Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    t2/2200 shouldnt be rewarded in rbgs.

    rbgs are retarded, anyone can get 2200 in literally a day just spamming trade looking for rbgs. my friend hit 90 a week ago and is alread 2400 rated in rbgs just by playing with randoms all day.


    90% of people you see with their t2 weapons and 2200 gear are always shitty rbg players that could never even get past 1550 in arena. i remember when having gear like pvp shoulders, 2300 tabards and 2200 gear actually meant something and showed you were somewhat decent at this game, but now its dumb because anyone can get 2200 gear.


    inb4 a bunch of rbg heros come saying "rbgs are fine!!11 im glad i got my welfare 2200 gear! ur just maD cuz u cant get 2200!"

    thats not the case because i got 2200 in 3s and have gotten 2200 every since early wrath

  2. #2
    Bloodsail Admiral rashen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,222
    T2 Should be removed fully and replaced with entirely cosmetic rewards, like transmog sets, titles and more mounts, giving better players also better weapons is a broken concept in a game with competitive pvp.

  3. #3
    Remove PvP gear and equalize everyone's stats. Problem solved.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  4. #4
    The thing is, relatively few people care about or enjoy arena. To keep the best PvP gear in the game tied to something that many PvPers despise would be ridiculous. If you honestly think arena is the more skillful and fun way to PvP, suit yourself. But let people who feel that way about BGs do the same.

    Edit: I agree also with the post above. Gear should not be a factor in PvP. But, MMO PvP will never be balanced enough to truly be competitive anyway so they might as well have the gear there to keep people on the treadmill. I just wish they would give us some currency. PvPers need gems and enchants too.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    The thing is, relatively few people care about or enjoy arena. To keep the best PvP gear in the game tied to something that many PvPers despise would be ridiculous. If you honestly think arena is the more skillful and fun way to PvP, suit yourself. But let people who feel that way about BGs do the same.

    Edit: I agree also with the post above. Gear should not be a factor in PvP. But, MMO PvP will never be balanced enough to truly be competitive anyway so they might as well have the gear there to keep people on the treadmill. I just wish they would give us some currency. PvPers need gems and enchants too.
    The only reason people do rbgs is because of the retarded point cap you get from it.

  6. #6
    The Lightbringer slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA PA
    Posts
    3,863
    Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    T2 Should be removed fully and replaced with entirely cosmetic rewards, like transmog sets, titles and more mounts, giving better players also better weapons is a broken concept in a game with competitive pvp.

    Thank you sir. You might be the first person I've ever seen say this, besides me. It is a totally broken system to give the better players more of an edge by giving them the better gear.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Slickx View Post
    The only reason people do rbgs is because of the retarded point cap you get from it.
    Wrong. It's a much more social/casual way to PvP when compared to competitive arena. There is a group of people who prefer Objective game play versus a deathmatch.
    Modern Guild
    25 Man 11/14 Heroic
    Sean

  8. #8
    Banned JhanZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    ON, Canada
    Posts
    575
    Who cares if anyone can get gear? If you're better than them, you'll still beat them. This seems like an e-peen thread to me. That's really sad, this shouldn't be an issue at all. T2 also needs to be removed from the game. Give everyone equal footing on gear, just let skill decide.

  9. #9
    them being rewarded in rbgs is fine, the fact that rbgs are heavily abused including outright exploits need to end.

    the hole concept of t2 weapons is stupid but since heroic mode is the way of things now its hear to stay.
    Stormspellz -mugthol
    Battletag - Stormz#1438

  10. #10
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,721
    RBG is being exploited to much at the moment, that's all.
    2.2k in RBG would be a lot harder if they'd reset mmr and fixed wintrading/mmr exploits.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    Who cares if anyone can get gear? If you're better than them, you'll still beat them. This seems like an e-peen thread to me. That's really sad, this shouldn't be an issue at all. T2 also needs to be removed from the game. Give everyone equal footing on gear, just let skill decide.
    the point of 2200 "elite" gear is suppose to show that you are somewhat decent at this game, but that defeats the point when any baddie can get 2200 through rbgs


    lol @ e-peen thread, typical response of a sub 1550 player, brb everyone that's higher rated than me is clearly bragging

  12. #12
    Who cares really? They may have the gear, but if they suck it's not going to make a difference. Gear makes some difference, but knowing how to play is what really matters. Let them have their welfare gear, it's not going to make one difference if the skill gap is as great as you say it is between arena and rbgs.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by link4117 View Post
    Who cares really? They may have the gear, but if they suck it's not going to make a difference. Gear makes some difference, but knowing how to play is what really matters. Let them have their welfare gear, it's not going to make one difference if the skill gap is as great as you say it is between arena and rbgs.
    The tier 2 weapon makes a big difference because a lot of instant attacks scale with weapon damage.

    Tier 2 weapons should be reserved for the best players.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by link4117 View Post
    Who cares really? They may have the gear, but if they suck it's not going to make a difference. Gear makes some difference, but knowing how to play is what really matters. Let them have their welfare gear, it's not going to make one difference if the skill gap is as great as you say it is between arena and rbgs.
    lol what, t2 wep makes a huge difference, especially on a class like a warrior

  15. #15
    OP must have a hard time winning against those 1500 rated players in arena with their t2. L2p baddie.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    OP must have a hard time winning against those 1500 rated players in arena with their t2. L2p baddie.
    im 2400 right now in 3s, what about you?

    ur probably not even 2k lmfao

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by link4117 View Post
    Who cares really? They may have the gear, but if they suck it's not going to make a difference. Gear makes some difference, but knowing how to play is what really matters. Let them have their welfare gear, it's not going to make one difference if the skill gap is as great as you say it is between arena and rbgs.
    I actually the opposite. Skill means next to nothing anymore, gear>class>skill. Sad but true.

    That's the point, people are getting sick of being shit on by derp warriors that got carried in rbg's and have a t2 weapon so regardless of being a keyboard turning mouth breather they win because they gots better gear.

    And as for above, I'm not complaining about warriors, I just used that class as a example. This has to be said or I'll get jumped for crying about OP classes and being told l2p etc.

  18. #18
    Bloodsail Admiral rashen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,222
    Quote Originally Posted by Slickx View Post
    the point of 2200 "elite" gear is suppose to show that you are somewhat decent at this game
    That is why the rewards should be cosmetically different only, not something that gives an actual advantage. If armor is looking different then the sub 2200 gear, it shows you are a better player while not giving any actual advantage in stats and ability scaling, you will kill them anyways being in same gear but more skilled, there's a 20 ilvl gap on the weapons and that does a lot for melee classes.
    Last edited by rashen; 2013-01-13 at 02:06 AM.

  19. #19
    Banned JhanZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    ON, Canada
    Posts
    575
    Quote Originally Posted by Slickx View Post
    the point of 2200 "elite" gear is suppose to show that you are somewhat decent at this game, but that defeats the point when any baddie can get 2200 through rbgs


    lol @ e-peen thread, typical response of a sub 1550 player, brb everyone that's higher rated than me is clearly bragging
    So it is about ego with you, that's all it is. Instead of skill you'd rather the gear you're wearing tell the story. That's pretty lame. I've also been nearly 2700 in arenas and achieved Gladiator twice, you can simply armory my name. But I don't go around wanting to get this super amazing and crazy gear because I've been so high at one point. It's ridiculous.

    It's about skill. Gear shouldn't be a factor. Do you hate that?

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by dercaderca View Post
    I actually the opposite. Skill means next to nothing anymore, gear>class>skill. Sad but true.

    That's the point, people are getting sick of being shit on by derp warriors that got carried in rbg's and have a t2 weapon so regardless of being a keyboard turning mouth breather they win because they gots better gear.

    And as for above, I'm not complaining about warriors, I just used that class as a example. This has to be said or I'll get jumped for crying about OP classes and being told l2p etc.
    So this "mouth breather" outplays you and 2 or 4 others? I mean, from your statement I'm assuming that you think just because he has a t2 that makes his team unbeatable. It doesn't. If this guy really was sooo bad as you claim he wouldn't win shit. My point is, he may have gotten his t2 through rbg's, but obviously he can compete at arena in higher levels. Or, if he can't, I don't see the problem. Then he's competing at or a little above the level he should be at. So pick one; you can't have both. He's so bad and yet a t2 weapon magically lets his team win over you (which isn't the case ever), or he's actually decent and will either prove to be good by going 2200+ in arena or will settle below that somewhere, making the fact that he has a t2 weapon moot anyway. At higher ratings everyone has the same fucking gear anyway.

    And, if it's so fucking easy to get carried to 2200 in RBG's, then do it yourself and level this "mouthbreather", since he didn't "earn" it. Or are you just using all this as an excuse to why you can't compete at higher rankings?
    Last edited by link4117; 2013-01-13 at 02:06 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •