Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Can confirm that the blue posts were a response to full 10man groups being made possible by this addon. THAT is what they didn't want and hotfixed. 5mans is another story.

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    Awesome man, just downloaded the addon. There seems to be no premades currently going on for me though. Also, should I of accepted the invite of the scorekeeper... or not? xD
    There are 38 premades going atm for horde in the US

15+ Year Old Account
    Well I be damned. This might just be the thing I've needed all along.

Regardless of what is Blizzard's stance on queueing addons, just the sole fact that the community would come up with addon like this and use it en masse is indication enough that playerbase is fed up with the bots. I know damn right that I myself stopped doing regular BGs altogether for that very reason.

Just used OQ for the first time today, where I went 1 and 1 in RBGs. I got my 2200 conquest points capped out for the first time this season :-) Thanks OQueue people!

Quote Originally Posted by discoepfeand View Post
    Just used OQ for the first time today, where I went 1 and 1 in RBGs. I got my 2200 conquest points capped out for the first time this season :-) Thanks OQueue people!
    Very cool

Deleted
    So I guess the addon doesn't allow raid groups to queue together like AV enabler. That is nice indeed, I can see he beauty of this addon then. I suppose it kinda stemmed from the Openraid (and such) community. But do people realize the privacy implications? At least I disabled showing up in other people's realID/BattleTag list. I don't want random strangers adding me, or knowing my real name and e-mail when it is none of their business. I get the concept of friend of friend and with realID I was sortof OK with it, but ever since BattleTag and now furthermore this innovation I'm like "no thanks".

It adds battletags not real id, so they wont know your email or real name.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delznope View Post
    It adds battletags not real id, so they wont know your email or real name.
    You didn't understand. Let me explain again: not mine, but you can still snoop through the list of someone's BattleTag and see their contacts (realID and BattleTag) and they can see yours. Now imagine this possibility with total strangers queuing together for a battleground. The only way to disable this is on Battle.net account privacy settings.

If someone adds your battletag they see all of your realid friends' battletags, not their actual names.

I tested it with a guildie, he couldn't see anyones real names, only their batteltags were showing.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    You didn't understand. Let me explain again: not mine, but you can still snoop through the list of someone's BattleTag and see their contacts (realID and BattleTag) and they can see yours. Now imagine this possibility with total strangers queuing together for a battleground. The only way to disable this is on Battle.net account privacy settings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gande View Post
    If someone adds your battletag they see all of your realid friends' battletags, not their actual names.

I tested it with a guildie, he couldn't see anyones real names, only their batteltags were showing.
    -_- I did understand.

Deleted
    Oh hmm, OK. Must've been fixed then.

Did some randoms without oq just now and remembered why i have it.

So, this addon - it lets you setup groups for rated BG's too or just random? Might be tempted to throw some time and effort at it, used to lead rated BG's (S9/10) so easy to arrange groups of folks with similar wants could be amazing.

Edit: Jeeeees, just checked screenshots. That...looks...amazing.

I made a shitload of friends from random spam RBG's (eventually building my own team from my friends list as a result) and taking that multi-server could be jaw droppingly awesome. I'm all over this like a shell suit over a scouser the moment I get home
    Last edited by mercutiouk; 2013-01-15 at 09:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

If you're really worried about such things, shouldn't you have deactivated it before adding total strangers?

Deleted
    the addon is banned and only worked in 5.0.5

Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    the addon is banned and only worked in 5.0.5
    The addon is still a different one and you still can't read.

AmIdoingitright?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    If you're really worried about such things, shouldn't you have deactivated it before adding total strangers?
    You don't understand. This happened when friends of my friend looked in the friend-list of my friend. I can't control who my friend adds to their friend-list (and that's OK).

Consider
    A: Me.
    B: My friend.
    C: My friend's friend; stranger to me.

A <-> B <-> C

If A and B had each other on realID, C could look through B's friend-list and see A's real-name.

And yeah, it is a privacy issue. For example, I found the real-name of the GM of a top guild because my friend played in that guild. That person apparently shared the same first name as me, and people looked through the friend-list of my friend to try to add me to realID but added the wrong person that way (I'm not in that list; I disabled that) because they assumed it was me. Woops.

Anyway, apparently the above doesn't work if you both use BattleTag.

10+ Year Old Account
    What Blizzard is saying is you can queue with max 5 people. If you want to queue as a raid group you can queue rated BG. Else, you're breaking ToS. Simple really. But some people just don't want to listen...

I said ages ago Preform AV enabler was circumventing game mechanic. It is really, really simple. If Blizzard wants you to queue with 39 other freinds they'd enable this feature. Then it'd possible to queue with a raid group. But it isn't. Now they finally have become more clear and firm on this matter.
    This. Alastaircrawly is misinformed; oQueue can be used to form groups of more than 5, and yes, doing so will get you banned. You can also use oQueue to gather a group of up to 5 players, and enter a BG with that. Based on my own experience, even a premade group of as little as 3 can drastically improve your fortunes, and those of your teams (perhaps not for large BGs like AV & IoC).

To be honest, I was initially a little against it, but oQueue has actually done more to make me engage with others in the WoW community (and actually enjoy doing so) than any feature Blizzard have implemented in a very, very long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

If Blizzard was serious about banning things like this, step one would be getting serious about solving the botting problem once and for all, with an iron fist.

Quote Originally Posted by Inahu View Post
    This. Alastaircrawly is misinformed; oQueue can be used to form groups of more than 5, and yes, doing so will get you banned. You can also use oQueue to gather a group of up to 5 players, and enter a BG with that. Based on my own experience, even a premade group of as little as 3 can drastically improve your fortunes, and those of your teams (perhaps not for large BGs like AV & IoC).

To be honest, I was initially a little against it, but oQueue has actually done more to make me engage with others in the WoW community (and actually enjoy doing so) than any feature Blizzard have implemented in a very, very long time.
    I've seen no blue post stating this.