Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    to be fair, hof seems to mostly want to fuck over ranged :P
    a lot of mechanics melee can ignore in there

    the tornadoes, the bleed dot, the amber pools, the amber scalpel, the cry of terror or whatever it is on empress, all seem to mostly hit ranged and ignore melee
    But it doesn't help if you bring no ranges. Then all the healers have to deal with the abilities. This is by far the worst option. So bring a lot of range DPS, because in the average the individual range DPS will have to take less attention to the abilities and can do more DPS. Think you won't have an advantage here.

  2. #42
    Don't pick a tank, don't pick a melee...warlocks are always high on the LF list, and Holy Pally's almost can always get into a guild along with a decent boomkin (especially if you go resto offspec and can play). Healers and ranged dps in general are a good option, except hunters which aren't usually a heavily recruited class.

  3. #43
    Brewmaster cyqu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Where the pros reside
    Posts
    1,311
    Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    to be fair, hof seems to mostly want to fuck over ranged :P
    a lot of mechanics melee can ignore in there

    the tornadoes, the bleed dot, the amber pools, the amber scalpel, the cry of terror or whatever it is on empress, all seem to mostly hit ranged and ignore melee
    The tornados spawn in melee range and give zero time for melee to move out of the way to, compared to ranged to can easily strafe, amber pools spawn from the living ambers that target any player including melee. Cry of terror hit everyone in the raid but is only put on one person.

  4. #44
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    3,080
    Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post
    The tornados spawn in melee range and give zero time for melee to move out of the way to, compared to ranged to can easily strafe, amber pools spawn from the living ambers that target any player including melee. Cry of terror hit everyone in the raid but is only put on one person.
    Tornadoes only spawn on ranged.

  5. #45
    Melee dps used to be an issue pre-MOP when alot of the boss fight mechanics still targeted melee. With MOP alot of the mechanics bypass melee dps.

    Still don't understand why people seem to still have the don't bring any melee dps mentality when almost all melee dps has some raidutility one way or another.

    However, I personally think an Disc priest with a strong shadow OS is highly sought for. But I'm biased bc thats what we're currently looking for in my group. Or any healing hybrid class for that matter.

  6. #46
    depends on what your playstyle is man. PvE or PvP? and what type of PvP if PvP. i'm inlove with my ARMS in 3's now its insane.

    rogues looks awesome in 2's in 5.2

  7. #47
    Monk
    Druid
    Paladin
    Priest
    Shaman
    Warlock
    Warrior
    Death Knight
    Mage
    Hunter
    Rogue
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." -Hunter S. Thompson

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    Why are people under the impression that melee classes don't raid any more?
    People are ALWAYS under the impression that the reason they don't get taken into that world first guild they're clearly good enough to get into is because they're playing a melee class/spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  9. #49
    I think Your highest chanse of finding a raid guild is playing a caster hybrid like priest/druid/shaman (class-wise), and being able to perform just as well with their healing specs if need be. That is a very strong player in a raid team.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    People are ALWAYS under the impression that the reason they don't get taken into that world first guild they're clearly good enough to get into is because they're playing a melee class/spec.
    Wait wut? I play in a heroic farm guild and we would take a range over a melee any day of the week given they are equally good. Melee are at a severe disadvantage on many fights.

  10. #50
    Warlocks - not because they are the strongest (they are quite good dpswise, but mages do more dmg single target, boomkins are equal on multitarget fights and ranged hybrids are very strong nowadays because of their utility), but good warlocks are still very rare. there arent many top guilds, who have more than 2 good warlocks. but almost everyone has 3-4 mages, 2+ boomkins, 3+ hunters.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •