Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Yeah, I don't have the best computer, so with my lag it would be infuriating. Still, I enjoyed the mini-jumping puzzles in BFD and DM Heroic

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    all I see is just a daily quest objective in an engaging environment, no different than the quests that take you across the trap tiles in Mogu structures.
    I mostly agree. In general it does seem that Blizzard is trying different kind of mechanics in order to make the gameplay more interesting. Jumping alone has already been present multiple times in MoP. I wouldn't expect a trend being born out of it but what it shows is that the developers are more willing to try such things out and even use the mechanics again in the future. This is probably not the last that we've heard of jumping. We may even end up facing some slightly more complex jumping challenges in the future if the ones now are considered a success.

Quote Originally Posted by NatureDrake View Post
    Yeah, I don't have the best computer, so with my lag it would be infuriating. Still, I enjoyed the mini-jumping puzzles in BFD and DM Heroic
    Don't know what game you guys play but I never since the release of WoW had to jump anywhere in BFD.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if I'd enjoy an epic jumping puzzle. Knowing Blizz they'd make it into a daily and when puzzles are dailies they get old real fast. I mean, did anyone really enjoy playing Simon Says out in Blade's Edge like 30 times? I didn't.

Deleted
    I wouldn't want them to implement it as a mandatory part of group progression, but as optional solo- or group content? Damn right I'd love it.

Anyone else who played SWTOR to 50 and picked up the stat cube thingy (can't remember what they were called) in the Imperial Fleet museum? That was awesome. While I do think the rewards for these things should be cosmetic, I loved the puzzle and would definitely approve if WoW implemented something similar.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you like competitive jumping, go find a mod for Quake II called Q2Jump.

How on earth would you make jumping puzzles in wow?
    You can do jump over lazers of fire with good timing, but platform style?

There's not enough to it, you always jump equally far, you don't need "the right runup", you always would get it if you just stand on the edge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jumping puzzles? no thnx, I hate those. Especially in non 2D games. They are horrible.
    I wouldn't mind actual puzzles though, The wardens game quest in badlands is the only one I can think of right now that could be called a puzzle.

did anyone really enjoy playing Simon Says out in Blade's Edge like 30 times? I didn't.
    Oh god forgot that shit, no I hated that. I do not like anything that requires me to remember a sequence etc, Iv'e got a horrible memory..

More puzzles, just not memory or jumping ones! :O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post

In case no one knows wtf I'm talking about http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/jum...s-come-to-wow/

D'aww, isn't it CUTE! Kind of like a Playskool Puzzle - a Jumping Puzzle for Tots!

Here's how GW2 does a simple jump puzzle, not much in the way of monsters, mechanics and no pvp in this one.

Valar morghulis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    BFD is hardly a jump puzzle, I mean like this

That's the point. BFD is 'hardly a jump puzzle' and yet that simple hop can hold an entire group up for ages if you have one laggy or just bad player. So imagine what a 'real' jump puzzle could do to group activities. That was their point, if I'm not mistaken.

---------- Post added 2013-01-13 at 03:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Don't know what game you guys play but I never since the release of WoW had to jump anywhere in BFD.
    The beginning. over the lake. Unless a warlock is summoning you or you've always spawned in past the entrance, you have jumped in BFD.

I dislike jumping puzzles only because the camera can be so obscuring if there's foliage/terrain/some piece of architecture too close by in the background. Makes it extremely painstaking to see what you're doing.

Lag issues aside, I find them fun in solo sort of environment or for exploration type things but in groups not so much, if just one person struggles it holds up everyone else and I don't find it fair to everyone involved.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

I think it's a little aspect of entertainment that is somewhat cheap and fun to do in the game, so why not?
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

World of Warcraft needs way better jumping animations for characters before jumping puzzles become anything resembling fun. That's the first rule of jumping puzzles: if your character looks like a dumb monkey when jumping, it doesn't have any business jumping anywhere.

Now, if characters had a "running jump" animation and a "standing jump" animation (a not dumb-looking standing jump animation), then hell yeah, jumping puzzles everywhere

And if they could grab onto ledges and all that, it would be absolutely perfect.

I am certainly for it. Jumping Puzzles are my favorite activity in GW2, and if they will be brought to WoW, I would be so happy. Though they wouldn't be the same as in GW2, because jumps in WoW can't be controlled once you are in the air. But I'm sure Blizzard would think of something as interesting, if they wanted to do that.

Also, I don't understand some points in this thread. Jumping Puzzle is hardly ever a group activity, I've yet to encounter one that Requires a group (monsters don't count). So pugs, randoms and bad players have nothing to do with this idea.
    And about lags - have you ever jumped through the model of subway train departing from the station in Deeprun Tram because game thought you was 2 meters behind?
    If you jumped and landed, you will stand on that place no matter what.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love all the people complaining about the one in BFD lol...you do know you don't even have to do that, right? There's been a path along that back wall since Vanilla :-P
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I have always loved jump puzzles, and don't give me that latency crap. I could jump with the best of them when I was on a (TWENTY six) 26K dial up connection.
    And don't act like WOW is "ripping" something off as if this idea is so original or new. It's fucking blatantly obvious as an idea. It was only a matter of time really for other MMOs to have something like that.

The only issue this presents is making a group of people rely on this when there's one person who has no idea how to control a virtual character in a game beyond mindlessly clicking or pushing buttons.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

The elevator in Blackwing descent anyone?
    If you didn't jump and ran fast enough you just died.

idk if has been said or even people noticed, the new raid "teaser" they released last week the video for thunder, if you watch the video there is a room in there it shows with a bunch of platforms not connected to each other...the immediate reaction i had when i watched the video was that oh wow we have a jumping puzzle mechanic fight, its going to be awesome...seriously look at the video again, i dont have the exact time frame but you will see it, a room with flat floating platforms, looks like they are jumpable between each other...it could just be nothing but i am going to guess we will have to jump around them, during a boss encounter, maybe some will fall or rise etc, either way i think its gotta be something sinister in the works

/excited for 5.2

If WoW added puzzles, I'd rather them use the "Rift" model (which, granted, usually involve some jumping BS to reach them) where it's just... a puzzle, that you solve.