Terrible fps on new hard drive

I've had Diablo3 on my SSD for awhile and it's been running just fine. I just bought a new HDD, and decided to move Diablo3 over to the new hard drive to save space on my SSD. But now when I go to play Diablo, I am getting terrible fps drops(usually locking my game completely up for 1 or 2 seconds at a time).

I've ran multiple programs to check my speeds, and all of them seem normal. I've tried different sata ports and different sata cables and still get that same results. Any idea on what could be wrong?

Currently using - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822136533

Speed test - http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/9706/dsky.png

Try uninstalling it, and actually re-installing it, rather than just moving it.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Diablo just runs a lot better from a SSD.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

10+ Year Old Account
    "I downgraded my system and now things run slower."

The SSD is the best thing to happen to me for D3

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    "I downgraded my system and now things run slower."

The SSD is the best thing to happen to me for D3
    I had to move D3 to make room for different games. And it's not about it running slower. It's about D3 pretty much being unplayable, because the game completely locks up for seconds at a time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupii View Post
    I had to move D3 to make room for different games. And it's not about it running slower. It's about D3 pretty much being unplayable, because the game completely locks up for seconds at a time.
    Diablo III is the only game I have played where I really think SSD is close to being mandatory. Every time you see
    an effect for the first time after launching the game the game will wait for your HDD to load the effect.

Obviously you can make it less painful by using all your abilities once in the town but I recommend you put Diablo III
    back to your SSD if you feel like still playing it.

I have no idea why the game can't at least load the spells you are using and the Mortar/Plagued/etc. effects during the
    loading screen as they are frequently used every time you play the game -_-
    Last edited by juzalol; 2013-01-13 at 04:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupii View Post
    My game locked up a lot too, then I moved it to an SSD and never had a problem again.

You can also use a USB flash drive to play D3 off of and have no FPS drops or stutter effects that you seem to be having.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    With a WD black the op shouldn't experience any major performance drops.

@op I think diablo 3 has a repair function in one of the launcher menus, try running that. If that doesn't work I would do as somebody else suggested and redownload and install the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    With a WD black the op shouldn't experience any major performance drops.
    The WD Black doesn't have any better performance than any other HDD... unless it was like an eco 5400rpm.

That said, if it is a software issue, just redownload. It probably could have already been fixed by now.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    The WD Black doesn't have any better performance than any other HDD... unless it was like an eco 5400rpm.
    This isn't completely true, the WD Black series are the fastest 7200RPM drives, they have slightly lower access time and a bit higher IOPS. However they still can't even get close to a SSD.

WD Black series have a hard time reaching 200 IOPS where most SSDs have above 50k IOPS at 4K reads. That makes an immense difference when it comes to loading tons of small files.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450