Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    I logged in to the game this morning and oq is no longer finding teams (it normally has around 30-40). Is there something wrong with oq atm or is it on my end ?

  2. #42
    its on your end. currently 32 teams going hordeside.

  3. #43
    I'm trying to set it up

    I get plenty of friend requests, but when I go to the " pending " box to accept new friends...there are none in the " pending " box

    anyone know what could cause this

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Delznope View Post
    I've seen no blue post stating this.
    The rest of us did.

    IIRC it was a long post between mid dec and now.

    http://blue.mmo-champion.com and front page.

    It boiled down to it not being allowed to queue with more than 5 people to a BG. If you wanna queue together with more than 5, go do rated.
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    The rest of us did.

    IIRC it was a long post between mid dec and now.

    http://blue.mmo-champion.com and front page.

    It boiled down to it not being allowed to queue with more than 5 people to a BG. If you wanna queue together with more than 5, go do rated.
    So basically there's no post that matters about banning people who use OQ from a blue that works for blizzard? Kk.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Delznope View Post
    So basically there's no post that matters about banning people who use OQ from a blue that works for blizzard? Kk.
    Basically the lack of me finding it for you doesn't deny its very existence. It was widely discussed and covered. Stay in denial kid. Also, I never said you'd get banned for using OQ or AV enabler. You can use it to queue with max 5 people, that's what I said. More than 5, BGs aren't meant for; rated BG is. So yes, if you use an addon (whatever the f. its name is) to do that, you break ToS.
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

  7. #47
    Shouldn't be that hard to find right? I mean you've provided links to useless text so you've definitely done some looking. Keep looking bro. I challenge you to submit proof of any bannings, or even an employee of blizzard saying that you will be banned from using OQ.

    So far all that's been posted is a blue posting that said using such addons was "not in the spirit of the experience we want to provide in the normal Battleground queue".... lol.
    I think i speak for everyone when i say, Fuck blizzards battleground experience that they've provided.

  8. #48
    I downloaded Oque a few days ago, and for those who are curious about the addon, I will describe a few things about it. I don't use the addon for premade random BGs because people mostly use this addon to find Rated BGs. Occasionally there is "lfm for premade random bgs" but its not often. Before using OQue, I mostly just ran a lot of random bgs with the occasional RBG i could find maybe once per week on my small pve server, but now I can run RBGs several times a day with this addon. Love it!
    And for those who are knocking it because they assume people use it to cheat the random bg system (by making premades), just know that random bg groups aren't as popular as RBGs in this addon. You can make a premade for a random BG with this addon, but since you can only group with 4 other people, the bg can easily still result in you losing, especially if you get a 15v15 or higher BG. It's not as big an exploit as people claim IMO. So download it if you want to do more RBGs and enjoy.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Smileymage View Post
    I downloaded Oque a few days ago, and for those who are curious about the addon, I will describe a few things about it. I don't use the addon for premade random BGs because people mostly use this addon to find Rated BGs. Occasionally there is "lfm for premade random bgs" but its not often. Before using OQue, I mostly just ran a lot of random bgs with the occasional RBG i could find maybe once per week on my small pve server, but now I can run RBGs several times a day with this addon. Love it!
    And for those who are knocking it because they assume people use it to cheat the random bg system (by making premades), just know that random bg groups aren't as popular as RBGs in this addon. You can make a premade for a random BG with this addon, but since you can only group with 4 other people, the bg can easily still result in you losing, especially if you get a 15v15 or higher BG. It's not as big an exploit as people claim IMO. So download it if you want to do more RBGs and enjoy.
    We were doing 35 man AV q's the other day.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Delznope View Post
    We were doing 35 man AV q's the other day.
    you shoulden't do that since like others has stated before me it is against the tearm of service and was higly discussed and may get you banned if you get reported.
    the reason behind this is it simply not fair for the oposing team since alot of random people won't stand a chance against a almost full premade somewhat orginaised group.

    by all means you don't have to listen to the people in this treath but i just wantet to give you a warning that this is not okay whit blizz and you can get banned

  11. #51
    I understand its been discussed, by random people on a forum. Yes. However can you provide a link to any blizzard employee staying that Q'ing with more than 5 people will get you banned or is against terms of service?

    Random people on some forums saying its against terms of service and providing no proof... im over it.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiekyerbooty View Post
    I'm trying to set it up

    I get plenty of friend requests, but when I go to the " pending " box to accept new friends...there are none in the " pending " box

    anyone know what could cause this
    All those friend requests must not mean, someone wants to add you. As far as i understood the technics, the communication between the people using the addon works mostly via the "b.net dialogues". So a request is also sent if someone is checking your or other groups, but it gets cancelled by the addon directly.

  13. #53
    Seems like you're advertising the addon like you were the beneficiary here.

  14. #54
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Dundee, Scotland
    Posts
    2,575
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5966976836

    A thread about the add-on that has been going since November, with the main post being highly rated. I seriously doubt that a thread about an add-on that "could get you banned" could still be going 3 months later, especially with the big "come and see me Blizzard" highly rated post that it is. No doubt Blizzard has seen the thread, seen the add-on and have said nothing about it.

    As said previously by several people, Blizzard have never said once that you can actually get banned for using such add-ons. In fact, Blizzard themselves said they broke the other major PvP add-on simply because it wasn't "in the spirit of the game", not because it was against the ToS.

    Also relevant :-

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...20?page=12#231

    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    You've made the assumption that all those things were accomplished expressly so that you could queue into battlegrounds as an organized group against disorganized opponents? That assumption is mistaken. If you want organized PvP against organized opponents, as you claim, that experience is readily available.

    No one's wrist was slapped. There have been no suspensions over this issue. We're just making our stance on the subject clear, so that there's no room for misunderstanding.
    Last edited by rewn; 2013-01-16 at 08:39 AM.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    Seems like you're advertising the addon like you were the beneficiary here.
    It might seem that way. I am advertising... mainly because I personally endured the bg system as is for so long. This addon saved this game for me. I like being on a team where everyone is trying again. Where its not just about grinding bg's for honor. Where people actually engage others in Alterac Valley. Where people don't give up after the other team scores once in Warsong Gulch.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 08:40 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5966976836

    A thread about the add-on that has been going since November, with the main post being highly rated. I seriously doubt that a thread about an add-on that "could get you banned" could still be going 3 months later, especially with the big "come and see me Blizzard" highly rated post that it is. No doubt Blizzard has seen the thread, seen the add-on and have said nothing about it.

    As said previously by several people, Blizzard have never said once that you can actually get banned for using such add-ons. In fact, Blizzard themselves said they broke the other major PvP add-on simply because it wasn't "in the spirit of the game", not because it was against the ToS.

    Also relevant :-

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...20?page=12#231

    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    You've made the assumption that all those things were accomplished expressly so that you could queue into battlegrounds as an organized group against disorganized opponents? That assumption is mistaken. If you want organized PvP against organized opponents, as you claim, that experience is readily available.

    No one's wrist was slapped. There have been no suspensions over this issue. We're just making our stance on the subject clear, so that there's no room for misunderstanding.
    Thank you.

  16. #56
    So i currently play EU side of the border and i am literally engrossed on finding out if this addon works and if i can currently find likewise players like myself that love co-ordinated PVP as a team.

  17. #57
    I use it on EU as of last night Ashenz, 20 rateds done in 2hours with the same group. it works and works well.

  18. #58
    Well I just downloaded it, but I must be doing something wrong as I can't find a single person. Could someone PM me with some help on how to set this up properly? Im EU, don't know if that makes any difference.

  19. #59
    just open EQ hit submit battletag then either hit ''create premade'' or hit ''wait'' and it will put you into a list of people for the leader to check gear etc to make sure you meet his requirments then you gen an invite, atleast thats how it happend for me last night.

  20. #60
    oQueue currently works in basically the same was as Preform AV Enabler, with the added benefit of a social mesh.

    Preform AV has been around for YEARS (somewhere around TBC launch?). To my knowledge, there have never been any wide-sweeping bans of players for using Preform.

    I've been using oQueue for 6+ months, playing hundreds of games, and have never been banned. I'm active in the community, and I don't know of anyone that's been specifically banned for using it. There have been a few "false positives" that ended up being bans for other activity (mostly high-profile leaders being targeted by reports of being a bot).

    In a perfect world, Blizz would allow preformed PVP in non-rated BG's. Their "just do RBG's" is not really a solution. I want the low-pressure game play of a BG without having to worry about rating.

    Love it, or hate it. That's fine. oQueue is the only reason I've kept my WoW subscription, as is the only decent way to avoid having a team full of bots.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •