Why Do BGs reward garbage CP?

Something that never made sense to me was random BGs rewarded absolute horrendous amounts of conquest points upon a win. 100 for first/50 for subsequent wins.

Considering arena wins reward a flat 180 I believe, and last about a 10th of the time an actual BGs takes, what's the deal? Seems strange that a 2 minute investment rewards 180 CP and a 20 minute one rewards 100/50. They really should raise it to something like 300/150 at least.

cause they want you to do arena/rbgs for the points, cp for randoms was given just to keep people queing hear and there not as the main source of cp
    Stormspellz -mugthol
    Battletag - Stormz#1438

It's mainly because of how random, the random battlegrounds can be. If Random bg's gave a good amount of conquest people would just make premades to fight the 'random' people. However this would eventually lead to the pre-made vs pre-made for the "random" battle grounds. Which end up being rated battle grounds without ratings.

The Lightbringer turskanaattori's Avatar
    Bots I say.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramaloce View Post
    It's mainly because of how random, the random battlegrounds can be. If Random bg's gave a good amount of conquest people would just make premades to fight the 'random' people. However this would eventually lead to the pre-made vs pre-made for the "random" battle grounds. Which end up being rated battle grounds without ratings.
    I just do 2s at low ratings for points. Just leave whenever there's a hard counter to your setup or when fighting them would be aggravating (e.g. Mage). Doesn't take longer than 1-2 BGs and gives the full 1800 (?) points. Unless BGs gave ~900 Conquest Points it would still be faster.

The fact that BGs only give 50-100 is absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Feranor View Post
    I just do 2s at low ratings for points. Just leave whenever there's a hard counter to your setup or when fighting them would be aggravating (e.g. Mage). Doesn't take longer than 1-2 BGs and gives the full 1800 (?) points. Unless BGs gave ~900 Conquest Points it would still be faster.

If one considers the implications it would have if BGs were a good source for CP it might not seem as absurd. There would, in all likelyhood, be quite a lot more premades going around stomping random undergeared groups which is rather pointless when the geared premade could just have split up into teams and capped at lot MMR 2v2/3v3/5v5 or done RBGs instead. Battlegrounds are already an excellent way of farming up honor for starter PvP gear - it probably shouldn't also be great for conquest capping.

Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    Something that never made sense to me was random BGs rewarded absolute horrendous amounts of conquest points upon a win. 100 for first/50 for subsequent wins.

Considering arena wins reward a flat 180 I believe, and last about a 10th of the time an actual BGs takes, what's the deal? Seems strange that a 2 minute investment rewards 180 CP and a 20 minute one rewards 100/50. They really should raise it to something like 300/150 at least.
    Because bliz wants you to invest time into their game. That means more money for them.

Brewmaster Ryan Cailan Ebonheart's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Feranor View Post

Bg's never gave Conquest points before. Its was only once a day for a win.

I'm grateful they even gave us an opportunity to get something out of queuing random BG's and winning them.

If you do the math, its only 4 wins a day with one day being five wins. I know solo queuing sucks because you might get an eight game losing streak, but if you make a premade of cool people, its actually fun and more worth it over 2s arena which can be frustrating with a random person you're just using for points.
    "Time to work soldiers."
    "Machinehead" by Bush "Blood is like wine, unconscious all the time. If I had it all again, I'd change it all."
    (My top song since 05/02/2014) Machinehead
    Warrior Scumclass Rogue Warrior2 Scumclass2 Rogue2

because bots. enough people bot bgs for honor, would only be worse if they could get conquest