1. #1

    Why Do BGs reward garbage CP?

    Something that never made sense to me was random BGs rewarded absolute horrendous amounts of conquest points upon a win. 100 for first/50 for subsequent wins.

    Considering arena wins reward a flat 180 I believe, and last about a 10th of the time an actual BGs takes, what's the deal? Seems strange that a 2 minute investment rewards 180 CP and a 20 minute one rewards 100/50. They really should raise it to something like 300/150 at least.

  2. #2
    cause they want you to do arena/rbgs for the points, cp for randoms was given just to keep people queing hear and there not as the main source of cp
    Stormspellz -mugthol/Sargaras
    Battletag - Stormz#1438

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFuse View Post
    Really? Trump and his supporters represent the true American values. It's unfortunate, but that's reality. America is a country of hate and paranoia, Trump is the embodiment of it.

  3. #3
    The Patient Ramaloce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Over there
    Posts
    283
    It's mainly because of how random, the random battlegrounds can be. If Random bg's gave a good amount of conquest people would just make premades to fight the 'random' people. However this would eventually lead to the pre-made vs pre-made for the "random" battle grounds. Which end up being rated battle grounds without ratings.

  4. #4
    Bots I say.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramaloce View Post
    It's mainly because of how random, the random battlegrounds can be. If Random bg's gave a good amount of conquest people would just make premades to fight the 'random' people. However this would eventually lead to the pre-made vs pre-made for the "random" battle grounds. Which end up being rated battle grounds without ratings.
    I just do 2s at low ratings for points. Just leave whenever there's a hard counter to your setup or when fighting them would be aggravating (e.g. Mage). Doesn't take longer than 1-2 BGs and gives the full 1800 (?) points. Unless BGs gave ~900 Conquest Points it would still be faster.

    The fact that BGs only give 50-100 is absurd.

  6. #6
    Brewmaster Rinoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In an igloo.
    Posts
    1,343
    Quote Originally Posted by Feranor View Post
    I just do 2s at low ratings for points. Just leave whenever there's a hard counter to your setup or when fighting them would be aggravating (e.g. Mage). Doesn't take longer than 1-2 BGs and gives the full 1800 (?) points. Unless BGs gave ~900 Conquest Points it would still be faster.

    The fact that BGs only give 50-100 is absurd.
    If one considers the implications it would have if BGs were a good source for CP it might not seem as absurd. There would, in all likelyhood, be quite a lot more premades going around stomping random undergeared groups which is rather pointless when the geared premade could just have split up into teams and capped at lot MMR 2v2/3v3/5v5 or done RBGs instead. Battlegrounds are already an excellent way of farming up honor for starter PvP gear - it probably shouldn't also be great for conquest capping.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.



  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    Something that never made sense to me was random BGs rewarded absolute horrendous amounts of conquest points upon a win. 100 for first/50 for subsequent wins.

    Considering arena wins reward a flat 180 I believe, and last about a 10th of the time an actual BGs takes, what's the deal? Seems strange that a 2 minute investment rewards 180 CP and a 20 minute one rewards 100/50. They really should raise it to something like 300/150 at least.
    Because bliz wants you to invest time into their game. That means more money for them.

  8. #8
    Pit Lord Ryan Cailan Ebonheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Long Island New York, USA
    Posts
    2,491
    Quote Originally Posted by Feranor View Post
    I just do 2s at low ratings for points. Just leave whenever there's a hard counter to your setup or when fighting them would be aggravating (e.g. Mage). Doesn't take longer than 1-2 BGs and gives the full 1800 (?) points. Unless BGs gave ~900 Conquest Points it would still be faster.

    The fact that BGs only give 50-100 is absurd.
    Bg's never gave Conquest points before. Its was only once a day for a win.

    I'm grateful they even gave us an opportunity to get something out of queuing random BG's and winning them.

    If you do the math, its only 4 wins a day with one day being five wins. I know solo queuing sucks because you might get an eight game losing streak, but if you make a premade of cool people, its actually fun and more worth it over 2s arena which can be frustrating with a random person you're just using for points.
    Symphony X Wicked Live - Symphony X Eyes of Medusa live - Symphony X Dehumanized live - Symphony X Inferno/Smoke and Mirrors
    "Tell me, am I wise enough to become someone? I need an answer to be found. Show me, the right way to learn the wisdom and bind my tears. Rid me of my sorrow. Now." - Adagio Underworld

  9. #9
    Brewmaster draganid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    vancouver
    Posts
    1,319
    because bots. enough people bot bgs for honor, would only be worse if they could get conquest

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •