so both parts hate England and both parts hate each other. Remind me not to move there please.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    The UK is not "just one country"

Hense why it is actually called "the united kingdom of great britain and northern island"
    I agree with you, thats why I said people, and not me

Its a strange one because in certain sports and political events we are represented as just the UK, but then in other sports we appear as seperate nationalities. Mostly its people from outside the UK that refer to it as one country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by larrakeyah View Post
    No one. Nowadays most Irish like the English and viceversa
    I give up. Carry on.

Deleted
    Most of the hate comes from some of the people in the bottom, but also a small part of the hate comes from some of the people in the top.

I give up. Carry on.
    There are groups in Northern Ireland that would like to see it released from the UK (do they want to join the R.O.I? I dont know that one) and have at times caused unrest and gone as far as terrorism. Mostly that calmed down during the 90s and in the 00s we've really not seen many issues at all, with the leaders of said groups joining in politically and even meeting and shaking the Queens hand to show that past issues are past.

Deleted
    There are groups in Northern Ireland that would like to see it released from the UK (do they want to join the R.O.I? I dont know that one)

i was wondering this, would the RoI even want it back?

Deleted
    The Republic or Ireland is a country. It covers the vast majority of an island that is also called Ireland. Now, seperate from the ROI is Northern Ireland. N.Ireland is a part of the UK, a seperate country. I'm not sure if N.Ireland can be considered it's own country though.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are groups in Northern Ireland that would like to see it released from the UK (do they want to join the R.O.I? I dont know that one) and have at times caused unrest and gone as far as terrorism. Mostly that calmed down during the 90s and in the 00s we've really not seen many issues at all, with the leaders of said groups joining in politically and even meeting and shaking the Queens hand to show that past issues are past.
    Well thats good news indeed. But are they still killing each other over what God is the right God?

Deleted
    I agree with you, thats why I said people, and not me

Its a strange one because in certain sports and political events we are represented as just the UK, but then in other sports we appear as seperate nationalities. Mostly its people from outside the UK that refer to it as one country.
    As a political body the United kingdom is one entity represented by one government globably. its partly why is a bit of a fuck up as we have the UK government. then the Irish, welsh, Scottish assembly that want to do it their way whilst still under the confines of the UK government. Its also why "England" gets blamed for everything as we dont have a seperate national assembly and just go of the UK government. So people seem to assume (well the morons do) that the UK government = english governemt.

Due to it being a unification of kingdoms which retain their own identity for anything else we can all enter as seperate nations for sports and such. The only way it would always become a case of all under 1 banner would be if all the nations amalgamated into one. would love to see the Scots agree to that one ha!