1. #1
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    59

    Bringing in a new player.

    Hey.

    I have a friend that wants to start playing some pvp.
    She has played some wow back in the days, and back then she played casters the most.
    She is not interested in healing, but want to go as a caster dps.
    As she is quite busy on other areas, she is looking for the easiest class to master.

    If you have any thoughts about which professions that would suit a pvp caster, feel free to shout out.

    Thank you for your time.

  2. #2
    Herald of the Titans Azerox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,518
    I would recommend Spriest with BS and JC (level them while u level).

    U say 'some' PvP, sounds to me not aiming for top bracket

  3. #3
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    59
    Not aiming high. This is for fun.

  4. #4
    Old God Arrowstormen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    10,604
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    I would recommend Spriest with BS and JC (level them while u level).

    U say 'some' PvP, sounds to me not aiming for top bracket
    Sounds rather expensive without mining.
    Being critical is a burden which some people loves to bear.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullbanger View Post
    Hey.

    I have a friend that wants to start playing some pvp.
    She has played some wow back in the days, and back then she played casters the most.
    She is not interested in healing, but want to go as a caster dps.
    As she is quite busy on other areas, she is looking for the easiest class to master.

    If you have any thoughts about which professions that would suit a pvp caster, feel free to shout out.

    Thank you for your time.
    All of this is based off general players not skilled players. A good player can do anything and kick the crap out of most people in pvp.

    The easiest answer is Frost mage or Demo lock.

    Ele Shaman has a lot of burst but tends to get ripped apart somewhat easy. Shadow priest has good survival but lacks the strong burst to blitz someone down. Arcane mage and Fire mage both have some strength but lack the ability to lock people down and can get rolled. Boomkin are fairly complex to mastery and still get burned down a lot. Desto locks and Affliction locks can both work but are not nearly as easy to handle as Demo.

    In battlegrounds it is all equal because you never know when you will get hit 5v1 or you have cool downs and they don't. This also applys more for 2s arena vs 3s or 5s as that is not an area I have much experience with.

  6. #6
    Titan MerinPally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chemistry block.
    Posts
    11,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Sounds rather expensive without mining.
    Just leveled my monk from 1-85 and that was with a ton of heirlooms and the 50% exp bonus monks get from the daily and I have plenty of cash for profession leveling. If you had to do more quests/dungeons you'd have even more. I just dinged 85 and have 3.8k and I've spent at least 2k on random bits whilst leveling. So call it 6k and then add another 1k on at least from the extra bits you'd do whilst leveling that I didn't. 7k sounds a nice amount to level those profs to a somewhat decent level, then you'll make a shedload doing MOP stuff
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Oh shut the fuck up you spack cunt.

  7. #7
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    all over the world
    Posts
    2,503
    id go with a lock with jc'ing mining. i didnt have every class to 90 before i quit but i had 4 or 5 and pvping was the most enjoyable to me on my lock. the reason i suggest mining with jcing instead of blacksmithing is because without mining, jcing will be fairly expensive to level up. yea blacksmithing would give you the greatest stat gain but if youre not going to be expecting to hit top end arenas or rbgs then i dont think its needed

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-13 at 10:23 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Just leveled my monk from 1-85 and that was with a ton of heirlooms and the 50% exp bonus monks get from the daily and I have plenty of cash for profession leveling. If you had to do more quests/dungeons you'd have even more. I just dinged 85 and have 3.8k and I've spent at least 2k on random bits whilst leveling. So call it 6k and then add another 1k on at least from the extra bits you'd do whilst leveling that I didn't. 7k sounds a nice amount to level those profs to a somewhat decent level, then you'll make a shedload doing MOP stuff
    i think it could be fairly dependant on what server you play on. when i played my server was a medium pop server and low level crafting shit was fairly expensive

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullbanger View Post
    Hey.

    I have a friend that wants to start playing some pvp.
    She has played some wow back in the days, and back then she played casters the most.
    She is not interested in healing, but want to go as a caster dps.
    As she is quite busy on other areas, she is looking for the easiest class to master.

    If you have any thoughts about which professions that would suit a pvp caster, feel free to shout out.

    Thank you for your time.

    I recommend Blacksmithing with a +320 int profession, excluding jewelcrafting since it's horrible. Unless you are a frost mage, then I recommend going with engineering instead.

    I recommend to go as a pure caster dps if she isn't interested in other roles. So that would be a frost mage or warlock

  9. #9
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,762
    I'd say frost mage or shadowpriest.
    Both aren't to hard to learn, and currently very good. Boomkins and elemental shamans are pretty easy to learn as well, however, are not as viable as mages and priests.
    Warlocks are another thing, they have 3 speces that are currently somewhat viable. The speces aren't to hard to learn either, however, because warlocks get nerfed over and over, you'll end up switching spec very often, requiring you to know how all 3 speces work.

    Elemental shaman is probably the easiest to master, followed by boomkins, shadowpriests, frost mages and warlocks, in that order. (Don't bother quoting me on this, that's just how it is). But since you ain't aiming high, it really doesn't matter that much how easy it is to really master the class.

    Now in terms of strength, you'll notice that elemental shamans, boomkins and warlocks are rather underpowered now, while frost mages and spriests are rather overpowered. (quote on this incoming?)

    As for professions, it really doesn't matter what you use unless min maxing.
    Blacksmith + tailoring gives the biggest statbonus afaik, while tailoring + engineering is the most useful combo for normal battlegrounds.
    However, many of these professions are rather expensive to level as a new player, and even many pros don't really care that much about their professions, so I'd say: just take what you prefer.
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-01-13 at 11:31 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •