Having major DPS issues, I think I'm just confused

Hi there,

So every time I go into LFR or heroics, I see these destro locks doing retarded burst damage. When I log onto mine, it's like the complete opposite. The Desto Guide is kinda outdated (i think anyway? it says "Remember the game is in beta" the first part of it) and I feel confused on my damage. I played AFF/Demo all through cata, and i just recently (dinged 90 like 4 days ago) picked up warlock again.

My gear is 474 don't get me wrong it's not amazing, but I feel like something is missing. Like I did a raid last night, 10 man Moshu normal, and the other warlock who was 469 was doing more damage than me (granted he did have the trinket off elegon). Idk what I'm doing wrong. It's depressing me lol.

*I did 58k DPS Aff on Normal 10 Will if that's any clue.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...gndpi/advanced

If you don't link armory and logs you're not going to get any help. Considering how low your item level is you can't expect to do any decent level of DPS.

I don't have any of the logs from last night, however I think I'm just seeing if my gear is going the right direction

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Check out the link below for Brusalks thread, excellent guide and mega in depth video, helped me out a lot when I came back from a break this xpac.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...hlight=Brusalk

Hope this helps mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyse View Post
    Hi there,

So every time I go into LFR or heroics, I see these destro locks doing retarded burst damage. When I log onto mine, it's like the complete opposite. The Desto Guide is kinda outdated (i think anyway? it says "Remember the game is in beta" the first part of it) and I feel confused on my damage. I played AFF/Demo all through cata, and i just recently (dinged 90 like 4 days ago) picked up warlock again.

My gear is 474 don't get me wrong it's not amazing, but I feel like something is missing. Like I did a raid last night, 10 man Moshu normal, and the other warlock who was 469 was doing more damage than me (granted he did have the trinket off elegon). Idk what I'm doing wrong. It's depressing me lol.

*I did 58k DPS Aff on Normal 10 Will if that's any clue.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...gndpi/advanced
    Will is a fight that will easily show the good locks from the average or inexperienced locks. The key to success on Will is multi dotting of course. And using the hell out of sb:ss and restoring shards from adds. Try to keep dots rolling on as much as you can manage. And be humbled. Don't be afraid to ask your fellow lock what he is doing. You can learn from them. Too many times I've seen same class guildies in quiet competition with each other, and too proud to ask one another for tips on what they're doing. That should have been your first recourse. He's doing something right. So why not ask him?
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

I'd say, at this point, pick either Destro or Affliction to focus on gearing wise (slightly different).

Destro damage is kinda silly over the course of a fight. It bursts hard, but then dips, then bursts again, all depending on Ember generation and CDs. Regardless of the spec, make sure you're pre-potting+Dark Soul for the best results, then weave into the normal normal rotation.

Deleted
    Go and check my affliction warlock guide on youtube.com/blazefurytv (look on right side and click on guides) everything is explained there (unless you don't know what core abilities does what but i assume u do)