Thread: Joy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Melanieshaman View Post
    So, there seems to be too little of this in the world today. Tell champs, what fills you with utter joy?
    I feel pretty dumb (as in, emotionally), but having an understanding girlfriend (regarding personal needs) makes me incredibly happy.

I probably don't tell her enough.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/1 | Mafia: 0/5/5 | TPR: 0/2/3
    SK: 0/1/1 | VT: 1.5/3.5/5 | Cult: 1/0/1
    Legendary Overlooked, Glyphmaster Gunhaver

Joy - My partner and the birth of my 2 daughters.

Sadness – Finding out that my youngest daughter is profoundly deaf at 5 weeks (she’s now 3 years old). Nothing more gut wrenching than being told that your new born has somert wrong with her. But hey 3 years on and she’s awesome both my daughters are and so is my partner.

Certain breeds of dogs. The way I act around them is just pitiful and undignified. I just love them so much.

I was one of those kids who was so relentless in his nagging about wanting a dog that two totally unwilling and allergic parents had no choice but to give in and let me have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanieshaman View Post
    Tell champs, what fills you with utter joy?
    I will hafz to ask Elyaan.

Bread is the paper of the food industry.
    You write your sandwich on it.

Joy is a tough one. Happiness is much easier - joy to me is another level of happiness that is so strong everyone around you can see it. I can't remember the last time I felt joy just from myself, happiness sure, but not joy. The last joy I felt was meeting my last girlfriend and hitting it off. It can be called infatuation, but in the beginning I felt like I was always smiling and beaming with joy.

Getting out of the military with full disability after they were going through a reduction in force, told me I'd be receiving shit, and as well as telling me I had the possibility of losing my GI bill. Sometimes I still can't believe it, but when I check my accounts on the first of every month, no lie, feels like I won the damn lottery, and my heart bursts with joy. True story.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I will hafz to ask Elyaan.
    Hahah, oh god <3

My electronic devices which have consumed my life
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    If rogues become shit, all they can become is a different type of shit.

I don't really know... knowing someone cares about me too the way I do about them.

Bloodsail Admiral DownButStillOut's Avatar
    Hugging people
    ..Right after hugging one of my sick friends; Currently I'm sick because of it and so are some of my friends. In total truth I regret nothing.
    BeeeeeeeoooooOOOOoooooooooooooooOOOO-FFFSSSHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM!!!
    My attempt at being less of a pessimist was choosing Dawnbringer as my choice of server.
    I regret somethings! (like setting this in my signature)

Watching a film with the fire on and a blanket over my feet, late at night with a hot snack and an ice cold drink of mango juice.

Can forget about everything and just indulge in a moment of warmth, comfort and quiet.

Making someone happy.
    Seeing the smile on their faces because of something I did.

Lots of things, but to add to your list, definitely My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. It's filled with so much sugary optimism it's intoxicating.

The song Joy to the World.

And all other Christmas music.
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

Steak
    Rare drops
    Stuff inappropriate for this forum

Field Marshal
    Honestly can't really remember the last time I felt "joy". As someone else mentioned it's on a different tier to happiness. I'd guess I haven't really felt joy since I was a little kid, but there's still time. c:
    I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be, than me.

Kitten showing up in my doorsteps while I listen to Fearless, a plate of delicious food in hand getting ready to watch the Big Bang Theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Seelenjaeger View Post
    Making someone happy.
    Yeah, this. Knowing you made a positive impact in someone's day, even if it's something small.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

Music and spending time with my girlfriend.

Also, when people show appreciation for your work.

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 02:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Seelenjaeger View Post
    Making someone happy.
    This too!
    Intel i5 3570K @ 4.5GHz | Intel 120GB SSD | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | ASUS Xonar Essence STX | ASUS GTX670-DCUII
    Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 | Corsair H100i | Corsair HX650W | Fractal Design R4 | Dual 23" IPS Monitors| Razer Deathadder | Gigabyte Aivia Osmium