Thread: New Laptop

New Laptop

Looking to buy a laptop to replace my current desktop which is around 7 years old would just buy another desktop but I'm busy with my firefighter training a lot.

Looking for an ASUS,MSI, or Sony Vaio. Don't really care for the other top manufacturers such as dell and HP.
    Needs to have a dedicated graphics card doesn't need to be amazing. I do not want to spend a lot of money on this.

How much is "alot of money" to you?

What are you going to be doing with it?
    i5-4670k 4.2GHz | EVGA GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | 256GB 840 EVO | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Steelseries Rival | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8

600-700 dollars right now is my budget. And the normal things plus minor gaming like wow and lol.

I have an ASUS N53SM, not available in many countries, but good quality to price ratio. Paid €799 for mine with the following specs:

2.2Ghz Intel i7 Quad Core
    8Gb RAM
    GeForce 630GT M
    750Gb HDD
    Full HD 1920x1080 screen
    DVD-RW
    Gigabit Ethernet and Wireless N
    Couple USB2.0 and a USB3.0
    Built in webcam and microphone
    Bang & Olfsen ICEpower speakers.

Really nice system, pretty good battery life (4-5 hours in power saving mode), looks good, not too heavy.

Maybe one of the other laptops in the ASUS N series might be good for your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    I have an ASUS N53SM, not available in many countries, but good quality to price ratio. Paid €799 for mine with the following specs:

2.2Ghz Intel i7 Quad Core
    8Gb RAM
    GeForce 630GT M
    750Gb HDD
    Full HD 1920x1080 screen
    DVD-RW
    Gigabit Ethernet and Wireless N
    Couple USB2.0 and a USB3.0
    Built in webcam and microphone
    Bang & Olfsen ICEpower speakers.

Really nice system, pretty good battery life (4-5 hours in power saving mode), looks good, not too heavy.

Maybe one of the other laptops in the ASUS N series might be good for your needs.
    That would be over my price range here.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenPariah View Post
    That would be over my price range here.
    Ah $600-800 not €600-800, my mistake.

There are some cheaper models in the same range which might be more in your price range, but you'll be hard pressed to get gaming graphics for that

You can't convert euro to US $, if it costs €800 in your country then it's probably going to cost $800 in the states. Simply due to import taxes, VAT, shipping etc.
    i5-4670k 4.2GHz | EVGA GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | 256GB 840 EVO | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Steelseries Rival | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8