Thread: Cow Clicking

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
    You get three extra boss rolls if you do 45 dailies. That impacts your rate of gear acquisition considerably.
    You bitch about there being no grind and then bring up TBC. then you bitch about having to do 45dailys a week....Pick do you want to grind or do you want things handed to you.

Why as a mod left this open?¿?¿?¿
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Blizzard added challenge modes if you want challenge in your 5 mans of a variety other then the mentally kind you find in random groups in the lfd.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You bitch about there being no grind and then bring up TBC. then you bitch about having to do 45dailys a week....Pick do you want to grind or do you want things handed to you.

exactly he says he wants challenging content yet he says he cant be arsed to spend 15 minutes a day to get the required coins
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    No particular reason to close it yet. Continue discussing it, move on, or whatever. I'll visit again in the morning.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Then do heroic mode go for world first's do solo's no one has done and do challenge mode that is what they are there for. What you want is there you just refuse to do it.

By the way you most invest time in all MMO's to be rewarded this has never changed at all wow has been that way forever and so has every other mmo made. Each just takes a different amount of time.

/End Thread.
    That's not even on point at all. I don't need to be the best in the world. I've never been able to maintain that level of commitment.

But there needs to be something in between heroic raiders and LFR scrubs, and right now, there really isn't. The game rewards performance among the super-committed and time-investment for everyone else.

I want to be a good player, and I want to be able to earn distinctions for being a good player. Challenge modes would be fantastic, if they were part of the progression path. As it is, almost nobody attempts them.

There used to be guilds that mostly progressed in the normal modes, raiding one or two nights a week. Those guilds are gone on most servers. Those people now gear in the LFR and then maybe PuG down some of the normal bosses later on.
    Author of DON'T EVER GET OLD , Nominated for the Edgar, Anthony and Thriller awards for Best First Novel.
    My Blog: http://danieljfriedman.blogspot.com
    My Warcraft/Gaming Blog: http://biggerthankologarn.blogspot.com
    My Twitter: http://twitter.com/DanFriedman81

Deleted
    You get three extra boss rolls if you do 45 dailies. That impacts your rate of gear acquisition considerably.
    They have zero impact if you don't do the actual raid to kill the boss and use a coin on.

If you don't do heroic raids, those coins are not going to help you get better gear.

If you do heroic raids, then how the hell are you struggling to find that challenging?

Additionally, if you do heroic raids - how are you finding coin-farming a problem? You've always had to farm flasks, that was never challenging - it was mandatory though. Now you get flasks for free from the farm and they ask you to put in 20minutes of effort each week to get 45 tokens (and if you're hardcore, you'll have ground all of the reps to exalted on launch, like I did, and still be sat on 800 lesser charms despite not having done any dailies in months, bar the 5.1 chain).

But there needs to be something in between heroic raiders and LFR scrubs, and right now, there really isn't. The game rewards performance among the super-committed and time-investment for everyone else.

I want to be a good player, and I want to be able to earn distinctions for being a good player. Challenge modes would be fantastic, if they were part of the progression path. As it is, almost nobody attempts them.

There used to be guilds that mostly progressed in the normal modes, raiding one or two nights a week. Those guilds are gone on most servers. Those people now gear in the LFR and then maybe PuG down some of the normal bosses later on.
    "most" servers? I'm on a pretty backwater one and we still have heaps of those guilds, they're dead on your server maybe, not "most".

Also, challenge modes. The whole point of them is that they need to be done fast, if you don't have time to commit - go do them.

If you want a challenge AND gear AND can't put the time in to do normal / heroic raids, then that is YOUR problem, not blizzards. Raiding needs less time than ever these days, it's your circumstances that have changed, not the games - don't go blaming LFR on you not having enough time to commit, although even then - I remember there being high performance guilds that raided 4 hour a week, put some time into finding one if you want a challenge that much, but don't expect them to just crop up on your server, hell - start the guild yourself.

If you can't get any enjoyment out of the game because of YOUR time commitments, then it's you who needs to change, not the game. Stop blaming the game for your problems.
    Last edited by mmoc1571eb5575; 2013-01-13 at 09:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want to grind for everything. I don't want to grind at all. I want to play, I want to face challenges, and I want to win.

Instead, I get a game that eats time and spits out progression based on intervals of time invested, instead of a game that poses challenges and rewards me for conquering them.

For example, your rate of gear acquisition in MoP is tied to your willingness to do at least 45 daily quests per week.

And maybe it's true that if dungeons are hard, I don't want to do them every day, but when they're easy, I don't want to do them at all. The rewards no longer signify anything.
    You should play other kind of games then. RPG is all about grind, so does MMORPG. It is all about grind.
    If you browse steam shop, you can find games like magika, dungeon defenders and so on. I think it will fit your expectations from games.
    Or diablo 3, they did great job on balancing grind with auction (you don't have to grind at all, you can level up to max level, and buy gear)
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2013-01-13 at 09:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

That's not even on point at all. I don't need to be the best in the world. I've never been able to maintain that level of commitment.

While I still think your full of it, you've got a bit of a leg to stand on. If you want to raid "casually", then doing your dailies is something that's going to be expected of you as you're not progression past the usefulness of those items.

This has been the opposite of what I've seen. Most guilds expect players to run LFR in their own time and have it done before raid. Normal mode progression may require a pug or two but it's a spot-filler not a "pug run."
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

so you dont want to be good at the game you want to be average and instead of trying to be good at the game you want to keep being average and have blizzard give you cookies and say "what an average little puppy you arent quite as ugly as that little nooblet in greens heres a piece of gear they cant have but you can its crappy compared to what the good players have but you're average which means your the middle man"
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    exactly he says he wants challenging content yet he says he cant be arsed to spend 15 minutes a day to get the required coins
    That is exactly what I am saying. The coins are an empty demand on my time. They shouldn't exist.

I would rather do Cata heroics for blues if I feel like I am winning something than stare glass-eyed at LFR for 45 minutes and then get my slot-machine roll.

Getting blue gear from cata heroics meant you had succeeded at something that many other players failed at. LFR loot means nothing.
    Author of DON'T EVER GET OLD , Nominated for the Edgar, Anthony and Thriller awards for Best First Novel.
    My Blog: http://danieljfriedman.blogspot.com
    My Warcraft/Gaming Blog: http://biggerthankologarn.blogspot.com
    My Twitter: http://twitter.com/DanFriedman81

That is exactly what I am saying. The coins are an empty demand on my time. They shouldn't exist.

I would rather do Cata heroics for blues if I feel like I am winning something than stare glass-eyed at LFR for 45 minutes and then get my slot-machine roll.

Getting blue gear from cata heroics meant you had succeeded at something that many other players failed at. LFR loot means nothing.
    Wasn't aware that LFR was the only difficulty available now. I must have missed the patch that removed normal and heroic difficulties.

I used to have to log on 3/4 nights a week to gear my char,prep for raids and raid so that I could see all content. Now I just need to log on once (If I can be bothered), do LFR and now Ive seen all the fights. Even if they are dumbed down versions, the content is the same regardless of difficulty. Everything else to me is completely optional. There are lots of other games I play and enjoy, it was the carrot of progression that always kept me logging in to WOW almost religiously.
    "I'm a beaver in a hole, if you don't know what that is then I feel sorry for you"

so you want to be average but pretend that you're good by saying "yeah im not good but look at that guy he hasnt even been in a raid"

Add to that the undesirable gear they keep adding. Let me throw the salt on that wound, and a lot of salt for that matter. It's all numbers mixed with best in slot (BIS). There is no unique items, in fact, there are BARELY any unique items. You have one or two choices for each slot of your gear. The Set items haven't changed for ages. There aren't cool set items, either. Most gear design look retard bad. Warrior Tier 15 is TERRIBLE all together for raiding. The game became a grind-fest. LFR is stupid as hell and it's just super bad. Upgrade system is extremely terrible, too (they should have made it to do something like kill 1000 normals, 100 elites, 25 bosses and go to an NPC to make the upgrade with a large sum of gold, like 500 or 1000 for example).

Personally, the only thing that's still much alive in the game is PvP. And in order to have fun there, you need a set of group of players to PvP or an active PvP guild ... I'm not a big PvP'er, but I do ... or used to do it once in a while (I'm not a clicker, either).

I quit the game for 3 months since mid of September, joined back beginning of January only to have tens of whispers asking me to join their guild (my current guild fell apart because of MoP and the LONG delay to release it, everyone got bored so they quit or joined another guild). Joined one guild, played for few days ... and then I quit.

I purchased GW2 and as much as I like this game, I keep thinking why didn't Blizzard implement these amazing features in WoW. Why did they add that stupid Battle Pet crap and farmville or whatever? And the grind-fest is just freaking overwhelming to keep up with ... Why did they NOT add GW2 features and improve on them? There's about 15 different features GW2 completely pawns WoW in that aspect but at the same time, GW2's Weapon Skill system is just as boring and terrible - I stand on these terms.

All in all ... I have one thing to say - Project Titan. Looking forward to it. Blizzard better deliver a good game since they moved all their veterans to develop that game.
    Last edited by Tatsujin; 2013-01-13 at 10:03 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wookybear View Post
    Even if they are dumbed down versions, the content is the same regardless of difficulty.
    And that's how you can tell you've not stepped foot into a heroic raid. They're as different to LFR as they are to a dungeon.

LFR loot in 4.3 meant everything. It meant you had those great set bonuses.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

I don't want to grind for everything. I don't want to grind at all. I want to play, I want to face challenges, and I want to win.
    Not quite. You already admitted that the point of playing WoW as opposed to other games (where you could also face challenges and win) is that you want to be special. You want to stand out.... moreover, you want other people to stop and gawk at how awesome you are, and you're upset that LFR and the like have reduced the amount of people who do that. I'm not particularly sympathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatsujin View Post
    All in all ... I have one thing to say - Project Titan. Looking forward to it. Blizzard better deliver a good game since they moved all their veterans to develop that game.
    HA i cant wait when you find out titan is a casual game thats probably free to play and has ingame ads

10+ Year Old Account

So what you're really saying is that you want the game set up so only the 'good' players get to see the real end game. Like I said earlier, Blizzard no longer has an interest in creating new exclusive content that only 1%-5% will ever see. Over the long run, that would really mean less raids. That's not even contestable any longer. I agree with whomever it was upthread that mentioned that the T15 raid would probably not even exist without LFR in the works so that a lot of people can see it.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I agree with whomever it was upthread that mentioned that the T15 raid would probably not even exist without LFR in the works so that a lot of people can see it.
    Oh it would exist, it would just be Firelands sized.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the 2 tiers after LFR are added are so big (and so fucking well made), that they're almost TOO big.